Navy seals look

Oneshotonekill
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

That’s a large JPC on an even larger man. 

How unfortunate

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

One of them works for a very large defence contractor and doesn't really want his face plastered all over the internet playing toy soldiers, others spend a significant amount of time doing EOD work in the Middle East/Africa where having your identity mistaken for someone in the military can quite easily result in having your head cut off by angry shouty men. 

Ah right so these guys are actually probably more "operator" than most who pretend to be!?

There's a particular funny set of "tac-twins" that also go a bit Full Metal Spastic!

• Supporters
Just now, Duff said:

Ah right so these guys are actually probably more "operator" than most who pretend to be!?

There's a particular funny set of "tac-twins" that also go a bit Full Metal Spastic!

Theyre all civilians, but don’t want their names/faces to bring any potential bad PR to the companies they work for.  Makes good sense really, if you work in sales for a Defense contractor why would you chance it? 

Just now, jcheeseright said:

Theyre all civilians, but don’t want their names/faces to bring any potential bad PR to the companies they work for.  Makes good sense really, if you work in sales for a Defense contractor why would you chance it? 

Yeah I'm pretty sure they'd get the royal piss ripped outta them, or get fired.

Kinda proves Triggers point though, if you ask me.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, jcheeseright said:

others spend a significant amount of time doing EOD work in the Middle East/Africa where having your identity mistaken for someone in the military can quite easily result in having your head cut off by angry shouty men. 

I'd question how serious they actually believe the risk is since they're choosing to wear dress up gear and relying on photographers to obfuscate their faces.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I'd question how serious they actually believe the risk is since they're choosing to wear dress up gear and relying on photographers to obfuscate their faces.

The photos were taken by a member of their own team and blurred before going anywhere near the internet.  

The risk of having your head cut off in those places is not massively high (no one would go if it were), but it's not zero, so why add risk factors unnecessarily? 

I don't see the issue:

If someone wants to dress up then let them. If someone doesn't, that's OK too.

Both are being true to themselves. It's their choice...

Regarding the OP question.

I would hazard a guess that there is no such thing. It would be chosen based upon what the job is and where.

I agree with the whole let people just enjoy themselves and do what makes them happy...but it’s still funny to see people dressed up in full soldier attire to play pew pew.

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Immortal said:

I don't see the issue:

If someone wants to dress up then let them. If someone doesn't, that's OK too.

Both are being true to themselves. 

But how is running round shouting contact left and dressing in camouflage and trying to pretend your all SF on a Sunday being true to yourself when you are really Norbert the insurance clerk from Milton Keynes?

Am I the only airsofter who thinks masturbating while covered in oil and wearing leather straps in the middle of Trafalgar Square on national holiday would be less embarrassing?

5 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

But how is running round shouting contact left and dressing in camouflage and trying to pretend your all SF on a Sunday being true to yourself when you are really Norbert the insurance clerk from Milton Keynes?

Am I the only airsofter who thinks masturbating while covered in oil and wearing leather straps in the middle of Trafalgar Square on national holiday would be less embarrassing?

That's the bit that really gets me. Dressing up? Hey whatever floats your boat, I'm cool with that but acting like it's forrealz is a bit overkill if you ask me. By all means play your game your way but to me the excuse of "Oh we don't want our careers in jeopardy because of pictures of us dressed up" is kinda bullshit, they're just blurring their faces to try and add authenticity to their "Operator" status.

Can you imagine what the day was like when ImTriggerHappy realised that people out there in the world like different things to him.

The internet must be a painful place for him to visit.

His dad wore a red tshirt once and Trig hasnt spoken to him since.

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, Solar said:

Can you imagine what the day was like when ImTriggerHappy realised that people out there in the world like different things to him.

The internet must be a painful place for him to visit.

His dad wore a red tshirt once and Trig hasnt spoken to him since.

Did I offend lol

I am fine with people dressing up, my missus has a real fetching Santa outfit for the holidays that I am very much in favour of.

My issue is with those that take it too far and go all super serious and moan about the fun side. There is definitely a growing trend of some players moaning when someone treats it like its a game and ruins the immersion.....

