New players in Reading

JayMK2
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

37 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

As for meet ups there has already been 3 and just remembering the headache gives me a new one.

Well... you're the one touting Sundays as the best days to see the Full Metal Jackasses so.... :D

I'm totally up for a Sunday sometime in March, let's keep it casual so Triggers skin doesn't up and crawl away and die! ;)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
37 minutes ago, Duff said:

Well... you're the one touting Sundays as the best days to see the Full Metal Jackasses so.... :D

I'm totally up for a Sunday sometime in March, let's keep it casual so Triggers skin doesn't up and crawl away and die! ;)

It is ok I will just make sure you lot are on the opposite team and then the only conversation will be you calling hit :D

and me sniggering as I go looking for the next victimB):ph34r:

2 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

As for meet ups there has already been 3 and just remembering the headache gives me a new one.

1 hour ago, Duff said:

the last private game that they did at the mall not to long ago was great! wasn't big numbers but enough to have fun and when the turned the lights out and filled the floor up with smoke it made it even better!

Another private game would be good! i know it's not the easiest to organise tho

• Supporters
1 minute ago, springs said:

the last private game that they did at the mall not to long ago was great! wasn't big numbers but enough to have fun and when the turned the lights out and filled the floor up with smoke it made it even better!

Another private game would be good! i know it's not the easiest to organise tho

Unfortunately there isn't the same level of community on here as there used to be so I think a private game would be difficult.

I came back on to connect with a few people and have hung around trying to liven it up but to be honest its a poor shadow of its former self and I doubt I will stay around as the lively discussion side has died. Its why I dropped before as the ability to discuss differences of opinion on here went from debate to defensive hissy fits. Only @Lozart seems to still offer a cohesive differing viewpoint with ability to inject banter and not have the you're "a mean man" tantrum when someone disagrees with him. One good exchange in two weeks I weep for this place.

Not that there are not still some good people but the overall sense of community is just gone.

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Unfortunately there isn't the same level of community on here as there used to be so I think a private game would be difficult.

I came back on to connect with a few people and have hung around trying to liven it up but to be honest its a poor shadow of its former self and I doubt I will stay around as the lively discussion side has died. Its why I dropped before as the ability to discuss differences of opinion on here went from debate to defensive hissy fits. Only @Lozart seems to still offer a cohesive differing viewpoint with ability to inject banter and not have the you're "a mean man" tantrum when someone disagrees with him. One good exchange in two weeks I weep for this place.

Not that there are not still some good people but the overall sense of community is just gone.

hes-right-you-know.jpg

• Supporters

As for The Mall...*shrugs* eh.

I used to go a lot. Once Tabby and Lovegroove et al stopped marshalling I got a bit fed up with the attitude of some of the "I'm a marshal so I'm going to lord it over you all" types that came (and went) as replacements. The current lot seem fairly reasonable though so I may come back a bit more. To be honest I just got bored of 1) people cheating 2) people whingeing about cheaters and 3) getting stuck behind a gagglefuck of people that don't want to be first through a doorway. I like Thursday nights specifically BECAUSE there were less people and more importantly less noobs. Now I know that last bit will make some people think I'm an elitist wanker but eventually you just want to go play with a game full of people that all actually want to play the game to the same level.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Lozart said:

As for The Mall...*shrugs* eh.

I used to go a lot. Once Tabby and Lovegroove et al stopped marshalling I got a bit fed up with the attitude of some of the "I'm a marshal so I'm going to lord it over you all" types that came (and went) as replacements. The current lot seem fairly reasonable though so I may come back a bit more. To be honest I just got bored of 1) people cheating 2) people whingeing about cheaters and 3) getting stuck behind a gagglefuck of people that don't want to be first through a doorway. I like Thursday nights specifically BECAUSE there were less people and more importantly less noobs. Now I know that last bit will make some people think I'm an elitist wanker but eventually you just want to go play with a game full of people that all actually want to play the game to the same level.

I get you but Lovegrove had started appearing again and he was always one of my faves. The marshalls now are really good lads and not blowing smoke up anyones arse as that is not me but I honestly have all the time in the world for everyone one of them.

I love the newbs as I find their enthusiasm infectious and I do every thing I can to help them along but hey we all get different things from it. 

Not elitist just like a certain game which is all good. Elitist is what has set my digits twitching again. Too many people moaning about people treating airsoft like it is more than a game for relaxation and fun. 

Lozart say when you are down and I will gladly come catch up bud.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Lozart say when you are down and I will gladly come catch up bud.

Will do mate, might well be soon as I haven't played much at all lately and I have new toys....

The last time I was at The Mall it was a good laugh to be fair. Mostly because I managed to hook up with a decent bunch that just wanted to play the game. Luke is always a giggle and the current marshals do seem to be better than they were for a while so maybe I'll have at it again!

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Lozart said:

Will do mate, might well be soon as I haven't played much at all lately and I have new toys....

The last time I was at The Mall it was a good laugh to be fair. Mostly because I managed to hook up with a decent bunch that just wanted to play the game. Luke is always a giggle and the current marshals do seem to be better than they were for a while so maybe I'll have at it again!

Luke is one of those people that can make even a miserable f*cker like me smile. Never get why some people complain about his banter and jokes during a brief. Don't tell him I ever said that though. 

Still get good and bad days there but until the players realize that 99% of the time that the quality of the game is dictated by them then that will still be the case everywhere. I always enjoy myself but then the trivial things just make me chuckle.

