Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior... Belt?

Skara
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

Here's the deal, I'm looking for a belt.

No, not a regular leather belt..

Not even a big fat molle battle belt, I already have one..

I've looked up to the already existing threads but none of them has answered my question..

I'm not really sure what I am looking for, actually, that's why I'm here asking :P

I would like to have a means of carrying a few pieces of kit that are "universal" to my loadouts, namely a m4 mag, a first aid kit, a multitool and a dump pouch..

All these pouches must stay in place, I don't want things to slide around resulting in me always looking for that mag when reloading instead of building up muscle memory..

In addition to that I'd like to have the possibility to quickly take on and off a utility pouch according to my needs (it's meant to carry my electric mag, which may be replaced by a holster or other pouches)

I don't want to use a padded battle belt for that, the one I have is a standalone unit that I use for late spring/early summer games and after testing I found it's too bulky to use in conjunction with either my jpc or my mini mav + backpack kits..

I am kinda oriented towards some sort of rigger belt or one of those 2 piece belts that connect with Velcro..

Any suggestion?

Oh, I'm also on a quite tight budget, I handed my gun to the tech because I broke it last Sunday..

I use a warrior battle belt, has lasted a while, sounds like what you are after. uses MOLLE and it can also attach harness if it gets too heavy, you can get them from UK tactical

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I have several LC-1 Pistol belts (ghostbuster suits innit) and they are both cheap and fantastic.

They're large enough to take the weight of magazines etc, but low profile enough to not really be noticeable when worn.

http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/details/tactical-belts/tyr-tactical-gunfighter-belt/

I may be after something like this, but cheaper..

Or I may go for a standard rigger belt like this https://m.ebay.com/itm/TMC-Multicam-Tactical-Adjustable-1-75-Rigger-Belt-Buckle-for-Paintball-airsoft-/131556900355?_mwBanner=1

But I'm not sure how I can get the pouches to stay in pace and not slide around..

I know I can thread them onto my trousers but having quite a few different sets of camo and stuff it's quite annoying to do it every time I play (every week basically)..

As I wrote I already have a battle belt but it's bulky compared to what I'm looking for.

• Supporters

FRV Tailoring do the Tyr style in the UK.

Can always just use a plain rigger/duty belt and then some decent quality tape to keep things in place if you want the budget option.  The green fabric tape people like to call 'sniper' is great for any application along those lines.  Definitely wouldn't recommend that TMC belt when you can get like Warrior, Tac Tailor or HSGI in the UK for £15-25 from UK Tac or Tac-Kit.

I have an LC-2 belt that I use for my Black Hawk Down loadout that works like a dream! MOLLE weaving is just right, though there is a bit of slide, if you make the MOLLE "loop" as small as you can, I'm sure it'll stay secure. (Which I've done for my pistol pouches) Easy to adjust, put on and off and for dirt cheap. As you can see, theres enough for space for a double pistol pouch, two TACO style pouches, dump pouch, water canteen and general purpose pouch!27901176_10213607756800999_1340816554_o.thumb.jpg.ca0f7b4c1aea6a48e355115d59bca40c.jpg27846621_10213607757761023_1647204319_o.thumb.jpg.7668b994388b042a0ed05ed949d34b27.jpg

Guest scalawag
6 hours ago, TypeSaber said:

I have an LC-2 belt that I use for my Black Hawk Down loadout that works like a dream! MOLLE weaving is just right, though there is a bit of slide, if you make the MOLLE "loop" as small as you can, I'm sure it'll stay secure. (Which I've done for my pistol pouches) Easy to adjust, put on and off and for dirt cheap. As you can see, theres enough for space for a double pistol pouch, two TACO style pouches, dump pouch, water canteen and general purpose pouch!27901176_10213607756800999_1340816554_o.thumb.jpg.ca0f7b4c1aea6a48e355115d59bca40c.jpg27846621_10213607757761023_1647204319_o.thumb.jpg.7668b994388b042a0ed05ed949d34b27.jpg

You could also get some of the ALICE belt clips like the ones on the canteen pouch in these pics and where you can, weave them through the MOLLE on the backs of the pouches.  That should keep everything reasonably in place too, and nice and easy to drop or swap out a pouch if you want to as well.  They do only work well with a 2" belt though as that is what they are designed for, on thinner belts they can twist in place.

As CKinnerly mentioned though the most usual fix would be to find a belt and kit combo that you like and once you have everything where you want it on the belt tape it in place with sniper tape or similar, you can have pretty much any combo you want then and the pouches will never move or twist on you.

That'd be an option!

What's the difference between that and the claw gear one? (I can get the claw gear belt for around 80€ here which is roughly £68/70)

36 minutes ago, Skara said:

That'd be an option!

What's the difference between that and the claw gear one? (I can get the claw gear belt for around 80€ here which is roughly £68/70)

€80 and budget don’t compute to me

A standard Army style belt, at approx 50mm will do the job.

