I made a cardinal mistake with a purchase

gasman
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi being quite new to air-soft I feel really stupid having been conned by a shop that described the gun I loved the feel of as display only not skirmished. The gun was not at all as described as I found out later. the alarm bells should have rung when the shop failed to find its box but found a box from the same make but different model. So I bought new lipos to suit the gun did not check that the lipos in the boxes where as described on the box in the shop, can you see where I going here should have been 7.4 x 1100mah got one new battery that size and one used 7.4 1400mah AAAAAAAAh. So back to the gun which was shooting a poor 312 fps ohh I thought comes with spare spring must be the 90 spring fitted not the 120 so I did the one thing I should not have done and started to strip the gun to access the gearbox enter and convert spring change.undid grip end cover to find exposed bare wire going to motor where some bright spark had changed a motor terminal by baring the wire soldering a used terminal on and not fitted any shrink tube over the repair. Took off motor and grip. removed upper body by removing relevant pins found rear pin very worn and chewed up. Obviously removed stock tube and took out gear box took out spring which turned out to be the original 120 spring which was much stronger the the spare new spring so refitted all and took it back to the shop. the shop owner was obviously aware of the guns history and the owner said you have invalidated the warranty but we will have our gun tech look at it. What comes next is no surprise I am blamed for the dodgy repair so no refund. The name of this wonderful shop is A2 Supplies of Reading. Oh and the batteries I must have swapped con man.

Hi Gasman, and welcome to the forum.

Regarding your post, paragraphing would be nice and it is off putting to read such a wall of text!

Its a shame to find any store, or community member ripping off new players. As there’s no quicker exit to a hobby than spending a ton of money, getting shafted, then backing out cutting your losses.

I would always emplore people buying kit, where possible, if there are problems take it straight back and don’t touch it. Shops will always try the get outs especially if they are passing on dodgy equipment. The only expception to the rule of course if you got it at a steal of a price, and regardless of any false advertisement doing it up would still be a steal.

It seems you have appropriate skills and knowledge to make the best of this bad situation which is luckier than some. So good luck hopefully you end up with a decent weapon and aren’t too out of pocket. I’ll bear that store in mind when I’m eying up future purchases!

Cheers

Rich

I’ve used A2 a lot and never had any problems. Always been really helpful too. Even charged batteries for me when I’ve needed them too

Very helpful staff, however have heard they can be dear. Never purchased anything except gas in all my visits though.

I did not do enough research on the gun which turns out I overpaid by £30 on new price.

now you see why I felt so conned.

The guy that made the sale to me was super pleasant and helpful it was the shop owner that is guilty of sharp practice very slick.

Turns out all the guns in stock seem to be on display out of their boxes at prices at least £20 pounds above everyone else.

Reading the OP's post..W0W..Cheaky b...

A friend of mine had issues but only relating to a gun,it failed and he was of the mind that it wasn't new.When he got it it was firing wildly hot,nearer 400fps.

They weren't overly helpful and when they downgraded it the very next day out it failed terribly,they tried to blame him at first!?! but eventually fixed it.

Kit,bb's,etc,seems fairly priced.

IMO some people shouldn't tech for the sake of a few ££ and the chance of a bad rep with in such a small/tight-knit community,I doubt these are airsofters TBH.

Saying that and reading the above to be fair £20-£30 above other shops ain't a big deal if you can get to see the guns prior to purchase.

I'll stick to Taiwan Guns and Firesupport...:D

Archived