Navy seals look

Oneshotonekill
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Skara said:

I am afraid you are too confused for us to actually help you..

That is usually the general theme of every thread he makes ;)

Well that escalated quickly!

There are a lot of things I don't understand about airsoft, like why people still buy non molle gear, why people buy those extremely short m4s, why do people still use mesh eyepro when it's been proven to not be reliable enough and many others..

I'll never find answers for these questions other than: personal taste..

With that said, yes he's confused as hell, one day he wants a SEAL loadout, now he's asking for a marpat bdu..

At this point every reply will just open an endless loop of questions which will never get a real answer :P

3 hours ago, Skara said:

Well that escalated quickly!

There are a lot of things I don't understand about airsoft, like why people still buy non molle gear, why people buy those extremely short m4s,

Stubby M4’s are awesome! 

2 hours ago, Sako said:

Stubby M4’s are awesome! 

as i said, personal taste.. i don't like short barreled guns :P i feel more comfortable holding a gun chris costa style and i can't do that with a short barrel :P my honey badger is barely long enough for me to be somewhat comfortable, as i have to grip it right by the end of the barrel, i just can't imagine myself with something shorter than that.

19 hours ago, scalawag said:

Sorry I deleted my post as I felt it was rather superfluous when I read it back but you had already quoted it.

I agree that is probably much of the appeal of airsoft guns but "I like my airsoft guns to be realistic looking" is not a defence elsewhere in the airsoft community.  If you are a collector or target shooter the argument is always it does not need to look realistic to use it in those activities.  The type of gameplay described here does not "need" the guns involved to be realistic looking either. If Airsoft skirmishing is just "a generally high speed full contact hide and seek." then I can see little reason why RIFs are "required" for it.  Guns that are brightly coloured or don't look like real weapons would be just as good.  As I said previously the defence for skirmishing was presented on the "need for realism", so skirmishing must be more than what was described or it should fall in the same category as collecting and target shooting and not have a defence under the VCRA.

I get what your saying but I dont make them I just buy them.... I would buy a decent Airsoft gun that didnt look like a gun if it was cheaper/better than a RIF, but it likely wouldnt happen as to work like a gun it has to follow certain principles and be gun shaped, therefore airsoft guns are realistic looking.

And as the need for realism, (often) overweight middle aged men in full multicam with beer bellies hanging out of their Vest with 900 mags and the kitchen sink strapped to their back running around woodlands or a deserted shopping mall is hardly realism... I think your taking things a little too literal!

• Supporters

This NOT aimed at any one poster but all of us in general .

I happen to like dressing up like a tacticool dude with all the gear , i also like too go out on the field with just a gatt and a couple of hi-caps some times , I also take the piss out of other people who dress up in a similar manner , I also expect to have the piss taken out of me for said reason (plus I’m fat&old and trying to regain my lost youth&health !) , I very much like taking the piss out of players who shout orders/instructions/etc at me , more often than not I’ll just shout back “go fornicate !” Or some othe equally witty retort , I enjoy this very much , I’ve been S’ofting for over 16yrs and did a good few under her majesty’s flag so I’ve made a sh*t load of mistakes and errors over the years and am more than happy to help ‘the new guy’ to avoid them if I can , I don’t see the point of letting someone fall in too the same pitfalls I did if I can , I like too think it can be a friendly hobby so please don’t exclude the ‘noobies’ .

BUT and this is the important bit if you look down your nose at me for any reason wether it’s for the gear I’m using or how I look or play AND if I encounter you doing it to anyone else who doesn’t deserve it either wether your a tacticool player OR a tacticool hater l will make it my game day objective  to make sure you have the most sh*tty crappy horribly frustrating day possibly to have at a skirmish (as will my team mates once I’ve spoken too them plus we’re all on comms so we can really ruin your day) . We’re all there to have fun , if you want to look like actionman ? Please feel free too . If you want to look like a Chav car thief ? Again please feel free to do so , just don’t look down on any one for these reasons alone . On all forums you see the “oh dress how you like I don’t care”  , BUT then they proceed to rip other players apart for said non bothersome reason ! It’s the old ‘it’s not personal but ‘ scenario yes it is a very personal attack actually that you think you can weasel out of by saying it’s not personal , If you don’t like a style of ‘dress up’ fine that’s your prerogative but if you are going to start spouting about ‘not being bothered , but’ then just shut the f**k up and keep your opinions to your selves please . Opinions are like arseholes , everyone has one and most people aren’t actual interested in yours ! 

