Reusable grenades BFG, VTG, TRMR

Ajax
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

9 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Timed can be fun , over the years I’ve had a fair few (my interest in grenades seems to wax and wan ) I’ve had a Dynatec that took 10sec’s to go off AND one that went off after only 2 ! Now I’m sure you can imagine the fun you can have with these , the ten you’d lob it in too a room everyone runs no bang come back BANG ! You all dead ! And the two ? you’d see it coming but before you can even get an “oh f**k !” Out your dead ! Lol :lol: 

as too not being able to find it in darkened rooms I’ve go strips of photo luminous tape on mine few seconds in light (natural or electric) and they glow for a good forty mins or so .

Mine takes 2.5 seconds. Apparently you can cook them to vary this. I’m too scared and 2.5 is ok.

Mine is striped in Pink and Dayglo green tape as anti camo.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Countryman said:

Mine takes 2.5 seconds. Apparently you can cook them to vary this. I’m too scared and 2.5 is ok.

They were both well used second hand ones and came with these times already set ;)

On 2/2/2018 at 2:08 PM, proffrink said:

Cleaning them is a bit of a ballache but really only needs doing once a year. Pins are very easy to come by if you order the bits off eBay to make you own (in which case you can make about 20 of them for a fiver and in under 10 minutes).

When you say cleaning them I'm assuming you mean the primer caps? if not how do you go about cleaning yours as all I've ever done is put a can of dust can through the striker hole...

Ok my VTG has been sent for repair. After 7-8 games it start having problems. Last game out of six throws it went of just once. Is seems that the primer has not been struck strong enough. 

I will keep you posted how does the repair (should be still on guarantee) will go. 

43 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Ok my VTG has been sent for repair. After 7-8 games it start having problems. Last game out of six throws it went of just once. Is seems that the primer has not been struck strong enough. 

I will keep you posted how does the repair (should be still on guarantee) will go. 

Be interesting to see how long it takes you to get it back considering @Rogerborg experience with them as of late

• Supporters

Historically they got thumbs up for support, so I'm crossing my fingers for you.

I should say that I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the design, especially if it is a straight rip off "inspired by" the Dynatex.  I spotted a couple of YouTube reviews of the VTG with a rather grumpy commenter making this claim about its lineage.

Just now, Rogerborg said:

Historically they got thumbs up for support, so I'm crossing my fingers for you.

I should say that I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the design, especially if it is a straight rip off "inspired by" the Dynatex.  I spotted a couple of YouTube reviews of the VTG with a rather grumpy commenter making this claim about its lineage.

So maybe its just buying new ones they are slow on because of having to "manufacture" each one by hand...?

• Root Admin
3 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

When you say cleaning them I'm assuming you mean the primer caps? if not how do you go about cleaning yours as all I've ever done is put a can of dust can through the striker hole...

Na, I mean heating it in boiling water and popping the whole thing apart to get to the spring inside for lubing it. Keeps the fuse time where it should be (in theory). Takes about 15 minutes.

1 minute ago, proffrink said:

Na, I mean heating it in boiling water and popping the whole thing apart to get to the spring inside for lubing it. Keeps the fuse time where it should be (in theory). Takes about 15 minutes.

I'm gathering doing this there's enough space to clean any grime and crap that may be in there, got a link to someone doing it previously?

1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

I will keep you posted. They should receive it today.

Be interesting to see how long it takes you to get it back considering @Rogerborg experience with them as of late

Hehehe. My new toy has arrived today :)

Hope for long and issue free service history with this one ;)

Still soooo new..... Sooo shiny..... First throw will be most difficult :)

IMG_20180207_220511.jpg

• Supporters

I found "my" orange-and-black tri-shot TRMR where I'd thrown it on Sunday, and wondered how on earth it had suddenly gotten so scuffed up.  Then I found my orange-and-black tri-shot TRMR a few feet away, looking a lot more like when I'd thrown it.  Phew.  Later I spotted a third player with exactly the same combination. They're popular things, I'd suggest taking a picture of your BFG's serial number to avoid any mix ups.

• 2 weeks later...

OK Guys promised update on my 6 months old V.T.G guarantee repair. 

bit of time line:

23/01/2018 first contact with S.W.A.T. Training Devices Limited since purchase. I explained my problem via email asking for help.

Since I receive no reply for a week or so I called them and nice lady suggested to sent the V.T.G. to them for inspection.

02/02/2018 I received an reply to my original email from Paul suggesting the same thing. 

03/02/2018 package has been sent

05 or 06/02/2018 the package has been received (signed delivery);

07/02/2018 I received generic email from SWAT regarding to issues caused by Reverse detonations and Failed Detonation but no word regarding to receiving my package. Same day I sent email asking for estimated time of inspection and repair (the device is 6 months old and I would expect it to be repaired under guarantee). 

16/02/2018 Still no reply. I sent another email asking for an update.

19/02/2018 Still no reply. I sent another email asking for an update.

I will update you how / if this will be resolved. 

I am still quite patient and polite in my communication. I do my best to understand the other side - (small UK based company with limited resources) - but I really do hope that they are trying to understand other side - me, THEIR customer. I was going to buy another V.T.G and if not for the issue with the first one I would have done this.

Now due to the whole situation I am much less likely to do so. As a retail company I am surprised that they are doing so little to maintain their greatest asset - LOYAL customers.  

oh... what the hell do I know... :P let's wait and see how this will end up.

• Supporters
20 hours ago, Ajax said:

I was going to buy another V.T.G and if not for the issue with the first one I would have done this.

Cheer up, they may send you a free one as compensation.

...then charge it your credit card. :P

I hope they (by which I mean the mysterious Paul) sort it out.  I actually expect that they will, eventually, unless they spit the dummy, or get bored.

British industry, can't beat it. ;)

They always get the order done.. however emailing is 90% useless, always call mid-day and you will get an answer.

They go out of stock now and then so you may have unlucky week or 2 (I waited 3 weeks for mine due to a stock issue from their supplier - not their fault), however communication of the issue was terrible.

If anyone wants to order, call up first to make sure they can get one made for you, and you should be golden :P 

Archived