Your eBay listing has been removed: Firearms Parts and Accessories

Hitman_Actual
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I have just had some listings removed from ebay - however a couple of weeks ago I sold a load of similar if not identical items with no problems:

We appreciate your selection for listing this item on eBay; however, due to recent changes in the policy and looking at the potential misuse of such items with real firearms, eBay has decided not to allow any airsoft parts which are intended to be used with a real firearms' lookalike airsoft rifle/ gun. Please understand that this policy is in place to prevent the potential misuse of such items and safeguard of eBay community members. We understand that it was unintentional; therefore, it's our request that kindly don't relist such parts on the site.

Here's a list of the item(s) that were removed:
323081665952 - AIRSOFT G&P 8 Inch Aluminium M4 Outer Barrel 
323081671368 - AIRSOFT ICS CXP MTR S1 Tactical Retractable Stock
323081676507 - AIRSOFT Black M4 Crane Stock with Metal Stock Tube

I cant imagine they are going to start removing all the similar listings?!

Anyone else had any issues?

• Supporters

I was under the impression selling Airsoft parts on eBay was fine just not fully functional (R)IFs. 

I've bought and sold a bunch of Airsoft kit on there over the years with no issues whatsoever and don't see what could have changed in such a small timeframe.

But if that's their new policy then so be it. I'll take my business elsewhere

Same thing happened when I sold a TM SPAS 12 stock. 

Phoned them and pointed out it was originally bought through eBay and there were several similar, cheaper parts for sale at the time. 

They reinstated it. 

33 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

Same thing happened when I sold a TM SPAS 12 stock. 

Phoned them and pointed out it was originally bought through eBay and there were several similar, cheaper parts for sale at the time. 

They reinstated it. 

I phoned them too, tried to explain - but no joy, the lady I spoke to explained they are in the process of taking down a lot of similar listings :-(

13 minutes ago, Esoterick said:

These policies never make sense, so remove parts that are very unlikely to fit on a real gun. Anything that mounts on a Weaver/Dovetail/Picatinny rail? Nah that's fine.

They let me list a M4 Receiver - however removed a Stock and Stock tube? :rolleyes:

You must state that “the item is an airsoft Toy part/component and will not, and cannot be used as a firearm or replace a real firearm internal component(s)”...

something along those lines. 

yeah gotta hate ebay, they put a complete ban on knife sales years ago that really pee'd me off. the rules on these sites dont seem to be thought out at all, and are enforced by people who don't seem to understand them. for example i had an ad for a kitten on gumtree removed. i asked them why, they said it was against one of their policy rules. even though i asked them 6 times to explain what rules the ad had broken they would not tell me. simply that it was against the rules.

Wierd... I've personally had no issue selling parts on eBay.

Another tip to avoid your ad being removed is:

Copy&Paste the link of a Chinese sellers ad (who is selling the same/similar item) on your ad to 'compare prices', but in fact, you're pulling out the 'fair card'

"if the Chinese can sell and send to the UK, why can't I sell the similar item in the UK myself?"

Also, try using the term "paintball' too just to make it extra obvious that it is only a toy.

always state: “the item is an airsoft Toy part/component and will not, and cannot be used as a firearm or replace a real firearm internal component(s)”

I never actually sell anything on eBay as their fees are unnecessary imo. I have had no issues selling parts on multiple Facebook groups and the aforementioned airsoft sites, so see no reason why I should pay eBay for the same thing :ph34r:

However, I do buy from eBay very frequently. 

I have noticed that the amount of airsoft stuff has declined, not sure if that is for the same reason as the OP.

Really does feel like airsoft is becoming less accepted... I certainly miss the days of Facebook airsoft gun sales, for instance! But if they are also cracking down on eBay, then that will be very annoying. :(

2 hours ago, BigBlackGlock said:

I have had no issues selling parts on multiple Facebook groups and the aforementioned airsoft sites, so see no reason why I should pay eBay for the same thing :ph34r:

However, I do buy from eBay very frequently. 

agree with you.

The possibility that you'll sell faster on facebook groups is so much higher than eBay and other airsoft market platform.

You'll even sell faster on this forum than on eBay.

• Supporters

I buy a lot of bits from AliExpress on the grounds that if the same parts are available for more money on eBay then why not buy direct from the source? I know they're not super high quality but I'm not paying the same price either!

I've done a fair bit of trade on eBay over the years but I'm getting ready to jump ship for this exact reason, there's just no consistency in what you can and can't list - if you get caught you get a 3 days new listing suspension, which isn't so bad.  What's worse if you get caught trying to exchange contact information before a sale you get an immediate 7 day listing ban. 

The claims procedure is heavily bias towards the buyer, huge amount of fraud committed by both sellers and buyers.  Recently eBay started paying VAT on the seller fees, so now your monthly end costs are 20% more (if not VAT registered). 

So someone just bought a receiver I had listed and paid via PayPal, now eBay have removed the listing so I can't see it in my sold listings, and the buyer cant see it in his purchases - although i still have the cash in my PayPal! What a mess! 

4 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

What's worse if you get caught trying to exchange contact information before a sale you get an immediate 7 day listing ban. 

I wish i had known this a short while ago, I was interested in an item and the seller said he could send a few more pictures via email. So, I tried to send him my email address, got a 7 day suspenion and couldn't purchase the item :lol: It sold to someone else. 

I could have signed out and bought it but decided not to as I couldn't get those images (there was only one blurry image on the listing)

EBay is such an experience...

Wow Glock, that's harsh.  Seller should/could have used eBay's own messaging system to send the pics.  Trouble is eBay send out so many stupid sh*t emails that when something important needs to be communicated it gets lost in all the junk, or rather deleted the moment it lands in your inbox. 

Now imagine if your a seller who's sole income relies on eBay.  A 7 day delisting could spell huge problems.  When this happened to me I discovered that if you used eBay Promote Your Listings feature (ok cost 1%) they would get automatically relisted lol.  eBay can't even enforce their own policies.

Archived