So endeth the sermon . Lol 

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

This NOT aimed at any one poster but all of us in general .

I happen to like dressing up like a tacticool dude with all the gear , i also like too go out on the field with just a gatt and a couple of hi-caps some times , I also take the piss out of other people who dress up in a similar manner , I also expect to have the piss taken out of me for said reason (plus I’m fat&old and trying to regain my lost youth&health !) , I very much like taking the piss out of players who shout orders/instructions/etc at me , more often than not I’ll just shout back “go fornicate !” Or some othe equally witty retort , I enjoy this very much , I’ve been S’ofting for over 16yrs and did a good few under her majesty’s flag so I’ve made a sh*t load of mistakes and errors over the years and am more than happy to help ‘the new guy’ to avoid them if I can , I don’t see the point of letting someone fall in too the same pitfalls I did if I can , I like too think it can be a friendly hobby so please don’t exclude the ‘noobies’ .

BUT and this is the important bit if you look down your nose at me for any reason wether it’s for the gear I’m using or how I look or play AND if I encounter you doing it to anyone else who doesn’t deserve it either wether your a tacticool player OR a tacticool hater l will make it my game day objective  to make sure you have the most sh*tty crappy horribly frustrating day possibly to have at a skirmish (as will my team mates once I’ve spoken too them plus we’re all on comms so we can really ruin your day) . We’re all there to have fun , if you want to look like actionman ? Please feel free too . If you want to look like a Chav car thief ? Again please feel free to do so , just don’t look down on any one for these reasons alone . On all forums you see the “oh dress how you like I don’t care”  , BUT then they proceed to rip other players apart for said non bothersome reason ! It’s the old ‘it’s not personal but ‘ scenario yes it is a very personal attack actually that you think you can weasel out of by saying it’s not personal , If you don’t like a style of ‘dress up’ fine that’s your prerogative but if you are going to start spouting about ‘not being bothered , but’ then just shut the f**k up and keep your opinions to your selves please . Opinions are like arseholes , everyone has one and most people aren’t actual interested in yours ! 

So endeth the sermon . Lol 

If no one was interested in others opinions then there wouldn't be pages of  discussion on the subject. It is a discussion forum after all.

I do get your point though but one thing to remember is what people wear can often actually have a negative impact on the day as regards hit taking. The age age old excuse of if I don't feel it I hear it is a cop out as well because with earpieces and background noise no one will hear a lot of them.

Dress to play but be responsible and remember tacticool look is fine tacticool attitude is not (unless it's milsim).

I still don't get how you can't feel hits xD

Even with comms on and the sound of guns I can still hear every hit.. I think it's just a matter of honour at this point..

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Skara said:

Even with comms on and the sound of guns I can still hear every hit.. I think it's just a matter of honour at this point..

No you just think you hear everyone but you can't tell me you heard the one you did not hear.

1 hour ago, Skara said:

My leather cut I wear negates any form of impact from bb's even at pb range. I wish i could say the same for my thighs :wacko: I can still feel them but sometimes I don't and in no way do they hurt.

We had some "tacticool" guys in a Russian setup at my last game... Massive shoulder pads and riot helmets and such looked more like american football players. "I didn't feel it" was used a lot... I was standing next to them and could hear the impacts, but there was just no reaction off them.

I personally wear very little (3 layers max, 1 being thermal t shirt, second being normal t shirt, third being my camo smock) to avoid being in a situation like that as i take the honour part seriously. Play by the rules or get out imo. 

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, LightningCh said:

We had some "tacticool" guys in a Russian setup at my last game... Massive shoulder pads and riot helmets and such looked more like american football players. "I didn't feel it" was used a lot... I was standing next to them and could hear the impacts, but there was just no reaction off them.

I personally wear very little (3 layers max, 1 being thermal t shirt, second being normal t shirt, third being my camo smock) to avoid being in a situation like that as i take the honour part seriously. Play by the rules or get out imo. 

Even if you're wearing tons of padding you can still hear yourself getting hit. I don't buy into the whole 'couldn't feel it' excuse.

Still, if they can't feel it they won't mind me full-autoing them now will they? 

*inb4 cries of overshooting*

3 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Even if you're wearing tons of padding you can still hear yourself getting hit. I don't buy into the whole 'couldn't feel it' excuse.

