Airsoft gun availability in the UK

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As a beginner I am finding it very frustrating trying to source guns from UK retailers.

On multiple websites the most common messages I read are "Out of Stock", "Sold Out" or "Unavailable". Some retailers appear to have almost no guns available at all.

Could someone please explain why?  I assume it must be for one of the following reasons:

Just after the Christmas buying period stocks are bound to be low.

Retailers in Britain prefer to keep stocks low, and order as necessary.

Far Eastern manufacturers can't make the guns fast enough.

The huge American market soaks up most of the output.

I notice that some of the less popular products always seem to be available. Some well regarded guns and their accessories are as scarce as hen's teeth.

is a bad time 

Well, it was just a general observation. There are plenty of guns I don't  want that aren't available either.

But the ones I have an interest in at the moment include the KJW M4 version2 gbb and Sig p226, and the WE Glock 17 gen4 and XDM.

1 hour ago, Duff said:

Thanks for your reply.

I had seen the M4, and like you, wondered if it was the version 2.

The Sig is a TM.

The XDM is out of stock, although I have noticed there seem to be a lot of the compacts about.

Thanks for the heads up on the Glock.

• Supporters

There are lots of very similar variants of common guns out there, and retailers will be buying bulk consignments.  That'll lead to situations where they run out of "M4A1 CQB Dark Earth URX handguard without suppressor", but still have plenty of stock of "M4A1 CQB Dark Earth URX handguard with suppressor" left.  They won't necessarily want to order another 100 of the former until they've sold more of the latter - stock earns you nothing sitting in a warehouse.

I agree that it can be frustrating, but the likes of TaiwanGun and GunFire seem to hold more stock with frequent restocks, so unless you feel some particular retailer or national loyalty, you're unlikely to get seriously stuck for stock.

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

Helped me, cheers bud

Careful, it lists OnlyAirsoft as “in stock” for some items, but OnlyAirsoft is the website for CombatUK in Stevenage, and often when their website says something is “in stock”, it actually means “their supplier has it in stock for them to order in and then in turn send to you”. There’s not really any way to tell what they do and don’t have unless you call them.

I found this out the hard way ;)

it would be nice if they had a notice / disclaimer that if it's out of stock to either process the purchase or contact them and they can get it ordered / shipped within X days.

i wouldn't be surprised if some of them are just doing drop shipping

Archived