Rubber Knives

Ex-Rnuw
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Rubber Knives, does anyone use them or have one in their load out? I was thinking of adding one to mine.

In advance I tried looking for this topic, but found no threads.

I have one, have it on me sometimes as a piece, only ever had 1 kill with it though.

The site I play at now though had a problem with people using larger coldsteel ones so I cannot use mine anymore (I have a coldsteel M9 bayonet, site rules : "blade must bend to hilt"

It's cool, it's a show piece, it's fun to use - is it practical? Hell no :lol:

You can get cheapo ones that are thin and floppy, or for a little extra, a cold steel knife that looks badass.

• Supporters

I've never bothered with one personally nor have I ever been killed by one however they seem like fun novelty items. 

2 minutes ago, Ex-Rnuw said:

If you're looking for advice I wouldn't take much to be honest other than it will be a 90% show piece in hand or on your vest.

It's cheap enough to screw around with anyway :)

5 minutes ago, Corky2110 said:

If you're looking for advice I wouldn't take much to be honest other than it will be a 90% show piece in hand or on your vest.

It's cheap enough to screw around with anyway :)

Not so much as advice bud, more to see if anyone else had used them or uses them. But I do appreciate peoples thoughts.:) 

I use a coldsteel rubber training knife They do a wide variety of knives but no decent sheaths unfortunately, so I made my own using kydex. Can fit it to my belt with a tek-lok or my JPC with malice clips

• Head Moderator

I have a flexible bayonet style rubber knife.  Do not often use it but I carry it "just in case" it is required.  Played one game once where no shooting was allowed for the first couple of minutes so only knife kills were possible.

• Supporters

Half the stuff we buy and wear is just for show or to make us feel good.  Go for it.

If I were to take a melee weapon to CQB, it would likely be a rubber wrench as part of a Bob the Builder rig, or an axe.

20 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Half the stuff we buy and wear is just for show or to make us feel good.  Go for it.

If I were to take a melee weapon to CQB, it would likely be a rubber wrench as part of a Bob the Builder rig, or an axe.

I like the thought of that, DayZ stuff

• Supporters

Ha! My brother has a rubber bayonet knife similar to Jedi. 

I on the other hand took a leaf out of @ImTriggerHappy‘s book and bought a plush squeaky floatable lobster. Why a lobster? Is our team patch, he has been lovingly knicknamed Larry, he lost his virginity at Gunman Tuddenham when I first used him. (When asked in the brief if anyone had any questions, I asked if I could use a humouress item for a knife, everyone expecting it to be a dildo, brought out the lobster, and the head Marshall reminisced about his pet lobsters... good times)

Since then, Larry has been a horny devil and on the rampage. 

I think using a knife brings an added dimension to the game, and requires more skill to get a kill with a knife than a gun.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a game years ago at The Outpost in Kidderminster (Drakelow Tunnels) where one of the OPFor players took out 7 of our 8 man team with a knife.  It was dark so difficult to see anything.  He only got taken out by player 8 who noticed that nobody behind him was talking any more and turned round to see what had happened.  Shot the guy before he could do a clean sweep.

Archived