ICS L85 motor connectors

kierant157
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Recently had the wiring on my ICS l85 repaired and all was good, went to install in my L85 and as i was putting the spade connectors on the motor one of them snapped . wanted to know how to get alhold of these spade connectors as they bend on a 90 degree turn. i cant find the original ones anywhere or will standard spade connectors work and fit just fine ?

They are simply 2.8mm female blade terminals.

Yoi can get them on the Bay if you only need a couple, you can get 90degree ones, I prefer to to crimp my connections, then bend the terminal to 90degree or whatever, then solder, this gives the best conductivity and reinforces the bend ;)

If you've got space you can also use adhesive lined heatshrink for more robust ness 

This is why I use 4mm RC bullet connectors on short lengths of silicone insulated wire soldered to the motor terminals. ;) But if you've only got space for the spade connectors, then as above run a fillet of solder on the inside of the bend.

4 hours ago, Davegolf said:

They are simply 2.8mm female blade terminals.

Yoi can get them on the Bay if you only need a couple, you can get 90degree ones, I prefer to to crimp my connections, then bend the terminal to 90degree or whatever, then solder, this gives the best conductivity and reinforces the bend ;)

If you've got space you can also use adhesive lined heatshrink for more robust ness 

Im going to maplins tonight to have a look are all motor spade connectors 2.8 mm or should i go home first and check them 

thanks

They are pretty much all 2.8.

In the past i have also soldered direct to the terminal then run them both straight into a Deans.

Depends on the build / use / space.

Assuming this is a straight up repair.

With everything in life, best performance and reliablity is usually the simplest installation, in electrics the minimum number of connections means minimum resistance or points of failure

Just now, Davegolf said:

They are pretty much all 2.8.

In the past i have also soldered direct to the terminal then run them both straight into a Deans.

Depends on the build / use / space.

Assuming this is a straight up repair.

With everything in life, best performance and reliablity is usually the simplest installation, in electrics the minimum number of connections means minimum resistance or points of failure

yes this is just for a repair and te only size i can find that is 90 degree turn is these ones - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-4-6-35mm-22-18AWG-90-Degree-Right-Flag-Lucar-Spade-Female-Terminals-x10-red/182417200256?hash=item2a78e99480:g:MvwAAOSwEzxYdQcs

Archived