Gas router on pistol mag?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I understand that the knocker valve needs to be depressed on an empty mag, and silicone oil poured into the rectangular hole at the top of the mag. Is this correct.

Why do some people bleed remaining gas out of the mag after use and put a bit of maintenance gas in, while others prefer to leave a bit of green gas in? If you  use only green gas is it necessary to use maintenance gas from time to time?

So far I have only test fired my gbb pistol (about 30 shots) put a little more gas in and put the gun away. Should I have been diong something else? My gun didn't come with an owner's manual. That is accessed online, and a pretty thin and useless guide to maintenance it is. Hence my question.

2 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

I understand that the knocker valve needs to be depressed on an empty mag, and silicone oil poured into the rectangular hole at the top of the mag. Is this correct.

Why do some people bleed remaining gas out of the mag after use and put a bit of maintenance gas in, while others prefer to leave a bit of green gas in? If you  use only green gas is it necessary to use maintenance gas from time to time?

So far I have only test fired my gbb pistol (about 30 shots) put a little more gas in and put the gun away. Should I have been diong something else? My gun didn't come with an owner's manual. That is accessed online, and a pretty thin and useless guide to maintenance it is. Hence my question.

Not too sure about the 1st part, as for the Bleeding of remaining gas, I would imagine to prevent water / condensation build up within the gas mag? Bit like a compressor gets a build up of water over time.

But this is just my theory.

Found this hope it helps https://vipairsoft.wordpress.com/2015/10/05/beginner-tips-3-green-gas-effects/

I thought people bleed the mag just to relieve the pressure on the valve and seals?

Like, bleed it dry and then put a small burst of gas in just to keep it lubricated. Less gas would mean less pressure?

1 minute ago, LightningCh said:

I thought people bleed the mag just to relieve the pressure on the valve and seals?

Like, bleed it dry and then put a small burst of gas in just to keep it lubricated. Less gas would mean less pressure?

I found a website that explains the reason. haha 

Just now, Ex-Rnuw said:

I found a website that explains the reason. haha 

You added it right as I posted then lol

Just now, LightningCh said:

You added it right as I posted then lol

Great minds think alike!

43 minutes ago, Ex-Rnuw said:

Not too sure about the 1st part, as for the Bleeding of remaining gas, I would imagine to prevent water / condensation build up within the gas mag? Bit like a compressor gets a build up of water over time.

But this is just my theory.

Found this hope it helps https://vipairsoft.wordpress.com/2015/10/05/beginner-tips-3-green-gas-effects/

Yes there's bags of advice and instructional videos out there.

Unfortunately they tend to contradict each other. I found it was the same with firearms when I lived abroad and owned them.

One bloke says fill an empty mag with a good 8-10 second blast of green gas. Another says no more than five seconds at a time. Another very short blasts until it's full. And so on. And almost every time I look at a maintenance video blokes are spraying the slides and trigger groups with silicone oil. Yes, some use lithium grease and keep it away from rubber but most just use silicone for everything. Even cleaning the barrel. 

Could I just rephrase my question? After I have lubed the refill valve and the hammer contact valve should I also dribble some oil into the gas router? 

15 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Could I just rephrase my question? After I have lubed the refill valve and the hammer contact valve should I also dribble some oil into the gas router? 

Oh see that's where Green gas should be doing it for you lol.

I watch @Marc.RG1 for all my GBB pistol needs lol But I have a TM to match his, but the principle is the same.

He doesn't put anything on the router as such, just a tiny of bit of grease on it to help seal the top of the mag properly 

This link will put you exactly where he talks about the gas router.

You're welcome! :)

As Marc does say. Its how he does it, it's not the only way, but its a way that works and that's good enough for me lol. Hence why i always share it to people who need maintenance tips for the GBB pistols... Without his videos I would be struggling to get my gold match hi Capa working properly lol.

Archived