Help me spend my money wisely...... On a gas rifle (Maybe!)

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 minute ago, Wo1f said:

Best decision you’ll ever make. Was camp raids cheapest for mags?

Lol - thank you :D Just hope they still have them when the email confirming my site membership goes through.
They've not got any mags in for either, but was cheapest for the pair of guns.
Not sure where to get the mags.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They’ve gone up in price. I got mine from surplus store for £430 and £35 for mags. Me and Dave need to stop going on about them in the hopes they drop in price lol. 

Fire-support have mags for about £44 I believe 

So whilst sat here, I've been trying to sort out ordering from somewhere and finally have managed it.
One MWS ordered from CAMO and two mags ordered from Zero One.
I've had to forgo the Mk23 for the moment - I figure I'll ask for that from the kids for my b'day :D

Hopefully we should be out of here in time for me to skirmish with it next Sunday........

Hope you got your money back on your previous GBBR. 

Good call... 

... Just taken you four pages to get there. 

1 hour ago, Dentonboy said:

Hope you got your money back on your previous GBBR. 

Good call... 

... Just taken you four pages to get there. 

He saw the light in the end.. that’s all that matters lol

Bone stock MWS 0.28, 0.30 at most, you'll struggle to hop more than that properly without a nub change.

Make sure to get high quality BBs as GBB can be quite brutal on feeding :)

Im excited for you!

I hope you like it after all our raving lol!!

1 minute ago, Davegolf said:

Bone stock MWS 0.28, 0.30 at most, you'll struggle to hop more than that properly without a nub change.

Im excited for you!

I hope you like it after all our raving lol!!

Fingers crossed! 

Any particular brand?

I use Geoff’s in mine. They’re a little pricey, but with 30 round mags they go a long way. 

Id go with .28 to start and use the gun standard. That way you’ve got a good idea of what it’s capable of stock. 

Id recommend the ‘super sprint’ brass nub as I like to call it ;)

8 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I use Geoff’s in mine. They’re a little pricey, but with 30 round mags they go a long way. 

No pun intended :D

Ive been very happy with Geoff's performance but more over the availability of them, readily available on the 'Bay without the insane delivery costs of some airsoft retailers.

1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

Wasn't that custom made for you?
Thanks, I'll check Geoff's out :D

It was. By the man below you ;)

Took the MWS for a spin today.
Thank you to all of you who suggested it!
It's most excellent, with the potential to be AWESOME!
Struggled a bit with the cold, but aside from that I was very impressed.

Chrono at the start of the day was 264 with .28s.
I was very happy with the range. And the accuracy!

And pulling the trigger made me smile - every single time. :D
I'm very much looking forward to our next outing.

I knew you’d like it. It should never let you down. When you run out of gas, try the nuprol 2.0 or some propane. Mine didn’t like the ultrair and I know of a few others that have said the same. 

Range and accuracy on them are great. If I were you, I’d change the externals to your own taste and leave the internals standard. If you’ve got more adjustment to go on the hop, after you’ve used all of your .28’s get some .3’s and turn the hop up a notch. Should get a touch more accuracy and range. .3 is around the limit for a stock nub because it’s hollow. 

lol youre going around in circles,

I have had a GHK G5 and many people praise them. Personally for me it was utter crap, it had no accuracy and kept jamming, maybe I was just rubbish with it but I really hated it. I think GBBR's are super cool to shoot and workon and generally marvel at...; but to actually play with are just awful, because they keep jamming you can only run 30rnd mags and very fluctuating accuracy (thats my opinion). Really any high end AEG is what you want if you want to actually play the game of airfsoft.... and be somewhat useful to your team. 

The best are the TM recoil shock guns.... and then anything g&g, ics is going to be pretty good also. I have never used any Krytac or Ares or ASG ect.. so cant comment.

6 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I knew you’d like it. It should never let you down. When you run out of gas, try the nuprol 2.0 or some propane. Mine didn’t like the ultrair and I know of a few others that have said the same.

It's so much fun to use - and quite a few people asked about it. Including one chap stood next to me, who when I opened up on someone, exclaimed - "what the f**k is that?!?".
I'll check out the 2.0 - Do I need to do anything to it to run on that, or is it good to go as is?

What's best to do in terms of maintenance post game?

I had a recoil shock scar H. After I bought a mws It never got used again. It’s never jammed or anything like that. Sure it has 35 round mags, but I don’t spray people with a high cap because I can play properly ;)

dont need to alter anything to run nuprol 2.0. It’s just standard green gas. What I do is run propane, which is green gas without the silicone oil and lubricate the gun myself. Green gas is easier as it essentially lubricates the gun as you fire it, but you will over time get silicone oil in the hop up, so you need to keep it clean. 

I use Wurth dry ptfe spray for the moving metal on metal parts. After the game, pop the rear pin and take the bolt/charging handle out. Wipe them down with some kitchen roll and then spray them. I also clean the inside of the upper and give the grove that the charging handle runs in a quick spray with lube. A drop of silicone oil on the piston skirt every couple of games wouldn’t go a miss either. 

I rather enjoy stripping and cleaning a gas gun lol 

11 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Guys, stop! You're making me want one! :lol:

I haven't had mine very long, but so far I can say:

• It lasted longer than my G5
  • The magazines are cheaper than the G5 by about a tenner and more readily available
  • The MWS is considerably more accurate, with greater range than both the G5 and my defender pioneer
  • The mags are a ballache to fill
  • Gas pees out everywhere when filling
  • Limited to 35 round mags, however
  • Every single shot, hit or miss puts a smile on your face.....

Hahah! Well it didnt need to do much to last longer than your G5!

The mags are slow to load for sure, its the biggest downer for me, i feel the BBs get a rough time going in and out of the mag!

TM mags are a cinch to gas up, if you have the nozzle square to the fill valve it just goes in, expelled air gets purged back out and when your full you get a little bot of liquid to tell you to stop filling.

2 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Guys, stop! You're making me want one! :lol:

Best thing you’ll ever do ;)

the easiest way of deciding is this..

can you play effectively with 35 round mags? 

YES? Buy an mws and get the best performing OTB gun money can buy. 

NO? Buy a TM recoil. Pretty much as good as an OTB AEG can get. 

Archived