CQB sites and automatic fire?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

9 minutes ago, scalawag said:

I think this is the most sensible and reasonable post I have seen to date that relates to "people not taking hits" or "people missing hits" or "people thinking they have hit someone when they have not".  

How much different airsoft would be if everyone approached it from such a balanced and reasonable point of view, and not just an assumption that "because I think it happened , I must be right!"

I think having worked as a marshal for a good few years now certainly makes you think about the way you play or the way you perceive yourself to play.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/02/2018 at 2:07 PM, emilianoksa said:

Is fully automatic fire always forbidden in CQB in the UK?

No, its just for safety, you wouldn't wanna be sprayed by a G&P Rapid-fire at point-blank.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, adengtg said:

No, its just for safety, you wouldn't wanna be sprayed by a G&P Rapid-fire at point-blank.

Been there, done that. Sucked.

Back on topic of full auto in CQB, Personally I see no need for it. If your that close and you need more than two or three rounds to hit a target then your clearly in the wrong game. I know at the UCAP bunker they allow full auto and have seen many discussions on it with a lot of people saying if you cant hack full auto in CQB then you must be pussy and you need to find your safe space... personally I don't really see what fun comes from spraying people all day till everyone goes home looking like they have chicken pocks. Some of the best games I've ever played have been when I've come home firing less than one mag all day! I can see why site operators do full auto from a business point of view - more ammo fired = more people buying stock. I understand some people enjoy blasting their mates for hours on end going through mags and mags of ammo but definitely not my thing! I think from experience of sites I've played at The Gaol in Oakham has the best rules and the best site for CQB that I've ever played! it has a mix of both full auto and CQB but its where the use of those types of fire are implemented that make it better than anything else, I hear The Mall is similar but have yet to play there so cant comment.

Some cases, I get with random people in my team where amongst themselves (when they’ve been hit) I over hear that “it’s long going all the way back to respawn” so they jump back in the game halfway and pursui from a different direction...

Lol

Archived