Newbie gun reassembly

Lnerjp
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All

Just stripped down my son's J&G MP5 and fitted a Gate Titan V2 mosfet and all I can say is wow, the trigger response is phenomenal. However upon reassembly the range has gone down to about 25ft, if I adjust the hop up it will shoot between 25ft and down to not at all, am I right in thinking the bucking is the problem and need to replace it?

Help and advice please.

Cheers

J.P.

Hi mate,

Very jealous, i actually had the cash for a gate a while ago, but brought some other kit like pouches and battle belt etc which tbh i didnt need. With the thinking why upgrade my new gun so early. But im regretting it!

Anyway regarding your problem, if it was shooting above 25ft before strip down? Presumably you didnt disturb/touch the barrel/bucking/hop up assembly to install a gate? So shouldnt be the problem, maybe somethings not quite right with compression components, rolled/pinched seal/o-ring perhaps? Or the nozzle to hop up interaction isnt right after reassembly?

Im not a super tech like some on here, but i have had a similar thing to you when i had fitted a replacement busking which was way too tight between barrel and hop, even with plenty of lube...

Fixed:D Didn't attach the Tappet Plate to the Air Nozzle correctly.

It is now a stock J&G MP5 apart from I shimmed the gearbox, the Titan and a 7.4 Lipo, and the trigger response is superb. Anyone thinking of getting one of these, I highly recommend them, installation is simple if your happy stripping a gearbox down. 

J.P.

Archived