Army Armaments R85 Battery Question

DCC
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have recently purchased an R85 second hand, and the last owner used a 11.1v 2400mAh battery, this has a much higher voltage than the regular battery and I was just wondering what are the effects that this would have on it?

He said this:

"This is the first gun i bought a few years back, have only really made it work for me this last 6 months, 2 years before that was spent trying to re-engineer the rest of the gun to handle 11.1v Li-Po power. Latest piston and motor are awesome! Unless you go around emptying clip after clip you will not break either, if you're an idiot then probably the main cog on the motor will eventually give up (not the piston or gearbox).

Gearbox rebuilt, reshimmed, HurricanE Aluminium Piston - Full Teeth, After-market branded motor"

What do you think, is this a recipe for disaster, or is it feasible?

Thanks for your help.

David

• AF-UK Founding Member

Sounds all right but obviously can't properly vouch for it through a description like that.

Only complaint would be that it seems like it has been built up so much that if it were to go, then it might be a lot of things breaking. It can often be a wise idea to leave a slightly weaker point that will go first instead of destroying the lot. Quite a lot of people recommend keeping a non-metal piston for this reason. They're cheap and relatively easy to replace.

Archived