Still, if they can't feel it they won't mind me full-autoing them now will they? 

*inb4 cries of overshooting*

This.

You guys play semi auto only, of course you have the "didn't feel it" people..

I get it in a cqb field, but in the woods it's just dumb..

We're not shooting lead, we're shooting tiny lightweight bbs that lose energy very quickly..

What's up with the "no full auto" dumb rules?

• Mostly Retired Moderators

We have Full-auto over here Skara - this ain't Germany.

It's just the CQB sites that limit full-auto (but sometimes allowed at the Mall, like Duff says).

Woodland you can use full-auto, but most of the time there's no "Cutting down the trees like in predator" stuff.

I can't imagine being able to hear every hit as my hearing is pants a lot of the time (you've probably noticed if you've ever spoken to me).

I've had a couple of occasions where people will say "I hit you mate" in close up encounters at the mall, and I'll say "Oh sh*t, sorry!" and call it.

My Mall rig has plastic mag holders etc to try and make it more audible.

Guest scalawag
4 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

I get what your saying but I dont make them I just buy them.... I would buy a decent Airsoft gun that didnt look like a gun if it was cheaper/better than a RIF, but it likely wouldnt happen as to work like a gun it has to follow certain principles and be gun shaped, therefore airsoft guns are realistic looking.

And as the need for realism, (often) overweight middle aged men in full multicam with beer bellies hanging out of their Vest with 900 mags and the kitchen sink strapped to their back running around woodlands or a deserted shopping mall is hardly realism... I think your taking things a little too literal!

I didn't actually say that there is a need for realism.  As far as I am concerned you can wear whatever you want, I don't think I have said otherwise.

What I did say was that the reason given to the law makers by the airsoft skirmishing community in order to obtain an airsoft skirmishing defence under the VCRA was that there was a "need for realism" in airsoft skirmishing.  Should that come up for revision, which I personally hope it does not, then it could easily be amended to remove the skirmishing defence if the hobby of airsoft skirmishing generally has moved away from that "need for realism"  ie less military based and more sport based, which to me you seem to be saying it has.  It would then just mean that as with other areas of airsoft activity in the UK, skirmishers would also only be allowed to buy IFs and not RIFs.  If you think I am too literal just wait for any review of the VCRA, that will be literal about everything that is done in skirmishing.

As for the description of overweight middle aged men etc..... then yep that pretty much describes me!  Perhaps from what you are saying though we don't have as much right to play airsoft the way we want to as you do.  

I do wonder if the term "Skirmishing" is trying to cover too many aspects of what has now become a more diverse activity.  There do seem to be at least 2 distinct forms of game play being talked about here without going into milsim etc...   

Perhaps the sport side of things needs to consider holding its own events, that way they would not have to keep making concessions to their own style of play because of lumbering fat old fits like me.

Seriously, Airsoft for me in the past was a laugh, but it seems a lot more diverse and for some more serious now.  I don't know but I wonder if that is a side effect of some seeing skirmishing as a competitive sport.  Dare I say it all seems a little more bitchy now.  What ever happened to tolerating what others do in this hobby/sport or whatever you want to call it.

@scalawag

The VCRA is full of holes, like most laws its all open to interpretation and abuse by whoever speaks faster/more confident or uses longer words. I have had no UKARA or defence other than I play and this has done me well up till now (and actually being a player IS a defence). I have plenty of RIFs, IF and bits and bobs to play and the stores were confident enough to sell to me. 

your debate is interesting and like I said before probably worth a discussion in a separate topic. However, all softers with experience know it all nonsense and no matter how many time we discuss it its not going to change much so we put up with it as for the most part its working.

I think there are an emerging trend in game types to suite all styles, typical sunday skirmish, cqb, kill houses, speedsoft, milsim, filsim, even mini milsim style skirmishes. Lots of choice. and each have their merits and styles. My main points with the gear is all you NEED to play is eye pro... a good gun and boots help, other than that its fluff and in some cases hinders players due to restrictions of loadouts or even worse having so much gear you get caught on things and have accidents or not feeling hits!!

Airsoft still is a laugh, I admit I get wound up sometimes and sit out of games at some sites, mostly due to others attitudes or the game type not working. But I suppose its more about where you play. Its generally a good laugh without prejudices. 

