Help me spend my money wisely...... On a gas rifle (Maybe!)

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to Patrolbase to see what they had.
No TMs no Krytacs (other than the vector). So I had a play with the ARP-9 and the Scorpion Evo.
They were both nice to shoot - and funnily enough, way better than my defender!
But I couldn't choose between them. 
So I didn't buy either of them.
And bought a nice WE Glock 18C instead :D

I'm not 100% sure, which is why I delayed.
I liked the ARP9 - it felt very mobile and the trigger response was awesome. I hated its bark though.
I liked the evo - again, excellent trigger response, loved the sound. Hated the ambi fire selector though.
Both were light years ahead of what I have.
BUT I think the problem was that I wanted to try a TM and Krytac - and couldn't. 
So I decided to get a pistol, because I can use it as a CQB weapon and then out in the field as a secondary.
And it sated my need for something new, whilst not seriously denting the bank balance.

On 07/02/2018 at 14:46, Wo1f said:

How the hell have we gone from a TM recoil to an arp9? Lol

I suppose because they didn't have any TMs (except an AK).
And ultimately, I think that's why I didn't get one.
I need to find somewhere I can try out the 416/SCAR/LVOA. But I can't find anywhere that has them all in stock - let alone somewhere that has them that's near(ish) to me.

On 07/02/2018 at 14:46, Wo1f said:

How the hell have we gone from a TM recoil to an arp9? Lol

Something clearly went wrong, waste of my mobile data!

Nearly all RIFs sound pants dry fired unless gas, decent AEGs do sound much sweeter than the inferior ones when fired loaded.

All the same not the best thing to base a decision off lol!

It’s like asking if I should buy a Ferrari or a Lamborghini and then buying a Citroen lol. 

In my defence, I still need a better car. And in your example, a fiat or Citroen would be better than the current Lada I have. 

I was looking at them as a stopgap. But that’s ultimately why I didn’t get either. 

I just need to find somewhere that’s not a million miles away that has them so I can try them out, 

Possible total change of direction.......
I'm after some Gas gun advice.
I love my pistol, which is gas. I love the realism it adds.
Which got me thinking about getting a gas rifle - but that's obviously a lot more money.
So - what are the good brands for GBBRs out there?
And what are the good rifles? I want something that's going to last and take abuse when used (but not lots of TLC at home!) Decent range and accuracy would be nice.
I've read so much conflicting stuff that my head is spinning.

Team mws can continue preaching! Haha. 

If you want an m4, the TM mws is the best. 

If you want an AK the GHK AK’s are the best

if you want a scar, I can only recommend the H from WE not the L. WE m4 mags are crap. 

If you want a g36, again the WE is good.

absolute performance, the MWS is king. Just depends on if you want an m4 or not.  

#TeamTMMWS

Get one. 

And practice grinning before it arrives...

...As your muscles will need the practice for when you have your first game with it. 

5 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

#TeamTMMWS

Get one. 

...As your muscles will need the practice for when you have your first game with it. 

More! Tell me more! Why? Aside from magic....... :D
I'm guessing they're under 300fps? What's the accurate range like with them?
Why the MWS over any other TM GBBR?
A couple of other chaps have asked me why I don't just get a TM EBB - and the honest answer is, I don't know!

The MWS is essentially the same platform as all the TM GBBR range... So far. 

I had mine in the summer shoot at almost 390fps so it is weather and gas reliant, it is by no means underpowered. 

It is consistent, accurate, fantastically fun to shoot and is stunningly finished. 

I fired a TM SCAR H ebb which changed my mindset on AEGs. The MWS is a step up on that experience. 

Plus, it will hold its value if not for you. 

I have not used an AEG in over a year since buying mine and it has run in all weather's. 

16 hours ago, Dentonboy said:

#TeamTMMWS

Get one. 

The other question I should have asked was:
Why the TM M4 over the GHK ?

TM magic pixie dust. 

But seriously, because I think it is better, and others on here agree, and others disagree. Each to their own. 

GHK is the only other m4 platform worth considering. Range and accuracy is not on par with the TM, and when it comes to airsoft guns, how far it will shoot accurately is the main criteria (at least for me). 

I know I probably sound like a TM fanboy, so I’ll play devils advocate here. The GHK is very efficient in terms of gas consumption and has more options of magazine. They have green gas and CO2 mags. The parts look realistic and are very strong. While not as refined as the MWS, you’ll have to do something stupid to break one. They feel nice and have a good kick. Also... and not really related to performance.. I love building them. If someone let me build GHK m4’s all day I’d be so happy. 

MWS> GHK m4> McDonald’s straw> we m4. 

WE do make good guns, but the m4 isn’t one of them. 

A gas VFC? I’ve never owned one but I’m under the impression that externally they are beautiful, but aren’t gas gas efficient. If you want a gas m4 I can only recommend the mws and the GHK. 

If youre referring to the electric then the TM recoil 416/417 are superior in performance to the VFC. Again, I’ve never owned one, but I’ve heard the VFC hop is not the best

My brother is selling his vfc 416 with 6-7 mags... 

Gorgeous but not as consistent as my MWS. 

Archived