What is the best TM gas pistol?

teragaxu
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Suppose it depends on what you define as best.

Hi Cappa series has the most customizability for sure - the Barbie doll of airsoft pistols. :lol:

Glock series are pretty damn reliable.

Mk23 is the best performer, it is essentially a one-handed, super gas efficient, silent and compact sniper rifle. I never thought I'd call a MK23 "compact"...

As above, you have:

Hi-capa, the race pistols, super fast and cusomizable.

Glock, reliable and very common, fast enough, accurate enough.

Mk23, Silent, long range an accurate - con however is a LOOOOONG and slow trigger pull so rate of fire is not incredible. 

HK45, the new one gets great reviews, perhaps not the fastest firing but a nice realistic blow back due to the larger Blow Back Unit

P99, Somewhat common so parts shouldn't be too hard to get. People get this for looks more than performance.

Other fancy stuff, but mostly after the above, it's all for looks and less performance.

The best for performance imo would be the Hi-capa's, as I play CQB so I need fast trigger response and return speed of the slide, it can be easily upgraded for better accuracy and range.

For outdoor play or being a sneaky b*****d I would say the Mk23.

The Glock is the most rounded and balanced.

Hope this helps! :)

Just pick one you like. Hi-Capa shoots nice but girly as f***, Glock shoots well, and rugged. 

You can spend as much as you like on aftermarket bits, but buy what’s nice for you.

And MK23 is nice but MASSIVE in comparison to the Hi-Capa and Glock

i have the gold match hi Capa and yes it's 100% the girly gun of the bunch lol. Not the most amount of recoil but definitely a fun one.

Note: gold match isn't really worth customising as its got a cutout slide and stuff already built on, fast cycling speed and etc. Standard hi Capa model is definitely worthwhile changing parts on though.

Getting a mk23 with lam and suppressor soon, so ill post a picture to show the size difference as it is definitely huge compared lol.

Got a few - 

The TM M92F is a pretty, classic pistol but quite light weight though generally reliable. Fixed HOP though as it is an older version. 

The TM M9A1 is staggeringly good. Adjustable HOP and weighty. Good for 50m range I would say. 

The TM P226E2 is probably the best pistol I own. Very comfy in the hand, weighty, accurate and again, 50m range or so. 

My TM Detonics is a snappy, punchy little pistol, incredibly fun to shoot but probably less range than the previous two. 

The TM Mk. 23 is as mentioned a beast, being large... although it is light. The range, performance and accuracy is legendary and for good reason. Not blowback so way more gas efficient. 

My brother has the TM Glock 18C, and loves it. Seems reliable and accurate. 

• Head Moderator

The TM Mk23 is great if you like very quiet shots. 

Outdoor Tm mk23 

indoor i I like the FN5-7 because it’s plastic in real life anyway. 

7 minutes ago, teragaxu said:

Would the mk23 be any good on an indoor sight where only semi auto is allowed?

As everyone has already pointed out, the mk23 is very good at any range.

However 2 things to note are

1: It's very big (and long with the suppressor attached)

2: It has a long and slow trigger pull so rate of fire will not be on your side.

It is however as already stated, incredibly silent.

I suggest you take your own opinion from the gathered facts as play style is down to the individual alone.

Some prefer big long rifles for CQB, some race pistols, there is no single "best" so decide if this will create the play style you would want :)

The problem with the mk23 is the trigger is slow and heavy because it isn’t a GBB, so it doesn’t lend itself to a fast cqb environment. You certainly can use it, but the range and accuracy are wasted up close 

3 minutes ago, teragaxu said:

Is the high capa still good at a range?

It's about the same as most other TM pistols.

What ranges will you playing with it? CQB? Field?

3 minutes ago, teragaxu said:

I go to an urban cqb site and sometimes a woodland site.

In my experience unless you snipe or have up close areas wihtin the woodland areas, I don't even bother running a pistol.

If you do want to run one outside like that I would use a longer range pistol.

For urban CQB I would always run the fastest possible personally, again whats your play style?

You should have most of the facts and ideas, you just have to pick one you like the look of and know it fires fast.

All TM are good, none really bad so pick a few and youtube them to see speeds and accuracy tests.

Hopefully you should be sorted then :)

You could always cock the Mk. 23 to reduce trigger pull... 

At the end of the day, any TM pistol will pretty perform very well, unless you really muck around with new internals. 

Ive had my TM HK45 Tactical for a while now. Took a little to find the perfect  gas to make it run on cold days, but this thing doesnt miss a beat. Great range, very accurate, and love the urganomics. If i were to buy again I wouldnt opt for the tactical as the silencer is really not worth the cost difference.

For swapping to metal slides...
@Marc.RG1is my go to for pistol videos lol. Here is an actual video on doing just that.

2 hours ago, teragaxu said:

Is it easy switching the plastic slide on the Hi capa 5.1 to a metal slide as well?

Yeah very easy, don't cheat like I did for the sake of the video though, totally remove the frame first. :)

ATB Marc 

I used my TM MK23 for the first time on Sunday and absolutely loved it. However it did take me some time to get used to the longer trigger pull. Found myself cocking it before engagement quite a few times. I can see me using it more for outdoor games as my other pistol is much quicker in rattling off rounds!  

4 minutes ago, Arwen said:

I used my TM MK23 for the first time on Sunday and absolutely loved it. However it did take me some time to get used to the longer trigger pull. Found myself cocking it before engagement quite a few times. I can see me using it more for outdoor games as my other pistol is much quicker in rattling off rounds!  

I imagine I'll struggle as well when I get my mk23 lol. Gonna be too used to the hi Capa trigger pull. Ah well. Something to get used to i guess.

• Supporters

I'm a fan of the 1911 high cappa or the Glock 17 

Archived