Wholesaler's and Hobbies

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

(Terrible title)

So in my spare time slaving away at a full time job, I've recently found leisure in fixing a repairing Gas Blowback Pistols. This all started when my WE 1911 suffered fall damage one skirmish at UCAP Bunker, which put the hammer, magazine release and blowback housing in disrepair. Being that it was my first ever Airsoft purchase, I had an emotional attachment to the weapon. I was invested in getting it back to working order. At the time, I had no idea what I was doing or looking for, it took almost 6 months to get the pistol to shoot again. I finally found the one wholesaler website that sold the final piece, it felt really good to fit that part and to fire it again. I found a new hobby among another hobby of mine, and I wanted to do it again. So I purchased another pistol, now my KJ Works M9, which had multiple problems with it. I stripped all 90+ parts and screws and went back the last website where I found the final part for my 1911. KYAirsoft. I bought 5 new parts the M9 was in desperate need of, cleaned, re-greased and oiled all the parts, fitted it back together and once again, I managed to restore a pistol back to 'like new' working order. I want to keep doing this, I want to continue fixing Gas Airsoft guns. I now await for a WE P226 to arrive that seek some TLC and continue to be looking for potential new projects for myself. Even branch out to a GBBR to fix one day.

I want to know if there is someone here who has done the same/ does the same/ feels the same as I do. Or had a similar situation or now fixes guns as a past time also. Suggestions of sites for parts or just general rabble. This was mostly just a ramble post but it would be interesting to read other peoples input.

Yep, same matey. I like fixing, modifying and general fiddling as much as I like shooting tbh.

I tend to use Milespecsolutions, Firesupport, Rainbow8 and my local site, MPA, for parts.

Dont be afraid of gbbr, I just fixed a WE M4. Once you’ve been through a pistol, the rifle will just fall into place

for a good intermediate gun to work on is a mp9 kwa/asg I wouldn't say its easy but it not hard mostly pins and springs

I enjoyed changing parts and servicing it plus with a few mods kick hard and feels good to shoot  

• Supporters

Sure, it's not unusual. I've started airsofting as much for fiddling with the guns as pew-pewing them.

Same reason I bought a Royal Enfield motorcycle - plenty of opportunities for spannering.

I love working on my gas guns. Me and AEG’s don’t get on, but I’m rather proficient at them. I find if you can problem solve and fix them, you have a better understanding of how they work, and in turn you know what is good or bad in a gun and the best way to upgrade one. 

For example. The Mws nozzle I found to be the easiest to strip and reassemble. The WE GBBR’s in second as it’s just pins. and absolute dead last is KWA’s offering with those sh*tty roll pins that never want to come out. 

I know how to maintain and fix the pistols I have, but I’m thinking of building a hi-capa, purely to get a better understanding of pistols. 

• Supporters

Yep. I fist started with my own guns, then some buddies, then when I got better with them I ran it as a business as a part time job. Then I got fed up with idiots customers with boring fixes and upgrades but mainly with a few horribly bad guns that I had to take apart 20 times and still couldn't get it work. These were teammates' guns so it wasn't even worth doing it.

Conclusion is: if you are doing it for fun, do it only as long as you are having fun.

Archived