I can appreciate a well put together loadout as well as the next man but when I hear someone yelling TANGO while I am trying to find the one spot that isn't covered in 3 inches of gear so I can shoot them somewhere they feel I do get frustrated. I played a game a few weeks ago where there were middle aged guys taking the piss out of speedsofters because of their leggings and shorts while they were dressed up like they were going on patrol in Afghanistan ,to play with toy guns.

Some of my airsoft buddies like a bit of dress up and thats fine because then we can have some banter. 

As for me dressing up you should see my Guantanamo Gay outfit B)

@Solar are you @Readman97 in disguise as this seems familiar?

• Supporters
51 minutes ago, Oneshotonekill said:

But the thing is I wanna look good if you get what I mean guys :) 

Then go for it if thats what makes you happy. I am no expert but I would imagine seals just use whatever is most suitable for the job so mix and match until you are happy.

Edit: Actually just google it as I just did and you get loads of images. Those boys are not scared of a camera just stay away from the wet suits as I reckon the flippers would be a bitch.

• Supporters

Getting myself back on topic;

check out @sealfuturefund on instagram for loads of pictures of SEALs.  Alternately, @teamgrayfox are a UK team that do some pretty legit SEAL kits.  

Basic framework to work from though; AOR1 or AOR2 clothing is the norm, load bearing kit varies depending on the time frame but a 6094 is always a good start. Helmets are an absolute must, MICH 2001 was the go-to for SEALs for a long time, Ops core maritime helmets are the in-thing now though.   Guns you’re pretty restricted in what you can take and be ‘correct’; Mk18 Mod1, MP7A1, Mk46, Mk17, Mk12 Mod1 is basically it.  If you wanna go really oldschool then an MP5A5 or MP5 SD6 are both options along with Mk18 Mod0. 

Hope that helps! 

OFF TOPIC TO SEALS, AS THIS IS FOR THE "LOADOUTS VS CASUAL" DEBATE
I mean, for me, I prefer to wear camo for the woodlands where it makes sense to. And black cargo pants and hoodie for indoors.

I have my slightly mismatched Soldier 95 DPMs (like the smock is a slightly lighter green colour to the trousers despite being bought as a proper pair) but it does the job.
Same goes for wearing black indoors. Colours dont matter there imo, you will be seen by a torch or general light.

I mean I would love to dress up in a full loadout for a milsim event, but milsim is where you would expect to see a full loadout.

For general skirmishing? eehh... I like seeing the full on loadouts, but don't see the appeal of carrying loads of gear for a 2 hour game. I'm happy with my rather lightweight and skirmish-able loadout.

And for moaning about the fact players are in casual clothes and playing it as a game on a skirmish? That's pretty silly in my eyes. Skirmishes are the fun of airsoft, Milsim is for the "serious" side.

Nor do I really see much point in shouting with "military" callouts during a skirmish, usually you can shout "guy in that bush" and everyone just sprays away at every bush in sight til one of the bushes shouts "hit"  lol.

To me the topic of wearing full on loadouts and such should be more reliant on the game day you are playing. But if you are playing it the way you want to, there isn't a problem (unless, of course, you decide that others are playing incorrectly because they aren't like you. Then it's a problem)

ON TOPIC TO SEALS AND THEIR LOADOUTS

I have no idea as I haven't looked.

• Supporters

@Oneshotonekill There's a ton of ex UK police riot gear on eBay right now. Helmets, pads, overalls and even shields. 

On the topic of what you wear to a game I couldn't care less. Dress up like seal team six or Santa Claus.. Whatever floats your boat. I do think wearing something comfortable and having fun is more important than matching camos however. 

Not to say I don't attend games in full kit - because I totally do - but that's why I bought it. I don't want to leave it in a drawer collecting dust. It's not like you're carrying an extra 30lbs of gear. I'm either wearing a helmet, pc, camo clothes or the pc and civvies. All that changes really is if I'm wearing matching clothing. 

I do think if you're going to go full out on your loadout you can at least put the effort in to make sure you fit it correctly. The amount of people I see with their PCs hanging halfway down their back astonishes me.

Archived