Navy seals look

Oneshotonekill
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 minutes ago, scalawag said:

Well thanks for that but I haven't actually been affected by anything  said here.  If you see discussing my point of view which is different to yours as sensitive and if your eyes makes me a snowflake then so be it.

Perhaps, again hypothetical, people are not telling you you missed hits because they are following your lead and just shooting you again, again just a possibility.

I will I am afraid use what ever language I see fit in my posts as I am sure you also feel entitled to do, but thank you for your input anyway.

As to your last assertion, no I was not posting about adding sand to add weight to my set up in another thread.  Thats not something I would want to do as I already have enough weight to carry around with just me these days.  I was trying to be helpful to another forum member who had asked about making more realistically weighted vest plates.  I don't recall that there was any mention in any of the posts in that thread about the weighted plates being used at general airsoft events so there is no indication that this might relate to the discussion ITH has been having.  Maybe, just maybe they are for use in milsim?

From the thread:

Advocation is as bad as doing it yourself.

28 minutes ago, scalawag said:

I think there used to be some hollow plastic plates available to fill the space in plate carriers.  It you got a set of these and filled them with sand or similar they might achieve what you are looking for as they are already shaped, and the sand would add weight and a little more rigidity.  If I find where I saw them I will pass on a link.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scalawag
3 minutes ago, Duff said:

From the thread:

Yes not denying that I contributed to the thread, I said that I did.  Please read again what you originally said about my contribution to the thread and then carefully read my reply.

I think you are tying yourself up in knots trying to find a way to prove me "wrong", when I don't see it as anything but my opinion and not something that is right or wrong. Its just different to yours.

4 minutes ago, scalawag said:

Yes not denying that I contributed to the thread, I said that I did.  Please read again what you originally said about my contribution to the thread and then carefully read my reply.

I think you are tying yourself up in knots trying to find a way to prove me "wrong", when I don't see it as anything but my opinion and not something that is right or wrong. Its just different to yours.

Not at all mate, I don't really care how you see things and whether or not I agree with them. I know what I say and stand behind it, as for what you say your entitled to say it and believe it. People still believe in God but I don't hold it against them.

To be perfectly honest I skimmed your response because quite frankly I'm tired of reading what you write.

You're the one who came in here derailing the thread and arguiing with Trigger and as Druid said it's getting old now.

Guest scalawag
7 minutes ago, Duff said:

To be perfectly honest I skimmed your response because quite frankly I'm tired of reading what you write.

Rest assured the feeling is mutual.

7 minutes ago, Duff said:

You're the one who came in here derailing the thread and arguiing with Trigger and as Druid said it's getting old now.

I think if you read the thread back you will find that it was derailed by others long before I contributed anything.  Sorry if you think I am the bad guy in all this but it takes 2 or more to argue.

• Supporters

Don’t know if I’d agree with ‘a lot of mil-sims not taking their hits’ 

1 hour ago, Aengus said:

Next forum meetup we should have a fight club in the safe zone if I’m honest.

Kinda makes me want to visit the UK in that occasion :P

Guest scalawag
On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 13:54, Druid799 said:

Don’t know if I’d agree with ‘a lot of mil-sims not taking their hits’ 

I would on the whole have to agree with you on this one Druid799.  

I thought there was very little "not taking hits" by the guys wearing military gear.  There was the odd non registering a hit from a long range shot, but on the second hit no problems.  There may also have been one example of where the player had so much adrenalin pumping that he failed to notice a hit as he was running (plenty of examples of people being hit in real firefights and not realising straight away due to adrenaline rush of the moment), and there were a lot of first time hits that were taken too I thought.  

I did see the sniper firing multiple pistol rounds before some had a chance to respond to being hit, but thats ok with me as its part of the game.  

The only questionable hit call by a guy dressed in military gear was the guy who said he thought it was friendly fire, but as you said the sniper was happy to let it slide so happy days.  The Sniper also came under fire from his own team in the same position shortly after, which might also indicate that he was shooting from a position that might legitimately and reasonably be thought to be fired from by the opposing side.  They know what can happen on that field and the rules for the site better than I do.  Main thing was that they reached a quick agreement and everyone seemed happy.

The only blatant case of not taking hits that I saw in 2 viewings of this video was the chap in jeans and a UBACS. I don't think that that could be seen in any way other than him not taking his hits 3 times in a row before finally succumbing to THAT shot.  This was the only instance of non hit taking that the video indicated was cheating  or irksome in any way that I could see.

If anything I thought the video showed how most airsofters can get on with each other regardless of what clothes or kit they are wearing and work out problems amicably including understanding that sometime a hit is just not felt or heard.

• Supporters

Cheater vids are lower than cheaters themselves will not watch it.

One thing I will say is a difference of opinion backed up by a cohesive argument is great but lets all try to keep it somewhere close to civilised. We may not all agree but at least we can try show some modicum of respect.

Unless you act like a twunt then you can kiss my ass.

Video only shows a guy deliberately not calling a hit until he gets his dong shot..

Doesn't prove anything apart from a guy who plays a game he shouldn't be playing..

It actually proves my point though, gear doesn't prevent you from calling a hit, your (dis)honesty does.. We can then debate on whether or not a lot of gear makes you not feel a hit, but posting that particular video didn't do anything more than creating another sub discussion..

Also think about it, more gear means a larger target to hit :P

20 minutes ago, Skara said:

Video only shows a guy deliberately not calling a hit until he gets his dong shot..

Doesn't prove anything apart from a guy who plays a game he shouldn't be playing..

It actually proves my point though, gear doesn't prevent you from calling a hit, your (dis)honesty does.. We can then debate on whether or not a lot of gear makes you not feel a hit, but posting that particular video didn't do anything more than creating another sub discussion..

Also think about it, more gear means a larger target to hit :P

Also means you're less likely to feel it. I know for a fact if someone clipped the bauble on top of my beany I wouldn't know.

Guest scalawag
3 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Cheater vids are lower than cheaters themselves will not watch it.

One thing I will say is a difference of opinion backed up by a cohesive argument is great but lets all try to keep it somewhere close to civilised. We may not all agree but at least we can try show some modicum of respect.

Unless you act like a twunt then you can kiss my ass.

If I am considered to have acted in an uncivilised manner or to have disrespected another member of the forum then I whole heartedly apologies to all reading this thread, and I shall do all under my power to ensure that I do not get carried away and act in an uncivilised or disrespectful manner in the future.

Archived