ASG Armalite vs G&G CM16?

craigpd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm new to airsoft, actually got my first game lined up for the weekend, and yet I already find myself looking at setups. And I've come to what seems to be a bit of a deadend to my own decision making. 

Unable to find any "complete" reviews on these two weapons I thought I'd turn here for help in making what may one day turn out to be my first rifle purchase. 

I'm currently looking at the "ASG ARMALITE M15 Series M15 Operator Sportline" and the "G&G CM16 Raider" I understand generally all G&G guns are considered to be excellent quality and a fantastic start for any player, but to be a bit of an arse, I honestly cannot stand the fixed front sight, and the shorter barrel of the ASG is something I know I'm more comfortable with from my experience with air rifles. 

If the G&G is truly that much better made of a weapon then I could no doubt come to not hate that fixed front sight nearly as much, but I would greatly appreciate any input!

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, craigpd said:

I honestly cannot stand the fixed front sight, and the shorter barrel of the ASG is something I know I'm more comfortable with from my experience with air rifles. 

What about these instead then: http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-m4-m15-m16-variants/g-g-combat-machine-cm18-mod1-aeg-rifle-black.htm#.WoMfZ-jFJ9A or http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-m4-m15-m16-variants/g-and-g-armament-combat-machine-cm16-ffr-a2-black.htm#.WoMfnOjFJ9A

Sadly a little outside of what I'm looking to spend, but on top of that, those legit never even showed up in my browser when looking through Patrolbase, so thank you for linking them. I guess I can save a little more now knowing that they're there. 

Any further input on the M15 vs CM16 would still be greatly appreciated

• Supporters

I have owned both of the guns your looking at. The M15 came firing hot (370fps) so bear that in mind, will require a spring change before you can skirmish it. It’s a well built RIF, solidly built and performs fairly well. Looks nice as well.

The CM16 is fantastic, and you’ll see I always recommend them to newcomers, they are light, well built, easy to work on, and performs great for very little money. They are reliable, and come in around the 320fps mark which means you can use it at any site.

Having owned and used both,  I now only have 1 of the 2, the CM16, it’s cheaper(more money for furniture and mags etc), holds its value better and is easier to sell on when you want to upgrade. 

Just now, Prisce said:

I have owned both of the guns your looking at. The M15 came firing hot (370fps) so bear that in mind, will require a spring change before you can skirmish it. It’s a well built RIF, solidly built and performs fairly well. Looks nice as well.

The CM16 is fantastic, and you’ll see I always recommend them to newcomers, they are light, well built, easy to work on, and performs great for very little money. They are reliable, and come in around the 320fps mark which means you can use it at any site.

Having owned and used both,  I now only have 1 of the 2, the CM16, it’s cheaper(more money for furniture and mags etc), holds its value better and is easier to sell on when you want to upgrade. 

Thanks, this is massively helpful!

I did have some eaking concerns about the M15 firing higher than rated, while I understand this is a concern for all guns you may buy, it wouldn't be much of a problem on the G&G with a manufacturer claim of 320fps vs the 349fps of the ASG.

On a side note, how reliable is the used market for airsoft weapons? I understand that it will ultimately rely on the seller and personal experiences vary, but is there a general "theme" as such? 

• Supporters

The used market is the same as all used markets, some people know what they are doing, others don’t; some people are honest, others aren’t.

If you look on here there is a feedback section so you can check the sellers history before buying, i’d always suggest using PayPal goods and service as you have that extra barrier.

I have bought and sold many RIFs and bits of equipment from here and other sites, I have never had any complaints from buyers, and to date, have never had an issue with a seller advertising something incorrectly.

• Supporters

I can't compare it to the other gun but I too own a CM16 and concur with @Prisce. Excellent bang for your buck.

I bought mine used a couple years ago for about £100 (came with a load of extras too!) and yet it still performs exactly the same as it did on Day 1. A few scratches here and there since then but no dents or cracks to the body.  

Excuse me for butting in, but are the more expensive G&G Combat Machines (200+quid) and the Top Tech ones (about 300) equally well regarded, or is there better stuff out there for the same money?

My own priority when buying a gun is reliability. I'm not very technical and can't afford to put lots of upgrades into a gun. So I look for something that will run reasonably well for a while before needing repair.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Excuse me for butting in, but are the more expensive G&G Combat Machines (200+quid) and the Top Tech ones (about 300) equally well regarded, or is there better stuff out there for the same money?

I personally have no experience with G&G top tech guns. But I do have friends with them,  GC16 pred, Wildhog, GR4 etc. They are all reliable (so far), and they perform well, the only things I have heard about G&G Top techs and the like is that the mosfets fail quite readily.

People will always recommend Krytac and TM as well built-no-need-to-upgrade guns. I have no experience with Krytacs, but people I trust regard them as excellent out of the box. I have had 3 TMs and they have all been excellent. 

I would pop in to your local Airsoft shop and talk to a couple of the guys, or go to a game and talk to a few people there and see what they have(most people will let you try their gun).

Hope this helps:)

• Supporters
18 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

My own priority when buying a gun is reliability. I'm not very technical and can't afford to put lots of upgrades into a gun. So I look for something that will run reasonably well for a while before needing repair.

The top techs are great but at the price point of the mid range stuff I'd say there is better out there. 

Archived