Rails and Stocks on two tone guns

DanielRobinson04
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so to make it a non two tone gun? if so then you'd need a defence I believe (UKARA or site membership) If you have said of either defence then its not an issue. if not then id not recommend it till you do get a defence.

2 hours ago, DanielRobinson04 said:

Hi i bought a ASG M15 Operator and i was wondering if i could get a non two tone rail or stock to put on a two tone gun is that allowed

Many Thanks.

If you’re fitting a rail to a two tone gun then that’s not really modifying the >50% two tone coverage of the gun, so that would be ok

If you’re replacing two tone parts, such as a shroud, body, stock and reducing below 50% then you are modifying an IF into a RIF, which you would need a defence under the VCRA

UKARA is one defence, but doing so for the purposes of playing airsoft skirmishes on sites with public liability insurance is a defence in itself 

You would be in the same grey area of the law as repainting a two tone IF into a RIF 

If you remain responsible and don’t do anything stupid then no one will notice and nothing will happen

Yes, you can fit not two tone parts no problem, but you need to make sure that you still leave more than 50% of the gun in a bright colour after they’re fitted. 

• Supporters
On 04/02/2018 at 11:32 PM, Tommikka said:

UKARA is one defence, but doing so for the purposes of playing airsoft skirmishes on sites with public liability insurance is a defence in itself 

Argh, right in the pedantries.  Having a UKARA number is not in itself a defence to anything.  However, it is one way (probably the best way) of demonstrating the defence that converting an IF into a RIF was done for the purpose of playing airsoft skirmishes on sites with public liability insurance.

Other than that, I agree. ;)

On 04/02/2018 at 11:32 PM, Tommikka said:

If you remain responsible and don’t do anything stupid then no one will notice and nothing will happen

Fully agree.  And if you do something stupid with a RIF then the act of converting is is likely to be the least of your concerns.

Archived