Sniper rifle for starters

Oneshotonekill
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I had a chat to the guy's at Patrol Base in Huddersfield about Sniper Rifles, their advice was buy cheap and Pimp/Hop up, which kinda sounded a little daft to me! I mean they didn't push for the sell on more expensive rifles. (Credit to the guy's) But I also see where they're coming from as most sights seem to have a limit on FPS of around 500, so the rifle I looked at was the  Tokyo Marui VSR-10 Pro Sniper Rifle, and hop up as and when needed. But, after speaking to the guys, I've decided to go for the (Well MB-01/08 Warrior I Fluted Barrel Sniper Rifle) at £80 cheaper than the VSR, I'll use that money to hop the rifle up. B) 

Taking in to account though the FPS.

The dental floss actually compresses the hop rubber onto the barrel to form a seal. The tape just jams in there in the hope that it'll squish down and form a seal.

Where the ptfe tape is useful is if the outer barrel is a sloppy fit into the receiver.

50 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

The dental floss actually compresses the hop rubber onto the barrel to form a seal. The tape just jams in there in the hope that it'll squish down and form a seal.

Where the ptfe tape is useful is if the outer barrel is a sloppy fit into the receiver.

Argh I see. :)

Archived