Bravo 1 - Birmingham - Indoor CQB

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Following an abortive mission because of the snow last year, we finally made it to Bravo 1 in Birmingham this weekend.

We had a really good day. Very enjoyable, well run, very good facility - needs to open more than one toilet though ;) But scores really highly on the ranking of sites we've played. On a note about parking, if you go there are some close by parking places for £5-6 for the day. Don't follow your mobile phones advice as we ended up paying £15 at a "Low cost" all day car park.

The organisation was good and they spent time sorting out the teams so that us first timers had some regulars to make it more balanced play, and even continued to amend that during the day.

It's a fast paced site that with the number of players on Sunday (about 40) was just perfect for the games spread over two floors at a time. Any more players and I'm sure it would become three floor games. But this was just right to make it playable and not over crowded.

The regular players made us feel welcome and were very sportsmanlike. Not once was there any call of not hit taking that I encountered. More often than not it was a high five and both of you walk back to regen.

Personally I'd like to see it a bit darker. Some more blue covering on the lights would be good as I thought it was just too bright for my sneaky play style. I'm unsure on the regen and how many exits they have, but found that some of them were camped on by the opposition making exit just abut impossible from some exits. You could work around it by leaving another way and flanking the campers which I made my mission :D

As with many game days at everywhere I've played the last game seems to escalate into a bit of a free for all. Plenty of spamming going on and more than a few of us ending up with a stitch work of welts.

Highlight of my day was holding a corner with some one shouting "BRAD, BRAD, BRAD are you there?" "Yes, mate - is it safe?" "Yeah" - boom head shot :D

We'll certainly be returning to Bravo 1.

Oh, I forgot. There is ONE big downer on this place for me and others I play with, and that TRMR's. You can't use them without buying a silencer they sell in their shop. The silencer adapter replaces the 209/9mm changer in the new TRMR's with a 209 silenced version.

The bad thing for two of us was that the TRMR's we have are older style single shot 209 bases. So you can't swap anything out to fit the adapter and then it only fits single shot bases, so you can't use your tri-shots.

But the BIG problem with the adapter is they are £35 each :o:o:o

I saw a few spent TRMR's on the floor during the day, but I swear I NEVER heard one go off!

So we couldn't use any of our bangs at all that day. That said, it didn't really spoil it. The site doesn't seem to have bottle necks as there's always a quick route around for a surprise rear attack ;). So no bangs, just more running.

@warlord OH MY GOD THERE IS A CQB SITE IN BIRMINGHAM?? 
How did I not know this when I live near Tamworth .-.

*googles them*

330fps limit... urgh... my cqb gun chronos at 335...unless they will allow it based on the 5% added? (which leaves a 346fps limit?)

Nevermind.

Emailed them at 8pm and got an answer instantly saying it will be fine as long as my gun chronos at 340 or under. so all good... Booked into this site for this Sunday lol.

On 29/01/2018 at 6:45 PM, LightningCh said:

@warlord OH MY GOD THERE IS A CQB SITE IN BIRMINGHAM?? 
How did I not know this when I live near Tamworth .-.

*googles them*

330fps limit... urgh... my cqb gun chronos at 335...unless they will allow it based on the 5% added? (which leaves a 346fps limit?)

330 + 5% so 346 limit ;)

Say hello to them from the Winter Soldier :D

4 hours ago, warlord said:

330 + 5% so 346 limit ;)

Say hello to them from the Winter Soldier :D

Glad its 346. Think both my guns fall under the limit now :D

I'm going there this Sunday now. Will probably make it my regular CQB if its good! (With zero experience in CQB it will probably be good for me, regardless lol)

And... Well, i will say hi to them if i find the place... I get lost every time i go to a new site lol.

Ok so I went to Bravo 1 today.
First time with CQB, first time with my own gun.
There was a LARP event on Floor 2 so didn't get to see that floor, but floors 3 & 4 were open for skirmishing.
Parking was on the street in painted bays, and free because it was a Sunday :D

Ok, quick list of good things now.

Marshals were a great set of people, and a good laugh.

Variety of game modes to keep it interesting, 30 minute games. Gamemodes consisted of laptop domination, capture the gold, capture the bomb (was done entirely differently to capture the gold), flip the tiles, blow up the flags, and 1 other that I didn't play because I had to go early :(

Was incredibly tight CQB with a lot of action at all times.

One downside was the fact that enemy players are allowed to stand with their guns practically pointed at the spawn zones as long as they didn't fire into the spawn zone through the curtain... Led to some frustrating moments.

But other than that, it was a blast and I'd highly recommend this site for CQB in the Birmingham area :D

There was cheaters as always, and a bit of mouthing off over this, but marshals were quick to set everyone straight so can't really complain about the day at all.

The camping on regen exits is poor sportsmanship and I found it annoying, but there are plenty of other exits. A few times I encountered a red curtain by accident with a player exiting and I'd just hands up and back off.

44 minutes ago, warlord said:

The camping on regen exits is poor sportsmanship and I found it annoying, but there are plenty of other exits. A few times I encountered a red curtain by accident with a player exiting and I'd just hands up and back off.

Yeah, it is poor sportmanship... 4th floor had this especially bad because once you lost the main chamber they had free reign of the entire floor pretty much, had all 3 exits on that floor locked down by reds at one point, so I dropped down to 3rd floor. 
Absolutely loved the 3rd floor, the "reception" area and the tightly packed rooms led to some fun. Couple of spawn camp moments, but all in all, it was a lot easier to get around them. If only you could ID the player before shooting because blue and red was impossible to see in the dark lol. 

Especially since it's very easy to be coming from the enemy direction towards a friendly.

their banding system could do with a little more work. 

Most sites use tape thats duck tape / parcel tape thick but Bravo 1 was just some standard electrical tape which could be easily covered up

21 hours ago, springs said:

their banding system could do with a little more work. 

Most sites use tape thats duck tape / parcel tape thick but Bravo 1 was just some standard electrical tape which could be easily covered up

I think most places banding could do with work. An elasticated/velcro reflective armband should be easily affordable. You only need it for one side. If there's concern over fairness, just swap the armbands at half time. Got to be fairer than non-reflective thin blue tape. That may or may not be visible.

Archived