AEG starter bundles

awestie90
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so I've been looking on a couple of websites and I can only seem to find a starter bundles on ZeroOne airsoft website.

does anybody know of any other websites that do starter bundles

I'm looking for kit where you get a rifle, battery and charger etc in one kit for a decent price 

any help please 

• Head Moderator

I have always been dubious of starter packages.  Not based on any actual knowledge but more of a feeling that bundles are not necessarily good value and that you could buy better kit separately. Appreciate budget will be a factor in any choice.  Just stay clear of any websites with BB in the name.

• Supporters

Why not just buy the gear separately? Chances are you would actually save money. There's 4 things you need out of it:

- Eye Pro 

- Gun 

- Battery/Charger

- Ammo 

Have a look in the classified section of the forum. There could be a good starter bundle for you there. If you don't mind buying used and do a bit of digging you could get some pretty good quality gear seperately at the same cost of an Airsoft bundle from a retailer. 

Fire support used to do an ICS m4 starter kit that was actually pretty good I think it was the gun, 2 mags, battery and face mask for £155. 

• Supporters
13 hours ago, awestie90 said:

I'm looking for kit where you get a rifle, battery and charger etc in one kit for a decent price 

Cheaper toy guns tend to come with a battery and charger, while more expensive ones don't.  A basic £75 CYMA M4 from PatrolBase does, for example.  Yes, there are better toy guns out there, but it spits BBs in the direction that you're pointing it, and you don't need to spend more.

What's your budget?

Hey man just spend a bit of time looking through google and these forums,  input your own preferences, such as the type of thing you'd prefer  and check out all the sites you come across. (as a starter I'd STRONGLY recommend an electric rifle or "AEG" over a gas one to begin with).

For a lower budget I'd personally recommend TiwanGun.com but remember if you don't have a UKARA (again, search it on here and research it) make sure you get a TWO-TONE gun, or customs will have it! 

The other bit of confusion you'll run into is batteries....

There's a LOAD of stuff on batteries on these forums and around google etc. but to summarise from my limited knowledge, but not so limited experience, I'd say:

1. Get a LiPO battery and NOT a NimH

2. Get a "Smart charger"

3. The bigger the "MAH" number is for the battery, generally - the longer it will last before it needs recharging

4.The smaller the physical dimensions of the battery (it's height, width and depth), the better - it's more likely to fit in your rifle if it's smaller - obviously. 

5. Voltage - this can get really technical based on your rifle, generally a better, or more expensive rifle(RIF) will be able to handle a higher voltage of LiPO battery (without getting into details about MOSFET etc.) - 7.4v is what you should aim for with a budget gun.

--To summarise on batteries: Get the smallest 7.4v battery you can with the highest MAH number, and definitely a smart charger.

AAAAAAAAAAND finally:

DO NOT BUY CHEAP EYE PROTECTION, and a good pair of boots will go a long, long, long way. Literally.

'Starter' bundles are often a way for retailers to palm off cheap gear on the unsuspecting. If you shop around it's possible to find far superior quality batteries and chargers for very little extra money over a bundle, but you need to know what superior actually is. But buy once, cry once. It might mean finding an extra £30-40 now, but you won't be throwing those critical extras away in a couple of months once you discover just how poorly performing they are.

Think of a decent charger and batteries as your first, genuine upgrade. ;)

agreed, have a look around and buy separates, try to stick to one store to minimise delivery costs too. No point saving a fiver to then spend a tenner on delivery!!

Archived