GHK G5

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well that was unfortunate.
Took the G5 for its first outing at Camp Sparta yesterday. The first game was very entertaining!
However, second game of the day, the cocking handle sheered off completely.
I was absolutely gutted. Had to spend the rest of the day with my WE18C.
Ah nice chap lent me his shotgun for a while, but in the end, I was more effective (a relative term in this instance!) with my pistol.

Needless to say, I died. A lot.
Metal charging handle ordered. But I've already fallen out of love with the gun. And yes, I'm fickle like that. :(

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

I'm wondering - would it be eligible to be returned for a refund?
I would have thought that the cocking handle being used so little and then sheering would be sufficient cause?

In theory, yes. Under the "fit for purpose and last a reasonable length of time" part of the statutory rights. The issue will be that because you've used it the retailer might say that you were just ham-fisted with it.

15 minutes ago, Lozart said:

The issue will be that because you've used it the retailer might say that you were just ham-fisted with it.

Given what the gun is made for, I would have thought that a degree of robustness could be expected, rather than complete failure on its first outing.

I've pinged them an email. Fingers crossed.

• Supporters
Just now, sonofsammo said:

Given what the gun is made for, I would have thought that a degree of robustness could be expected, rather than complete failure on its first outing.

I've pinged them an email. Fingers crossed.

I agree but there's plenty of retailers out there that will just blame you rather than actually honour their obligations as a seller.

3 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Should have bought a Scar H ;) 

I have just bought a black one too, I cannot wait! I told myself to never buy WE again (years ago) but the SCAR H always seems to be positively spoken about.

As for the G5, I personally love GHK. However, i was not a fan of the G5 due to the build quality. I understand it was their attempt at a budget gun (this is the only reason the G5 exists) with polymer externals and zinc internals*, but it just felt very fragile, especially with the lower receiver cracking issue that could happen at any moment. I also wasn't a fan of the trigger guard's looks, which is an odd thing to analyse I guess. BUT, it did perform excellently. I cannot comment on the charging handle issue as I installed the hephaestus one but I remember hearing not to HK slap it with the standard plastic one as it will almost certainly snap off after a while.

*For reference, GHK guns usually have aluminium or steel externals  (depending on model, like M4, AK, etc) with steel internals, ultimately increasing the price. That's why they made the budget friendly G5, so that GHK was more accessible to the masses.

You’ll love it. As ou can see it will happily empty a mag in full auto (I didn’t have the bolt stop function on the mag on so it didn’t lock back) What I would recommend is a new inner barrel (maple leaf crazy jet is the best) and a maple leaf autobot bucking and omega nub. If you want the gun at 350 I’d say get a 60 bucking. If you want it at 400+ as a DMR I’d go with a 70. 

The reason for this is, someone at we thought it would be w good idea to change their barrel design. It’s still an open barrel like a vsr but the hole is much shorter. Changing the barrel/bucking turns it into a long range weapon. I also bought an angry gun adjustable nozzle. More consistent than an NPAS. That way I can either run it as a battle rifle or DMR. 

As for the G5.. do the lowers still crack on them? I thought that was only version 1’s

57 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

You’ll love it. As ou can see it will happily empty a mag in full auto (I didn’t have the bolt stop function on the mag on so it didn’t lock back) What I would recommend is a new inner barrel (maple leaf crazy jet is the best) and a maple leaf autobot bucking and omega nub. If you want the gun at 350 I’d say get a 60 bucking. If you want it at 400+ as a DMR I’d go with a 70. 

The reason for this is, someone at we thought it would be w good idea to change their barrel design. It’s still an open barrel like a vsr but the hole is much shorter. Changing the barrel/bucking turns it into a long range weapon. I also bought an angry gun adjustable nozzle. More consistent than an NPAS. That way I can either run it as a battle rifle or DMR. 

As for the G5.. do the lowers still crack on them? I thought that was only version 1’s

Thank you :lol: I have quite a few upgrade parts for it, including the 60 bucking. Really excited!

Yeah, the G5 lowers always crack unfortunately. The reinforced V2 lower marginally improved the durability, but you will still find that the majority of G5 owners will still do the epoxy mod in the rear of the lower. However, even then, it can still crack. Not sure why they, or someone else, haven't brought out an aluminium lower. I know FG Airsoft do an aluminium handguard but the handguard isn't the issue with them :huh: 

5 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Well after a bit of email back and forth, once we're out of hospital, they'll give me a full refund on return. Result!

Now it's back to the drawing board.
And time to offload two brand new, new style g5 mags :(

Try the "GHK / Samoon GBB Owners Group", "GHK M4 GBB Owners Group" or "GHK G5 GBB Owners Group" on Facebook to sell those mags

Archived