If Carlsberg made an airsofting site.........

DiceyRicey
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If Carlsberg made a site, what would people want to see?

for example CQB/ woodland/ mixture, game types, safe zone, live zone, facilities, equipment, shop?!

Would be thinking in relation to the Derbyshire area, anyone localish be interested in a new site and how far would people be prepared to travel etc. ?............

• Head Moderator

CQB site

Parking is always an issue that needs addressing because having to pay for parking on top of the skirmish fee could factor in whether players want to attend. Having on site parking is best, less distance to walk with kit.

Marshals, will they be volunteers or paid. What ratio of marshal to players. The Mall has paid marshals so they are professional, want the day to succeed and take player safety seriously. and have a good ratio of marshals to players.

Safe Zone needs enough space for players to set-up, seats to rest, power points, and good lighting, etc.  Decent toilets help too.

Size of site will determine player limits as well, too many in a small space is not good (thinking of Whitechapel).

• Supporters

sounds a lot like strike force in Gloucester;  

2 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

CQB site

Parking is always an issue that needs addressing because having to pay for parking on top of the skirmish fee could factor in whether players want to attend. Having on site parking is best, less distance to walk with kit.

Marshals, will they be volunteers or paid. What ratio of marshal to players. The Mall has paid marshals so they are professional, want the day to succeed and take player safety seriously. and have a good ratio of marshals to players.

Safe Zone needs enough space for players to set-up, seats to rest, power points, and good lighting, etc.  Decent toilets help too.

Size of site will determine player limits as well, too many in a small space is not good (thinking of Whitechapel).

So would the popular choice be CQB then not a mixture, just hardcore CQB?

What game types are people's favourites?

What would the ratio of marshals to players be and their expected day rate?

How far would people be prepared to travel for a good site?

I'd be interested in any opinions, on or around the subject. Especially from marshals.

PM me if you'd like.

indoors with lots of routes so bottlenecks are kept to a min.

as much realism as possible and what H&S allow. aka if you've got shops then have it "kitted" out to look like a real shop. not just chipboard everywhere.

i think there is a site in the UK up north somewhere thats similar that has shops, cars and what not inside.

Cracking idea, not sure it'd be possible in an East Midlands site.

Don't think it'd be that hard to recreate, but could be a nightmare with bottlenecks?

1 minute ago, DiceyRicey said:

Cracking idea, not sure it'd be possible in an East Midlands site.

Don't think it'd be that hard to recreate, but could be a nightmare with bottlenecks?

Ships tend to have a grid layout of walkways and several exits entrances to the various rooms (often for emergency exit purposes) so bottlenecks can be circumvented by utilising other routes. It would allow huge potential for complex tactical play if used correctly.

Make an airsoft site on a ship and I'll move to the UK in less than a week xD

Would be something unique..

Just like the RedBull Barge thingy they did a few years ago..

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Make an airsoft site on a ship and I'll move to the UK in less than a week xD

Would be something unique..

Just like the RedBull Barge thingy they did a few years ago..

I genuinely do think it would make an awesome place to play. My only thinking is that there would be a huge cost implication and maintenance would be astronomical, but if it was in a central UK location where transport routes and accommodation/parking are in plentiful supply I imagine it would stand a fighting chance of keeping afloat (pardon the pun).

3 hours ago, Sako said:

I genuinely do think it would make an awesome place to play. My only thinking is that there would be a huge cost implication and maintenance would be astronomical, but if it was in a central UK location where transport routes and accommodation/parking are in plentiful supply I imagine it would stand a fighting chance of keeping afloat (pardon the pun).

Hmm, might be an issue having an ocean going boat in the Midlands lol

4 hours ago, Sako said:

You could dig a big pond perhaps.

You could... but... 
There are too many complaints about a lack of housing all over the UK because my generation are needy like that and we hate working hard for our money :P (i work 12 hour shifts and hate my own generation when it comes to things like this lol). 

But in all fairness though, with government "plans" to put more houses up how easy would it be for them to get permission to use the land for airsoft? Especially land that's in a decent location?

• Supporters

^+1 to our generation being lazy shits.  

Spent 4 years working 80-100hrs a week, bought my car, which I love, and changed job to a proper career last year.

Then my peers ask how I managed to afford it and complain life’s not fair. 

Media and government breeding a generation of contempt. 

Why did we have to bring politics into Airsoft? Goddammit.

13 minutes ago, Prisce said:

^+1 to our generation being lazy shits.  

Spent 4 years working 80-100hrs a week, bought my car, which I love, and changed job to a proper career last year.

Then my peers ask how I managed to afford it and complain life’s not fair. 

Media and government breeding a generation of contempt. 

Admittedly I don't work that hard, like serious congrats to you on surviving that many hours lol, I only do about 60, which is still a lot more than most, especially in factory workers. But not enough to move out of home (especially when I was an apprentice earning £3.33/hour for 2 years lol, was enough to get my car though) Oh and like all airsofters I miraculously had enough money for my own guns lol.

Er anyway, back to the airsoft site thing.
I would absolutely love a ship for an airsoft site, bottlenecking could become a problem regardless of layout (just look at R6 Siege). But with the fact we can peak, and with pyros, and just generally not being scared of a few bbs they can be overcome. (less entries also means less exits making pyro harder to avoid)

Ship site has my vote, although it would definitely have a "particular" playerbase, not exactly a site for everyone to come down to. (more limited by the fact it will be really really tight CQB and woodland players and new players would probably be put off by this)
Could easily adapt different gamemodes into it as well, even if it's just party style modes like Slasher off GTA, or TTT, or whatever.

Always nice to actually earn what you are worth though! I'm working the hours and I have the highest production rate of the other workers (tracked through work logs) and getting paid the least! :( wouldn't mind if I worked 40 hours and refused weekend overtime like the rest of them, but gotta start somewhere though just like you said.

My job is an unusual set up really, working in the offshore oil & gas sector on a platform means I work 84hrs per week for three weeks straight, but then I’m on home leave for three weeks afterwards to do as I please every day, and this is our rota.

There actually WAS a Boat used for airsoft.. Pretty sure it was Red1 who ran it but last I head it was out of action as it needed repairs!

Personally I would love a CQB heavy Urban type site, lots of buildings, dark corridoors, lots of levels and a bit of outside space to spice things up. Reasonably priced, ran well, lots of parking, decent lunch and toilets, shop on site with a tech and attended by fair players who value fun over winning and dont take it too seriously, also about 10 mins from my house please!!!

Oh and a bouncy castle, it has to have a bouncy castle!!

7 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

There actually WAS a Boat used for airsoft.. Pretty sure it was Red1 who ran it but last I head it was out of action as it needed repairs!

Personally I would love a CQB heavy Urban type site, lots of buildings, dark corridoors, lots of levels and a bit of outside space to spice things up. Reasonably priced, ran well, lots of parking, decent lunch and toilets, shop on site with a tech and attended by fair players who value fun over winning and dont take it too seriously, also about 10 mins from my house please!!!

Oh and a bouncy castle, it has to have a bouncy castle!!

Everything there seemed reasonable but a bouncy castle may stretch the budget a bit too far :P

wasn't really thinking of play, just a long range for zeroing, targets etc. 

what realistically would snipers be looking for.

But if the site was both indoor and outdoor, would be OK for snipers.....

Archived