TM or WE? Glock 17.

Pritch
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m after a new pistol and I’ve set my heart on a Glock 17, as I’m wanting a sort of project pistol that I can build upon and make all pretty and sparkly.

anyway initially I found the WE glock 17 for £100 and I felt this a reasonable price however it’s not an amazing brand, decent but not TM level, but it has it benefits of metal slide etc.

but I checked echigoya too see what they had and they’ve got a glock 17 for £100ish including shipping, but the downside I find for me is the plastic slide...

The question(S) I’m after answering is, on the Tm is the plastic slide really noticeable? Secondly is the Tm a lot better than the we? How so? (I have spent a while on google trying to find an answer/comparison)  And thirdly in your opinion which would you go for?

Any other brands you consider worth mentioning feel free to! 

cheers 

• Supporters

In terms of performance a plastic slide is much better. Less gas is needed to rack the slide and in turn you can fire off more shots before needing to refill. The TM also has better internals than the WE and if you really want a metal slide you can buy a replacement and just swap it out. Best of both worlds, really. 

A plastic slide doesn't feel as good as a metal slide imo

Questions related to upgrading should be directed to @rocketdogbert. He's probably owned more glocks than the entire forum combined ;)

Every TM I’ve had I ended up swapping the slide out eventually, but I’m not sure why lol

as @Gepard says, plastic slide is more efficient, BUT if you use WE mags you won’t notice any probs.

The real problem with the plastic slide is not being able to use green gas without risking it breaking. TM have mitigated this somewhat with the G22 which is almost identical to the G17, slightly rounded slide top, but has a metal insert to protect the lock back function and apparently a slightly different frame, but I didn’t notice.

The first Glock I bought was a WE G17, it was pretty good, rugged, I could easily have kept it with a hop-up change, as for some reason it just isn’t as good as the TM.

My trouble is, I get bored. This TM based is about finished, but now I’m getting twitchy fingers again lol

6wt8gSB.jpg

One thing to check, I don’t know if the TM has brought out the Gen 4 yet. Then again, the WE Gen 4 didn’t update the mags anyway which I thought was a real bummer, since that was essentially the biggest change.

14 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

One thing to check, I don’t know if the TM has brought out the Gen 4 yet. Then again, the WE Gen 4 didn’t update the mags anyway which I thought was a real bummer, since that was essentially the biggest change.

Yep, no Gen4 TM, AND Gen4 WE Mags fit the TM Gen3

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

Yep, no Gen4 TM, AND Gen4 WE Mags fit the TM Gen3

The big change about the Gen 4 was that the retention notches in the mags were put on both sides, rather than just the left, so you could easily turn the mag release the other way and have a LH operation.

pees me off when Airsoft manufacturers don’t take time to actually think about what they’re copying.

Out if the two I would choose the TM due to better tolerances and better internals.. 

Have a look at the new properly traded Umarex/VFC Glocks, although I am yet to get my hands on one to inspect, I'm pretty sure the quality would be as good as the WE if not better.. 

ATB Marc 

Archived