Kit for FIBUA

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning all - I'm heading for Camp Sparta (CQB/FIBUA site) on Sunday and I was wondering what I'll need as kit.
I have an 18c and a rifle. I generally carry everything in a small daysack. I'm guessing I'll need a holster as tucking in my waistband would be impractical?
The rifle is as it came, no lights or sights or anything.
What's the bare minimum to be effective? And what are the extras that would make the day more enjoyable / more comfortable?
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance :-D

I would suggest getting some form of cheap red dot, the just make aim a lot easier, I always thought they weren’t that useful until I used one, as you can only see the dot if your rifle is straight, just helps you keep on target and to be mor accurate.

• Supporters

Full face if you don’t already have it and a helmet , your potentially going to get a good few shots to the mush , any one can say “I’m ard ! I don’t need full face !” But just see how ‘ard’ they are when they loose a tooth close in burst to the face ? And I always wear a helmet , I don’t care how switched on you are when the rounds are flying and the adrenaline is pumping your more likely to miss that low hanging obstacle and tw*t your head on it . Over the yrs I’ve seen a fair few have there game day cut short after smacking there heads on somthing (me included) and end up pumping claret and need treatment . Tac gearwise if there is any darkened areas on the site a strong LED type torch , doesn’t need to be a sooper dooper gun mountable tacticool one , any thing will do just as long as it’s small enough that you can hold it in your hand whilst holding your AEG foreend at the same type . 

4 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Full face if you don’t already have it and a helmet , your potentially going to get a good few shots to the mush , any one can say “I’m ard ! I don’t need full face !” But just see how ‘ard’ they are when they loose a tooth close in burst to the face ? And I always wear a helmet , I don’t care how switched on you are when the rounds are flying and the adrenaline is pumping your more likely to miss that low hanging obstacle and tw*t your head on it . Over the yrs I’ve seen a fair few have there game day cut short after smacking there heads on somthing (me included) and end up pumping claret and need treatment . Tac gearwise if there is any darkened areas on the site a strong LED type torch , doesn’t need to be a sooper dooper gun mountable tacticool one , any thing will do just as long as it’s small enough that you can hold it in your hand whilst holding your AEG foreend at the same type . 

Thanks for the advice.

I think I’ll get a helmet! Had avoided it before, but I’m very accident prone, so it’s probably a very good idea!

Are they all created equal? Any suggestions as to what to look for?

Ive got a cree torch, so I’ll use that.

Definitely recommend a cheap red dot. I got a £15 one from eBay and it’s been sat on my mp7 for 6 months and hasn’t missed a beat. 

Cheaper helmets can be uncomfortable. I’m not clued up on specific brands, but take a look on the inside and see what the padding is like. If you do buy a cheap one and it’s not perfect, you could always add bycicle helmet padding to adjust the fit. 

Is your gun particularly heavy? A sling might be a good idea if it is. Also means you can transition from a rifle to a pistol and flash light quickly if you decided to clear buildings. 

• Supporters
8 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

I think I’ll get a helmet! Had avoided it before, but I’m very accident prone, so it’s probably a very good idea!

If your going Sunday have you got a shop near by ? Wouldn’t think an on-line purchase would arrive in time ?

Just found this on amazon and it’s a good one , if you have prime or you know someone who does you can have it for Sunday 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KSS-Tactical-Lightweight-Ops-Core-Helmet/dp/B01G39ST9U/ref=sr_1_27?s=sports&rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1518733042&sr=1-27&keywords=Airsoft+helmet&refinements=p_76%3A419158031

I'd definitely recommend some good boots, nice thick socks and possibly and ankle support if you're going somewhere with lots of tripping hazards. Nothing like a badly twisted ankle 10 minutes in to put a downer on the day!

Can recommend this helmet (I got mine from Military1st)

http://www.military1st.co.uk/10557r-mfh-us-helmet-mich-2002-coyote.html.

Combine with full face or lower mesh, and maybe a shemagh too.

Gloves! You're in close range, and that means you can end up taking more than a few knuckle shots.

Cool - thanks guys - ended up heading for Urbanairsoft. Sorted out a helmet (talked wife into buying it for me, as it's a "safety item" :-D ) a chest rig and a sling.
Had a look at scopes while I was there. I liked the holo type sight. Didn't like the cylinder red dot types. Liked the ACOG 3x/4x with extra sight on top. As a result, couldn't make my mind up!
I'm not sure about gloves. I use sealskin shooting gloves at the mo, because they have flip back forefinger and thumbs, which I like. However, they offer little in terms of protection.

• Supporters

Your G5 will break the cheap red dot/'holo' sights every airsoft store stocks; well over a decade of using all sorts of sights and various recoiling airsoft guns has shown me this and everyone I know who's been playing a long time says the same thing.  Use iron sights until you can save up enough to buy a base level firearm-suitable optic.  Vortex, Holosun, Primary Arms etc otherwise you're just straight pissing money down the drain when the £30-40 sight breaks and it will break.

Vortex are amazing. Lifetime warranty. Gets shot out, throw it back at them and they’ll give you another. 

Archived