After rain care

P13
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I played ground zero yesterday, and it rained all day. 

Ive dried out all my kit, and stripped down the guns to make sure no excess water anywhere. 

But...

Is there anything else I should be doing to keep the gun tip top after wet weather play? 

If they were properly saturated I would disassemble as far as is easily done, dry off / blow out with compressed air if you have it.

Then put all parts / guns in the airing cupboard, especially important for guns containing electrics.

GBB stuff: no harm in doing the same as above but also wipe over all parts with gun oil / silicone where required.

I make good use of black PVC tape if I'm taking my M4 out in the rain to seal up the gaps and make it (somewhat) water resistant, then put it in the airing cupboard afterwards for a day.

As for my gas pistols, they get the most use on wet days, and I strip them all apart and basically give them a good clean through after every game anyway.

I read some tips elsewhere that stated as long as you don't hold the rifle upside down, where water can get into the trigger gap, then the RIFs themselves are pretty safe. Obviously dry them off as soon as you get home as described above, but otherwise the units themselves are pretty well sealed and if you have rear wired, the connections are hidden deep in the stock for the battery so well covered too.

Archived