Gas or Battery ?

SMike666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 minutes ago, Sako said:

Probably the main issue with HPA I think is the cost, even a basic starter ‘kit’ (gun, cylinder & line) is going to set you back £500, which can often be difficult to justify when well performing AEG’s can be had for around half as much...

...though the fun is also half as much!! 

Oh yeah, that's exactly why I didn't buy one first lol, Spent £500 and got 3 AEGS and a GBB pistol, only thing is 2 of the AEGs are preowned guns... Compared to £500 for a HPA and then maybe not enjoying the tank and line? Wasn't worth that risk as I had never even see HPA in use til my last game lol

In regards to gas... green gas is just propane with some added silicone oil for the most part. Abbey has their own, non silicone based lubricant in there’s. I personally use propane and lubricate the gun manually. Cheaper and less crap gets in your hop rubber. 

For sub zero temperatures I use MAPP gas in the yellow bottle. It’s proper name is polypropylene. It’s a higher pressure than green gas, and importantly a lower boiling point. That means in terms of gas efficiency it is much better. There are two cons.... I wouldn’t use it in a plastic slide pistol unless i was trying to mag dump a TM g18c in the North Pole. And finally.. it absolutely stinks. 

51 minutes ago, LightningCh said:

Oh yeah, that's exactly why I didn't buy one first lol, Spent £500 and got 3 AEGS and a GBB pistol, only thing is 2 of the AEGs are preowned guns... Compared to £500 for a HPA and then maybe not enjoying the tank and line? Wasn't worth that risk as I had never even see HPA in use til my last game lol

Thats a lot of kit for your money!

you honestly won’t even notice the tank and line, it just stays tucked away. And like I say about a sling, just let it hang on a single point and you still are unaware of there being a tank and line.

there are several tank sizes should you want to stay lighter, but a standard 48ci tank is really very compact as is.

1 minute ago, Sako said:

Thats a lot of kit for your money!

you honestly won’t even notice the tank and line, it just stays tucked away. And like I say about a sling, just let it hang on a single point and you still are unaware of there being a tank and line.

there are several tank sizes should you want to stay lighter, but a standard 48ci tank is really very compact as is.

I just need a further what? £500 + mods and a new rig, and a new everything? lol... some day... but not today lol

4 minutes ago, LightningCh said:

I just need a further what? £500 + mods and a new rig, and a new everything? lol... some day... but not today lol

No I mean you got a lot of kit for your money.

yeah, if you were buying you’d be needing somewhere around £600, which is unlikely anyone has just lying around! 

1 minute ago, Sako said:

No I mean you got a lot of kit for your money.

yeah, if you were buying you’d be needing somewhere around £600, which is unlikely anyone has just lying around! 

My mistake, it wasn't meant to be aimed at the "lot of kit" lol. Should have trimmed the quote.

And yeah, I mean I could afford it within the next couple months, but want to get use out of the rest first lol, also need to move out... 

Sometimes I sit here wondering why I started airsoft when I knew I wanted to move out asap lol.

1 hour ago, LightningCh said:

My mistake, it wasn't meant to be aimed at the "lot of kit" lol. Should have trimmed the quote.

And yeah, I mean I could afford it within the next couple months, but want to get use out of the rest first lol, also need to move out... 

Sometimes I sit here wondering why I started airsoft when I knew I wanted to move out asap lol.

Well my mistake was taking my son out to try Airsoft, he loves it and now he wants a Tippman set up for his birthday!! 

Guess i I best get my bank account ready for a beating.

19 minutes ago, Sako said:

Well my mistake was taking my son out to try Airsoft, he loves it and now he wants a Tippman set up for his birthday!! 

Guess i I best get my bank account ready for a beating.

Lol. Yup, 

Important lesson I have learnt from Airsoft forums and other players.

Keep family and girlfriends away from airsoft at all costs!

6 minutes ago, LightningCh said:

Lol. Yup, 

Important lesson I have learnt from Airsoft forums and other players.

Keep family and girlfriends away from airsoft at all costs!

Never a truer word spoken!

Archived