My new Platatac kit

Dentonboy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Pretty damn rare Platatac UKSF Afghan NDS advisor kit: smock, CUTs and pants. Apparently issued to the SRR when they were working with the NDS. 

Bought over from Oz, only taken out of original bags for pictures. 

Am torn whether to use, keep nice or sell. 

However, apologies for the bed throw!!! 

IMG_20180210_192317.jpg

IMG_20180210_192325.jpg

IMG_20180210_192406.jpg

IMG_20180210_192336.jpg

Looks nice, is it possible to pick these up from any supplier or did you just get lucky on ebay or something? I like to pick up random sets of uniform here and there...

1 hour ago, Solar said:

Looks nice, is it possible to pick these up from any supplier or did you just get lucky on ebay or something? I like to pick up random sets of uniform here and there...

First saw the pattern at Belting in about 2016, ummm'd and arrr'd and bought it: a CUTs shirt, for £75...researched and saw how rare it was, and managed to sell to a guy in the USA for about $320. 

Great profit but was gutted as it was just so cool and unusual. So have been keeping an eye out ever since. 

Saw these on eBay Australia a few weeks ago, had been relisted several times and there was one hour left, so I pulled the trigger. 

No idea how much they are worth, I saw the shirt and trousers sell for £500 in Japan in 2015 or so. 

• Supporters

Looks good. You'd certainly stand out from all the mtp, multicam and woodland camo we typically see on the field. Little pricey though. 

• Supporters

I’d keep as well . 

37 minutes ago, scalawag said:

That looks sweet.  I would definitely keep that.

I may well do, very unlikely to find it again, let alone still in bag... 

Cheers. 

Duvet very much Mrs Dentonboy's style... She loves her Ikea/Cath Kidston stuff... 

Yeah, I agree to keeping it... Main question is, to use or not to use... Am erring on the side of leaving it all immaculate... 

43 minutes ago, trojanhorse said:

I like the duvet! I assume it is good quality? I was looking at some AUSCAM on ebay.

Love Auscam stuff. Go for Platatac made if you can. Some nice desert sets on there for less than £100.

• Supporters

It's a sweet set, I'd buy them rapid if they were only in my size.  I found a pair of segments cut from a set of the same trousers in a cardboard box inside a rarely-used ISO in Afghan.  Just the parts from around the knee pad pockets and below, so somebody somewhere has a set they've made in to shorts.  Random-est thing I've probably ever found in my life.

Personally I'd do the same as I do with any rare camo, I'd keep it and use it a couple of times.  It'll look no different after a 1 or 2 uses/hand washes.

Do what girls do, wear it only for photoshoot and then wrap it up again and store it. Maybe pass it on to the kids, and let them pass it on to theirs...

Too nice to go HAM on the field. I’d be gutted if they get damaged. Good luck finding another pair. 

Archived