And my comment about the older rotund gentleman was in jest, im no spring chicken and look pretty ridiculous in a tight ubacs and often need to catch my breath mid game ;) There is lots of diversity in airsoft, thats what I like about it actually you dont have to be in the special forces to play, its quite an accessible hobby, even for those less able if they wish!

I have even played against three generations in one game before!!   

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

There is lots of diversity in airsoft, thats what I like about it actually you dont have to be in the special forces to play, its quite an accessible hobby, even for those less able if they wish!   

That's what I love about this hobby. It doesn't matter who you are, how old you are or if you've got any sort of issues, medical or otherwise. At the end of the day we all get stuck in and have fun. 

I've seen videos of a lad in a wheelchair shooting off his AEG and he looked like he was having a blast. 

Not saying you should do the predator thing, it's just that a burst has more chances to be felt/heard than a single bb :)

I agree on the semi only in cqb sites, and here in Italy even if there's no MED I still go in semi if the opponent is really close, don't want to hurt anyone and also it seems to trigger people a lot xD

My woodland site rules are as follows.

Full auto everywhere outside. (Cut everything down if you want)

Semi/pistol if you are firing into a building from within 10 feet of it

Full auto is allowed to be used if firing out the door or window of a building, unless the target is within 10 feet (essentially the defenders version of the above rule)

Semi/pistol if you are inside a building with the enemy.

I typically stick my gun to semi if i feel like i would overshoot (ranges up to about 10m eg, walking through thick bushes) and then burst fire for any further than that.

I completely agree with cqb sites and their semi only rules (although some sites try to put a limit on how fast you pull the trigger from what I've read)

But i mean, even in semi mode you never fire 1 single shot and wait... 

Guest scalawag
4 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

@scalawag

The VCRA is full of holes, like most laws its all open to interpretation and abuse by whoever speaks faster/more confident or uses longer words. I have had no UKARA or defence other than I play and this has done me well up till now (and actually being a player IS a defence). I have plenty of RIFs, IF and bits and bobs to play and the stores were confident enough to sell to me. 

I think you may have read my musings on the VCRA inaccurately or certainly not how I intended them.  Of course this affects nothing right now and as you say it seems to work ok, and I am glad you have all you need.  My intention was to get across that if in the future airsoft were seen by those responsible for law making to be more "sport" than "military" then the skirmish player defence (be it UKARA or any other form of proof that is used) for buying RIFs may well be reviewed.  In some respects things do never change, but equally change is the only inevitable thing in life, and laws do get looked at and reviewed as we have just seen with firearms legislation and indeed as we did in the past when the VCRA was introduced.  I think we as the current custodians of the sport/hobby or whatever you want to call it always need to have an eye on what might happen to it in the future too, and make sure that we do as little as possible to cause potential future problems or increased restrictions.  We are ok now, but lets also think of what airsofters and particularly new airsofters might have to deal with in the future.  Some of the comments here I have, rightly or wrongly, read as "military style gear and the people who like to wear it are taking things too far for general airsoft events, you don't need it or it gets in the way of playing airsoft" That seems to me to be moving airsoft away from its military style roots, and more towards it being a sport or game and its that potential shift that makes my VCRA musings relevant.  Its about having an eye to protecting the future thats all, maybe not for us because we are ok, but for those that follow on.  Anyway nuff said, I will shut up on this now.

Its good to hear that airsoft is still a laugh, and I'll be back in the saddle soon I imagine to find out for myself.  

It does seem to me from the conversations here sometimes a little more fractious between people invested in different styles of play than I recall, but then what I recall was a good day out with likeminded mates where nobody took any notice much of who "won", how many kills they got, or how others were playing or were dressed differently from them, beyond any obvious cheating.

If you are not so intent on winning then it matters much less if people can't feel or hear, the odd hit.  Of course if they are consistently claiming this its different, but then thats partly why sites have refs isn't it.  And if that does not work there are plenty of ways for all the "law abiding" players to make a cheats life uncomfortable like not taking hits from the cheat either.  Just chill its a bit of fun!! (unless of course you have to win).

I don't think I would ever see airsoft as a sport or something to be competitive as some seem to. From my point of view competition spoils hobbies for people who are not competitive.  That is exactly the reason for me leaving my 2 most recent hobbies both of which I loved, but they became unbearable to participate in.  I wanted to relax and unwind doing something I enjoyed, but the competitive elements in the hobbies who would only be happy if they won at all costs and told me I was not doing the hobby right if I wasn't going to be as competitive as they were eventually got too much for me, no fun in it anymore at that point.  