Such as. 58 pattern belt which has rivets around it and pin holes to accept and secure a range of pouches, and can also take MOLLE / ALICE pouches.

They can be bought for as little as £5 or around £10 / £15

46 minutes ago, Skara said:

That'd be an option!

Having not seen the clawgear one I cant comment but the OPS one I linked is very similar to the FRV/TYR/RONIN TACTICS belt quick youtube of the latter two will give you an idea.

While on the subject of belts I brought the tmc riggers belt to mount my dump pouch and paddle holster on too

But it  just in comftable to run my pistol holster where I want to on it. So this k I'm gonna have to run a  battle belt if I want to run my pistol.  I had one before and  it  was to Wide (viper one) and all it did  turn on the main belt. So be after a fairly stiff narrow one.

As id need it to   mount a radio pouch

Dump pouch  pistol holster  couple of m4  fast mags.  Maybe a rubber knife and pouch for thunder flashes  as I only play cqb.  So just a couple of row of molle should be ok for what I need 

Any suggestions. Prefer  to spend less then 40-50

• Head Moderator
15 minutes ago, Shaun Haynes said:

While on the subject of belts I brought the tmc riggers belt to mount my dump pouch and paddle holster on too

Instead of hi-jacking this topic, just create your own one which is specific to your needs. 

Lol, the hijack is real!

Np Shaun, I think you should get a battle belt if you're going to attach all that stuff.. I have an invader gear one, good quality for the price.. I replaced the inner belt with a Helikon one with the cobra buckle.. It works great but you need to have it filled with pouches otherwise it's gonna slightly crawl up your belly as you move :P

Back on my topic:

Haven't found anything suitable yet..

One of my local shops had a couple of belts but they were low quality and not my size (one was a tad shorter, the other was huuuuuuge)..

The quest continues..

On 11/02/2018 at 8:54 PM, Skara said:

Lol, the hijack is real!

Np Shaun, I think you should get a battle belt if you're going to attach all that stuff.. I have an invader gear one, good quality for the price.. I replaced the inner belt with a Helikon one with the cobra buckle.. It works great but you need to have it filled with pouches otherwise it's gonna slightly crawl up your belly as you move :P

Back on my topic:

Haven't found anything suitable yet..

One of my local shops had a couple of belts but they were low quality and not my size (one was a tad shorter, the other was huuuuuuge)..

The quest continues..

Absolute  mine field I swear 

On 2/7/2018 at 8:57 AM, clumpyedge said:

I run one of these...

Cheaper than some of the homemade guys in the UK and low profile. Love a bit of laser cut as well!

https://www.hueys.co.uk/epages/es151784.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es151784/Products/"OPS Dring Cobra Warrior RG"

Id go with this... 

In fact im likely to add this to my wants list as its low profile enough and I have managed to strip back what I take out so much that I can get all my gear for the day on there.

@Skara I was like you when I started out, I wanted to run different colours for where I was playing, ended up duplicating almost all my gear in green and black. Now I just use one belt/thigh rig combo for woodland and indoor as it got expensive and/or annoying swapping for each game day. So maybe just buy 1 decent solution and use that for all your games?

I pay attention not to duplicate gear, so far I only have 2 pouches in 2 different colors, just because they're placed in 2 completely different rigs..

As I stated on my OP (and I'm sorry if I didn't) I want this belt to be universal for all my kits (apart from my hardcore summer belt kit, that'd be a beltception).. I live in Italy, the OPS belt costs the same (if not more with shipping) as the claw gear one I can get here, but the price tag is holding me back for now..

I guess I'll have to save some money :P

After trying various options and not wanting to spend a fortune I got a police belt, it’s Velcro backed with a Velcro inner belt. You put the inner belt through your belt loops then the belt with attachments over this. The attachments can’t move  and your belt and gear stay in place, about £10 at Police supply stores. I run my pistol/ serpa low ride Holster on mine and a dump pouch.

48 minutes ago, corp said:

After trying various options and not wanting to spend a fortune I got a police belt, it’s Velcro backed with a Velcro inner belt. You put the inner belt through your belt loops then the belt with attachments over this. The attachments can’t move  and your belt and gear stay in place, about £10 at Police supply stores. I run my pistol/ serpa low ride Holster on mine and a dump pouch.

Do you know or remember the brand/model?

• Root Admin
On 2/6/2018 at 9:11 PM, CKinnerley said:

FRV Tailoring do the Tyr style in the UK.

Can always just use a plain rigger/duty belt and then some decent quality tape to keep things in place if you want the budget option.  The green fabric tape people like to call 'sniper' is great for any application along those lines.  Definitely wouldn't recommend that TMC belt when you can get like Warrior, Tac Tailor or HSGI in the UK for £15-25 from UK Tac or Tac-Kit.

This. Those belts are absolutely excellent.

https://frv-tailoring.myshopify.com/collections/shooters-belt

• 4 weeks later...

Damn it, I just got myself the Helikon security belt a month ago and now this comes out! - Don't get me wrong it's amazing but still, that looks so nice.

Archived