A budget-friendly alternative to Haley Strategic? Helikon Training Mini Rig

Skara
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

https://www.google.it/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.helikon-tex.com/en_eur/kk-tmr-cd-training-mini-rig-tmr-cordura.html&ved=2ahUKEwjV2tjo3Z7ZAhVlKsAKHSo4AVMQFjALegQIDhAB&usg=AOvVaw3qXX1bgJVoCL82LjINx9lS

I was looking for something new on the market and I stumbled upon this thing.

It is pricy (€85 for plain colour, €94 for patterned ones) but it looks good!

By good I mean the quality seems nice, 1000D Cordura, YKK zippers.. Doesn't say anything about the plastic hardware but I guess they're not ITW to keep the price down..

Have you guys tried/seen/touched one?

I'm quite interested in getting one asap (multiglam of course or coyote, I want it to look dope on my a-tacs fg team camo)

• Supporters

As it from Helikon it’ll most definitely be good quality . Any thing gearwise they sell is made by direct action (which is a subsidiary of Helikon) a high end gear maker that makes kit that’s actually used by real world special forces .

• Supporters

A team mate has a fair bit of direct action gear and he loves it ! Only reason I’ve never got any was I picked up an absolute mountain of ‘ex-service’ ;) Blackhawk gear from a couple of squaddies at the NAE .

Pricey! That's a lot of kit for the money I think, not only do you get the base harness, it would appear you get a lot if not all of the pictures pouches with it...

That makes it vastly cheaper than this base harness only;

http://www.ur-tactical.com/index.php/component/virtuemart/view/category/virtuemart_category_id/1213

Take into account that the only pouch you can remove is the dangler, everything else is fixed.. (there's also the middle double m4 insert but that's velcro'd in so it doesn't count)..

That's a big no no if you want modularity.. But I guess modularity is old school now that a lot of manufacturers are going back to preset rigs..

• Root Admin

The best alternative to any kit buying (if you're looking for value) is never buying new. Airsofters just don't put their kit through the same paces that real stuff does, and you can easily save 40-60% off the RRP if you're willing to own something that's been worn sparingly for a couple of years.

You might have to be a little patient though as of course what you want isn't always available immediately.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Skara said:

Take into account that the only pouch you can remove is the dangler, everything else is fixed.. (there's also the middle double m4 insert but that's velcro'd in so it doesn't count)..

That's a big no no if you want modularity.. But I guess modularity is old school now that a lot of manufacturers are going back to preset rigs..

If you go to the direct action site they sell different centre inserts for different ‘tasks’ as well . 

So, I want to try things before buying them, especially if they're quite expensive..

Here's what I'm gonna do:

I'll take my mini mav and place pouches as close as I can to this rig configuration, and use it next Sunday..

If I like it, I'll order one in multiglam (found it here in Italy, I can get it for €100 shipped)..

On Thursday I'll post the mav config (I just miss a double pistol mag pouch but it doesn't really matter)..

@proffrinkproffrink I don't mind spending money on quality gear..

If you think about it, this rig is quite cheap for what you get, 1000D cordura in legit genuine multicam, designed by real steel shooters for real steel shooters..

If you take into account that a replica jpc can go anywhere between €50 to €100+ and we're talking about a freaking chinese low quality copy made with crap materials, this Helikon rig isn't expensive at all..

Tac tailor mav (the large one) here goes for €70+ and you only get the base platform without any pouch..

• Root Admin

The issue isn't the quality of the fabric, but the quality of the stitching. Helikon are good, but they are not the best.

I actually have the Tactical Tailor Mini Mav (also their 2-piece MAV) and yeh, it's been pretty great so far but then I'm not using it in as harsh as an environment as what it's meant for. If we're talking the difference between something that's going to last 20 years vs 15, then what does it matter really. I can't see the Helikon one being a problem.

I’ve been after something really simple but very hard to come across exactly what I need. 

Are there any light weight chest rig with a molle system back harness? Been struggling to find one. 

The front I want it to be exactly like this. 

(Sits mid chest) which is perfect. 

http://headontactical.storenvy.com/collections/126688-all-products/products/4522963-6-pack-kriss-rig-bungee

But I’d like to have a molle plate back harness instead of the stand cross straps that you can see on the above link. 

Also, i’d Like the magazines pouches to have built in molle system on the front so I am enable to attach what ever I want. 

#thestruggleisreal. Does anyone know of a custom designer?

a few link would help 

thanks in advance. 

Dis thread hijack doe xD

I think you can attach a EI back panel to pretty much every chest rig that has buckles..

Didn’t mean to hijack lol I was just on a Mission to find the perfect mini chest rig (for my kriss setup) and came across this thread and thought maybe someone could help 

;)

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Nasro said:

Didn’t mean to hijack lol I was just on a Mission to find the perfect mini chest rig (for my kriss setup) and came across this thread and thought maybe someone could help 

;)

Have a look at direct action’s site mite find somthing to fit your needs .

Little update: it seems that Helikon/Direct Action only made a small amount of rigs and that the next restock will be on June-ish..

I already gave up on plain colours and even multiglam is out of stock now..

I'm left with black, grey, pencott camos and a-tacs iX, I'll probably go for this one, since it's supposed to be worn with other a-tacs variants.. My team camo is a-tacs fg so it'll look great anyway, and being the a-tacs "multicam" I can wear it over whatever camo/clothing and not look like a scrub :)

The only alternative is to get one on eBay from Germany, but that's a lot more expensive than here in Italy and on top of that there's a shipping cost of €20..

Yesterday I had the chance to see a few ones in OD/Coyote and i gotta be honest, the rig is really well made..

I guess I'll put pressure on my roommate to pay the rent asap ;)

Another update:

Just ordered it in a-tacs iX, delivery should be tomorrow within lunch time..

Will write a review on next week

Well, next restock will be by June apparently..

But I couldn't just wait 3 months to get one.

Turned out a-tacs iX isn't that bad after all :D

P_20180222_102912_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg

Fun fact: I was asked for a delivery period, I chose from 10 am to noon, at 10:01am the courier knocked the door lol

• Moderators
On 22/02/2018 at 1:54 PM, Skara said:

Well, next restock will be by June apparently..

But I couldn't just wait 3 months to get one.

Turned out a-tacs iX isn't that bad after all :D

Fun fact: I was asked for a delivery period, I chose from 10 am to noon, at 10:01am the courier knocked the door lol

does look nice in Atacs-IX.... :D

got a Helikon catalogue a while back with this in, and thought....yeah nice now can you get it in AtacsAU....:lol:.....have issues with Helikon coyote as it seems to vary in shades for some reason :rolleyes:

It does!

I'm surprised because I thought it was going to look horrible, but it actually stands out over a-tacs fg (team camo, the one we wear for tournaments) and makes a nice "disruptive" effect with the shades, tones and the lack of edges in the pattern..

If it works well I may even get a set of a-tacs AU to pair with it..

iX is meant to be a mix of both AU and FG patterns..

• Moderators

yeah a nice blend of colours.....then you have their X range coming soon!

Atacs Ghost is nice...can see Jedi going full hog in that!:D

Archived