Best cqb face protection

Oneshotonekill
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Dear Airsoft friends. 

I have just picked up myself a Tokyo Marui usp compact from the brilliant guys at Firesupport. Now I am aiming to start playing a lot of cqb. But I’ve got a quite heavy face pro so I am aiming to be light! I look down my sites so I am kinda in a bit of a mess looking for the right one. I’ve seen them dye i4 masks and they look pretty badass and they do the job, no fogging etc but is there any other masks or the general goggles and mesh. By the way I’m using a pistol only loadout but when I do go to other sites I use my upgraded m4 with scopes etc so I want one for all round. 

Many thanks George 

• Supporters

Half mesh mask and goggles always work well. You can get fancy ones with built in fans to help with fogging. 

I'll vouch for the Dye. That was my go to mask for Airsoft and Paintball whilst I was U18 and it was great. 

• Supporters

Best full face masks I have found for cqb are either the Dye i4 or the BBA mesh masks. I use both and find the fencing style one the most comfortable but the Dye is better in the dark as the mesh does effect your lowlight vision.

Personally I think the Dye is the best all round face pro out there.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Oneshotonekill said:

Hi mate was it the dye i4 mask 

Yes. 

• Head Moderator

Dye i4 all the way.  The newer Dye i5 maybe lower profile but I have not used one to compare.

17 minutes ago, Aengus said:

So does the dye if you're coooool :ph34r: #mirroredlensesatnightgamesfolyfe

I've tried mirrored, clear, and high contrast orange lenses for lowlight.

For me, Clear works best in terms of visibility but then I also found people could blind me with their torches lol.

High contrast just makes things worse imo.
So I wear mirrored as they have a small visibility loss but in return you don't get caught out by blinding lights.

I was meaning to pick up a Dye I4 but instead bought a cheap preowned m4 in order to learn tech work without sacrificing my main guns lol, oh well. maybe next payday

1 hour ago, Oneshotonekill said:

Wow I would’ve thought that everyone hear would’ve been for the mix of goggles and mesh or even just goggles/glasses 

Oh I use goggles and mesh mix lol
100% does the job

no lower protection though = no teeth lol

IMO If you want mesh and goggles, go full seal goggles and full mesh

otherwise, the Dye I4 is the best option for 1 piece protection.

They work fine then.

I've got Revision Desert Locust goggles

and a Heroshark custom made Mesh Mask with ear mesh protection...

All in all this was stupidly expensive and a Dye I4 would have been the better option if I had known.

The only reason I had to go so expensive with the mesh is because a generic "one size fits all" mesh mask, or even the foldable masks, don't fit me! can't do the straps up tight enough for it to stay on properly...  Even with a custom fit the straps are a bit loose at times! 

Think I need to start taping the mask to my face lol, would fit better.

13 minutes ago, LightningCh said:

They work fine then.

I've got Revision Desert Locust goggles

and a Heroshark custom made Mesh Mask with ear mesh protection...

All in all this was stupidly expensive and a Dye I4 would have been the better option if I had known.

The only reason I had to go so expensive with the mesh is because a generic "one size fits all" mesh mask, or even the foldable masks, don't fit me! can't do the straps up tight enough for it to stay on properly...  Even with a custom fit the straps are a bit loose at times! 

Think I need to start taping the mask to my face lol, would fit better.

A lot of people do away with the straps on their mesh face pro and cable-tie them to their goggles.

4 minutes ago, Duff said:

A lot of people do away with the straps on their mesh face pro and cable-tie them to their goggles.

Never even thought of that!

Guess I'll steal some cable ties from work tomorrow and give it a go lol.

Only 2 points to attach to revision goggles though... unless i remove the foam, not like the foam does anything anyway... hmm will look into it

I suddenly remembered that I had some small cable ties sitting udner my bed in a box from my pc build last year lol.

Cable tied the mask to the goggles now :D 

Much more comfortable!

• Moderators

Never even thought of that!

Guess I'll steal some cable ties from work tomorrow and give it a go lol.

Only 2 points to attach to revision goggles though... unless i remove the foam, not like the foam does anything anyway... hmm will look into it

I just go Desert locust fan goggles and V2 face mask or half mask depending on if wearing a helmet in the CQB games

goggles still have the drizzle effect occasionally with fan on but ive also removed all the foam now on a 2nd hand pair i bought (already had bottom foam removed)....just trying out different anti-fog sprays, still favouring the fogtech wipes :)

but everyone is different and reacts different....so what may work for me may not with you....

37 minutes ago, djben9 said:

I just go Desert locust fan goggles and V2 face mask or half mask depending on if wearing a helmet in the CQB games

goggles still have the drizzle effect occasionally with fan on but ive also removed all the foam now on a 2nd hand pair i bought (already had bottom foam removed)....just trying out different anti-fog sprays, still favouring the fogtech wipes :)

but everyone is different and reacts different....so what may work for me may not with you....

I don't have the fan version, and even with the foam in place im yet to fog up. Not even been using the antifog wipes that came with the goggles. Can't say i run around a lot though, just not really sweated, so waiting for summer to change this lol 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, LightningCh said:

I don't have the fan version, and even with the foam in place im yet to fog up. Not even been using the antifog wipes that came with the goggles. Can't say i run around a lot though, just not really sweated, so waiting for summer to change this lol 

haha, tbh i find my ESSV12's seem to work better at times as well as my bullet ants than the fan versions, but depends what im doing, 

at moment using Abbey Antifog as need to use it up but having mixed results

like i said, you may find your ok yet i sweat more, try to wear lesser layers to remove heat as well.....just cant find any tactical pants .....:lol::lol:

Archived