LA85 A2 Carbine

kasaran
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

anyone got much experience with one of these, looking at the G&G or ICS versions.  i heard the ICS has propriety parts making fixes and upgrades hard?  also the GBB on the G&G, will still fire if i dont put in gas to avoid making that much noise?

• Supporters

I love the ICS L85. Shot great straight out of the box and was a blast to play with. Can't compare to the G&G as I've never played with one but I imagine it would be on par with the ICS. 

It's the type of gun you don't really need to upgrade. 

34 minutes ago, Gepard said:

I love the ICS L85. Shot great straight out of the box and was a blast to play with. Can't compare to the G&G as I've never played with one but I imagine it would be on par with the ICS. 

It's the type of gun you don't really need to upgrade. 

What mags does it take? Same as the ics m4?

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, kasaran said:

What mags does it take? Same as the ics m4?

Standard m4 mags. Lots of variety and styles to pick from. It's an AEG, not GBBR in case you were confused so no gas needed.  

13 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Standard m4 mags. Lots of variety and styles to pick from. It's an AEG, not GBBR in case you were confused so no gas needed.  

Yeah the G and G was a gbb one.  But thats not a thing that im particulary after. Want something thats not an m4 and has decent range etc out of the box

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, kasaran said:

Yeah the G and G was a gbb one.  But thats not a thing that im particulary after. Want something thats not an m4 and has decent range etc out of the box

Then if you're after an L85 the ICS will fit you perfectly. AEG, good range and accuracy, bullpup design with a long inner barrel, takes m4 mags.. 

13 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Then if you're after an L85 the ICS will fit you perfectly. AEG, good range and accuracy, bullpup design with a long inner barrel, takes m4 mags.. 

You tried the  carbine or normal? Also rails? Is there one under the handle/sight. Id probably put a red dot acog style. Im not paying 120 for a susat 

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, kasaran said:

You tried the  carbine or normal? Also rails? Is there one under the handle/sight. Id probably put a red dot acog style. Im not paying 120 for a susat 

I owned the A2 variant. You can remove the carry handle and mount your own sights. 

• Supporters

I have the G&G L85A2. It’s electric. I have the DD rail for mounting bits on as you suggest your after. I also have the SUSAT for it. It takes normal STANAG M4 mags. It fires accurately to 50 meters( even though my FPS dropped due to a torn bucking down to 251).

No experience with the ICS one, but consensus seems to say they are better than the G&g. 

Your best bet would be to go a shop and try both and see what you think.

11 minutes ago, Prisce said:

I have the G&G L85A2. It’s electric. I have the DD rail for mounting bits on as you suggest your after. I also have the SUSAT for it. It takes normal STANAG M4 mags. It fires accurately to 50 meters( even though my FPS dropped due to a torn bucking down to 251).

No experience with the ICS one, but consensus seems to say they are better than the G&g. 

Your best bet would be to go a shop and try both and see what you think.

Fair enough. My local shop sell the ics. But they dont have a range to try em out. I dunno where in cambridgeshire has a range and guns you can try.

• Supporters

Possibly worth a travel down to Combat UK in Stevenage, ring them up first make sure they have them in stock. 

I would suggest buying elsewhere as they are expensive, but they are very good retailers( won best retailer last year), the guys in there know there stuff. They have a 10m range( nothing huge) but you can see which of the pair you prefer.

• Supporters

Have both , the ICS A2 and a G&G AFV . The gas one your thinking of is made by WE .

there both cracking guns my ICS has a DD rail bipod foregrip and either a goose neck mount with an ACOG and dr or SUSAT depending on what mood I’m in ! 

The G&G has really good range on it for such a short gun (gotta love bull pups) , the ‘recoil’ if you can call it that is non existent for feel but it does make a satisfying noise and it puts a smile on your face seeing the cocking handle flying back and fourth (if you don’t want the recoil it’s dead easy to disable) and the real bonus with the AFV is it comes with the SUSAT as standard ! Saved me £110 ! Result . 

Archived