Magpul UBR stock on aeg

Eenthuncob
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know this might be a long shot but here it goes.

I’ve recently bought a replica UBR stock and with it not coming with the aeg adaptor and really struggling to find the adaptor online.

Has anyone got a good idea of how to attach the the UBR buffer tube to my Krytac even though it’s a gbb buffer tube if I remember correct.

Thanks.

No it won’t screw into my Krytac.

Already had a go it fits on ok just no way to secure it, I think I’ll have to get incentive to get it to fit.

There used to be aeg adapters but can’t for the life of me find one.

Might have to weld some metal with a hole in there for a screw to go through. 

Ahhh, not threaded then, bugger.

I just put a folding stock adapter on my daughters Patriot to do exactly what you want.

One part of the adapter screws to the receiver, over exactly (but shorter) mount you have, then the buffer tube screws into the rear

WaNJsAS.jpg

6ymk9dw.jpg

Hmm that could be an option.

as you can see from the picture the insides are both different, my wife’s uncle makes ride on steam trains so is rather handy with welding and metal work so he might be able to weld me something inside the UBR buffer tube to get the screw and retention plate in.

21AC056B-5E80-4FBD-85E1-07606785531D.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Eenthuncob said:

Hmm that could be an option.

as you can see from the picture the insides are both different, my wife’s uncle makes ride on steam trains so is rather handy with welding and metal work so he might be able to weld me something inside the UBR buffer tube to get the screw and retention plate in.

21AC056B-5E80-4FBD-85E1-07606785531D.jpeg

Good idea, just make sure you get a block welded in that stops the buffer tube rotating as well, tightening the single screw won’t do it

8 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

out of interest where did you buy it from where they didn't give you both aeg and gbb stock tubes?  I have a UBR hardly used, don't use it anymore so will get rid if interested

I got it from dhgate.com, came from China so probs won’t send it back, I probs should of asked in the wanted section.

i didn’t know that GBB and AEG buffer tubes were different when ordering the stock.

If you don’t use the stock anymore I’ll happily take the aeg buffer tube off your hands ;)

8 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

out of interest where did you buy it from where they didn't give you both aeg and gbb stock tubes?  I have a UBR hardly used, don't use it anymore so will get rid if interested

Mine also, but the fitments I’ve used haven’t been an issue

3 minutes ago, Eenthuncob said:

I got it from dhgate.com, came from China so probs won’t send it back, I probs should of asked in the wanted section.

i didn’t know that GBB and AEG buffer tubes were different when ordering the stock.

If you don’t use the stock anymore I’ll happily take the aeg buffer tube off your hands ;)

Yeah I've seen ones going for around 60 bucks and no mention of AEG tube.  Dang hard to get hold of now

Sorted the UBR stock guys. Got an old bugger tube and removed the runners for the crane stick drilled some holes to screw in place and hey presto it fits nice a snug, will need some new batteries though as my 1300 lipo is a very tight squeeze. 

• 1 month later...

Hi, can you help me with this as well please. Also got one from dhgate and have the same issue you had. How did you fix it please?

Wh

On 08/03/2018 at 8:44 PM, Spider1982 said:

Hi, can you help me with this as well please. Also got one from dhgate and have the same issue you had. How did you fix it please?

What I did was get a normal buffer tube that will fit the gun (or the one you’ve already got) and remove the notices and metal from the bottom of it where the stock would attach and click into its different positions. Then get any sharp edges off by sanding.

After the buffer tube is smooth attach it to your gun and put the UBR stock in place making sure it’s straight and then use the screw holes in the bottom on the UBR stock to tighten it in place. 

Im at work at the moment so can’t get any pictures for you but I’ll put some up if needed.

hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you bud.

i did actually manage to get one with the correct AEG tube - though it required modification.

It does also mean I have a spare AEG adaptor too now as got one that wasn’t needed lol.

Archived