3 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Luke is one of those people that can make even a miserable f*cker like me smile. Never get why some people complain about his banter and jokes during a brief. Don't tell him I ever said that though. 

Still get good and bad days there but until the players realize that 99% of the time that the quality of the game is dictated by them then that will still be the case everywhere. I always enjoy myself but then the trivial things just make me chuckle.

I’ve never had any issues regarding Luke’s  attitude or any other staff members’ and their decision.

they all have banter and that is all you can ask for in an airsoft event.

The whole purpose is to come and experience what participating in a war or armed police event could be like, but without actually dying... and appreciating you’re life as in the real event that was you bye bye.

Nothing too serious or intimidating no one is a real gun man who practices in airsoft. It’s UK not USA or Russia etc... if you get hit, laugh and call your hit then walk back to respawn with your hands up so you don’t get shot at again.

if you’re gonna be upset then don’t come airsofting, it’s not for you. your actions could have an impact on others and may cause both parties to be banned in an unfairly decision.

im sure luke ain’t risking the business for any of us here.

I've searched for a newbie event but couldn't seem to find anything. I get that some people don't like the "rental players" but hey we have to start somewhere. I just hope (and i'm sure they will) if i do something wrong someone points it out. It looks like we will be playing at some point towards the end of March as my friend is off to see his missus (She lives in America). Gives us both time to get bit of protective gear together and watch some more Novritsch. When  we find out a date we will see if anyone is on here that maybe will be at the mall at the same time. Last question, how do they decide who's on what team. Can you stay with mates or will they make it so i get to shoot at him, i don't mind doing either lol

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, JayMK2 said:

I've searched for a newbie event but couldn't seem to find anything. I get that some people don't like the "rental players" but hey we have to start somewhere. I just hope (and i'm sure they will) if i do something wrong someone points it out. Last question, how do they decide who's on what team. Can you stay with mates or will they make it so i get to shoot at him, i don't mind doing either lol

The Mall doesn't run any special events for new players. To be honest if anybody has an issue with rental players then its their problem and their opinion is one that doesn't matter. We were all rentals once and I reguarly see rentals out play more experienced players. Experience helps but enthusiasm helps more.

Play a Sunday and I will try and be there and show you round and do my best to help you out with anything during the day. Main thing is do not over think it as the majority of airsofters are very welcoming and nice enough.

Yes you can stay with your mate if you so wish.

As Trigger said, it's their personal problem, if they moan just ignore them. Rentals aren't this forbidden thing that is rarely offered...
People will definitely point things out if you make a mistake that's rule breaking though. Not necessarily in a harsh way (sometimes people scream at you, sometimes people are friendly, just luck of the draw in this situation).

Also as Trigger said, don't overthink it. Rock up on the day and enjoy yourself :)

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, JayMK2 said:

I've searched for a newbie event but couldn't seem to find anything. I get that some people don't like the "rental players" but hey we have to start somewhere. I just hope (and i'm sure they will) if i do something wrong someone points it out. It looks like we will be playing at some point towards the end of March as my friend is off to see his missus (She lives in America). Gives us both time to get bit of protective gear together and watch some more Novritsch. When  we find out a date we will see if anyone is on here that maybe will be at the mall at the same time. Last question, how do they decide who's on what team. Can you stay with mates or will they make it so i get to shoot at him, i don't mind doing either lol

You don't need a dedicated "newbie" day in order to get the gist of things. If you turned up on any day and introduced yourself as a new player I guarantee you'd be made more than welcome. If you're polite and listen to what the older players have to say you'll learn a lot. 

Even if you just want to play the game and not really interact with anybody you'll certainly get the chance. How does that old saying go? "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy". The same applies to your average skirmish. 

Just get out there and have fun!

In regards to protective gear, a hoodie will work fine. Please don't turn up in an EOD suit. Getting hit is part of the game and whilst you will definitely feel it it won't hurt beyond a second and the pain is minimal. It's like being flicked by a pen or something.

Whilst YouTube videos are great for seeing what an average game could look like please remember that this does not always represent what your day will look like. This is also true to the weapons they use. Novritsch uses a highly upgraded rifle, so dont expect to be landing shots 700yards away. 

Teams are split up into even numbers at the start of a round. If you want to play with your friend that is fine. Just let the admins know what you'd like to do and they will sort it out. Teams may be reorganised later in the day.

On 02/02/2018 at 7:27 PM, Nasro said:

LOL can relate

"you spend more time playing with your guns than you spend time chilling with me" she says...

"are you on that forum again?"

"a parcel arrived, did you buy a gun again?"

I can literally go carry on lol so i bought her a gun (CA M4 pistol) but until she finds the right "army style" outfit (because she has to look good for pictures) she won't come to an event LOL :wacko::blink:

Just hit the nail on the head so many times with this one 

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/03/2018 at 9:53 AM, rounduk said:

Looking forward to the Mall this Sunday, been a while since I played!! Can you buy pyro etc onsite, assume cash only?

Cheers!

Yep you can buy pyro (Thunder flash MK something not sure.) onsite, cash only i believe. 

See you there! :)

• Supporters

Yes they sell bbs/gas and mk5 in the onsite shop and there is also A2 attached to the mall which you can access from either the high street or mall between games.

Trains should be running as its meant to rain tomorrow so hopefully that should sort all the travel issues out.

Archived