Cyma cm.o45a Problem.

OwJaBa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I changed the inner barrel out of my CYMA ak74u for a longer one that was in one of my M4s, a tiny little rubber piece about the size of a grain of rice fell and i didnt think much of it but now after reassembling it the hop up doesnt work at all. Any answers? This is the first gun i've put some effort into to making better and don't know much about the internals or general construction of aegs but would love some help. -Owen

• Head Moderator

Moved to Advice & technical Help section

Hi, it's your hop up bucking. You need to take it apart again, carefully remove the hop up adjuster bar there is a small screw each side then, if you look inside you will see the pressure bar. there should be a pin going through one side of the hop up to the other. Remove the pin, lift out the bar and your hop up bucking sits across, same as the pin. Just make sure the inner barrel is the right way up before fitting it. If you press down inside gently you should feel the rubber inside springy due to the window in the barrel being in the correct position. If you don't and it feels solid you need to turn the inner barrel until it is right. Then reassemble. I have explained as best I can, but you are probably best going on You tube and finding out. Just type in hop up replacement AK74

Thanks for be so swift in your reply. I'll take another look at it again tomorrow and try to figure it out. Thanks again.

Archived