For me airsoft is just a past time which includes the pew pew, but also dressing up and chatting with like minded souls.

What doesn't help the situation in my eyes is the fact that the younger generation are growing up with competitive mindsets from their years of gaming. All day sitting inside with nothing to care for except a K/D ratio and the word victory on their screens? It's going to carry over into airsoft as a sport, and it's already happening. (Same will go for most sports... just look at PUBG and such... highly competitive games coming out, its going to negatively affect most sports eventually as people get into them with the gaming mindset)

In my eyes, I do not care how you dress up for it, how you play it, how you do anything to do with the sport. It's a sport and we all play it different ways with different ideas. Let's be honest, all of us here would probably get along fine at an actual skirmish together because we all just want to enjoy the sport (unless you cheat, then we won't like you). In fact with play styles as diverse as us, we would probably not even see each other in the gamezone very much lol.

Oh and let's also be honest and I'll say this.
"I try to not be a keyboard warrior but your words on a screen won't hurt me if i do act like one :P

I try to be level headed with these sorts of things, especially since I'm new to airsoft so i want to try it all.. milsim, speedsoft and regular skirmishes indoors and out. Maybe I'll change my opinion as life goes on, but I do know I joined this sport for the community over the win at the end of the day (although it's always nice to be able to say "haha, you lost :P " to the enemy guy you have been speaking to all day in the safezone)

What I find funny about it is the number of youtube guys putting k/d ratio in their videos (house gamers, dutch, novritsch at some point, cleanshot, silo and their wannabes) as if they are really playing counter strike or pubg..

On 1/30/2018 at 8:57 PM, ImTriggerHappy said:

Did I offend lol

I am fine with people dressing up, my missus has a real fetching Santa outfit for the holidays that I am very much in favour of.

My issue is with those that take it too far and go all super serious and moan about the fun side. There is definitely a growing trend of some players moaning when someone treats it like its a game and ruins the immersion.....

I can appreciate a well put together loadout as well as the next man but when I hear someone yelling TANGO while I am trying to find the one spot that isn't covered in 3 inches of gear so I can shoot them somewhere they feel I do get frustrated. I played a game a few weeks ago where there were middle aged guys taking the piss out of speedsofters because of their leggings and shorts while they were dressed up like they were going on patrol in Afghanistan ,to play with toy guns.

Some of my airsoft buddies like a bit of dress up and thats fine because then we can have some banter. 

As for me dressing up you should see my Guantanamo Gay outfit B)

@Solar are you @Readman97 in disguise as this seems familiar?

I love how you think that because I disagree with you I must be the same person as someone else who disagreed with you. Nice logic. The reason why I keep calling you out is because you seem to have a weird need to try and belittle people who enjoy something slightly different to you. And if you think to yourself (which I assume you must do as you obviously have no internal ability to filter yourself) "Hey I think its ok to belittle this person for no real reason on the internet because, hey, there is little chance of any real blow-back from this" then I don't see why I shouldn't continually point out what an arse you are being.

So in answer to your question, no, you didn't offend me, but your arrogant sh*t-posting has encouraged me to respond in kind :)

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Solar said:

I love how you think that because I disagree with you I must be the same person as someone else who disagreed with you. Nice logic. The reason why I keep calling you out is because you seem to have a weird need to try and belittle people who enjoy something slightly different to you. And if you think to yourself (which I assume you must do as you obviously have no internal ability to filter yourself) "Hey I think its ok to belittle this person for no real reason on the internet because, hey, there is little chance of any real blow-back from this" then I don't see why I shouldn't continually point out what an arse you are being.

So in answer to your question, no, you didn't offend me, but your arrogant sh*t-posting has encouraged me to respond in kind :)

Haha you obviously haven't taken the time or just don't have the brains to understand what I write so I won't take offence at your ignorance. 

As for arrogant yeah you are probably right but hey I do back up everything I say :D

As for belittling people only when they bring it on themselves as generally I am super helpful and an absolute ray of f*cking sunshine now please feel free to take offence at anything I write as I honestly couldn't give a toss .

Merry Xmas and all that

Edit: As for no blowback ask anyone on here who knows me if I am any different face to face.

Archived