Yet another burglary..

Gepard
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

A player near to me just had his house broken into and airsoft collection stolen. Please be on the look out for any of the following guns being sold on the forums in the Cheshire area: 

TM G36K

TM M733

TM MP5SD6

TM M16 with NV and underslung GL

TM PSG

The G36K and M733 were both in thin, black gun cases and the PSG came in its original packaging. 

17 hours ago, Gepard said:

A player near to me just had his house broken into and airsoft collection stolen. Please be on the look out for any of the following guns being sold on the forums in the Cheshire area: 

TM G36K

TM M733

TM MP5SD6

TM PSG

The G36K and M733 were both in thin, black gun cases and the PSG came in its original packaging. 

Did he have anything like smart water on his stuff? Friend of mine has just had the majority of his collection (and other household items) engraved with serial numbers and had other security features done after being burgled before.

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Did he have anything like smart water on his stuff? Friend of mine has just had the majority of his collection (and other household items) engraved with serial numbers and had other security features done after being burgled before.

That's all the information I have at this time. I'll ask around and see what else I can dig up but I don't know the guy on a one to one basis so it could be a while before the next update. 

• Supporters

Also, be good to know if he was targeted specifically for his airsoft collection ?, that would open a big can of worms so to speak ;)

• Supporters

Saw this on the facebook Groups.

Speaking to the owner he has managed to reclaim the following:

TM MP5SD6

• Supporters

Reclaim from where? Surely if they had found the culprits they could get them all back? Or had they already been sold on?

7 minutes ago, steakandpotato said:

f*cking disgusting and I hope they catch the scum - Police should be more interested in RIF thefts.

^ This... They aren't exactly firearms, but your general public won't know that if it's pointed at them. Especially the true replica ones of common guns (like an M4A1 or AK model for example). I don't really understand why it seemingly gets pushed aside.  (stressing the seemingly because I don't know how the police really rank RIF thefts, although you never really see warnings about stolen RIFs for sale by anyone other than other airsofters)

3 minutes ago, LightningCh said:

^ This... They aren't exactly firearms, but your general public won't know that if it's pointed at them. Especially the true replica ones of common guns (like an M4A1 or AK model for example). I don't really understand why it seemingly gets pushed aside.  (stressing the seemingly because I don't know how the police really rank RIF thefts, although you never really see warnings about stolen RIFs for sale by anyone other than other airsofters)

It's not even about the assault rifles - Consider shotgun RIFs, handgun RIFs. These are the type of imitations that will cause the damage. M4s etc are too big for anyone to safely move around that are looking to cause trouble (I'm aware airsofters do it). 

People already use real shotguns and handguns to do armed robberies. A 'yute' can easily take a RIF glock onto the streets for to boost his reputation.

6 minutes ago, steakandpotato said:

It's not even about the assault rifles - Consider shotgun RIFs, handgun RIFs. These are the type of imitations that will cause the damage. M4s etc are too big for anyone to safely move around that are looking to cause trouble (I'm aware airsofters do it). 

People already use real shotguns and handguns to do armed robberies. A 'yute' can easily take a RIF glock onto the streets for to boost his reputation.

I did not consider this because they slipped my mind lol (considering i own a pistol, im not too sure how i managed that)
And true... they should be ranked highly on police lists... I mean (old story going back some years) my friends dad had real rifles and pistols that he took to ranges, and one day his car was stolen with the guns in the boot.
Reported the stolen car, police said they would get onto it when they had chance
Told them the guns were in the back and the car was returned within 2 hours with the guns, police shut down 5 major roads both ways into the city.

Why would RIFs be treated so lightly? ok they arent the exact same things, but you can still hurt someone and quite badly (like that airsoft drive by shooting that happened in Staffordshire last year)

• Supporters

Probably because whilst people can comment offenses such as robberies with them they're not lethal. 

I'd consider it quite a moderate threat but I guess the police have different priorities. 

Just recently a shop was burgled and had a variety of weapons stolen and the police closed the case within a month. 

You'd think RIFs would be high on their list but I guess not. Then again I have no idea how the process works so I could just be sprouting bullshit. 

1 minute ago, Gepard said:

Probably because whilst people can comment offenses such as robberies with them they're not lethal. 

I'd consider it quite a moderate threat but I guess the police have different priorities. 

Just recently a shop was burgled and had a variety of weapons stolen and the police closed the case within a month. 

You'd think RIFs would be high on their list but I guess not. Then again I have no idea how the process works so I could just be sprouting bullshit. 

They aren't lethal through a general few shots I guess.... (although i bet a couple through the eyes would come pretty damn close, but the odds of landing that many shots is slim I guess)
It definitely seems like they should be moderate at least, especially since we need to be a on a special database or have a valid reason to allow us to buy them.
I remember the post about the store theft, surprised it closed so soon...
And yeah I agree with you on that last bit, we don't know the process so we can't really comment on it, although I would like to think RIFs are treated more seriously than it seems...

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, steakandpotato said:

So what you're saying is if anyone ever nicks my car... Report it as stolen with firearms in there?

Would sure get results. Perhaps the police are thinking Airsoft is like cheap crappy springers found in pound stores and not the RIFs we all know and love hence their apparent lack of interest in the thefts.

26 minutes ago, steakandpotato said:

So what you're saying is if anyone ever nicks my car... Report it as stolen with firearms in there?

Only would work if they actually robbed you of your car, as if they were to steal it when you weren’t there, then you’d have left unattended firearms in a non secure location which would see you in cuffs. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, steakandpotato said:

Reminds me of an old news story.

Guy calls police, “There is a man in my shed, he’s stealing my tools” “sorry sir, we haven’t got any officers available just yet, you’ll have to wait”

”ok”

10 minutes later:

Calls police again “I have just shot the guy who was stealing from my shed” 

10 minutes later, 3 police cars turn up with armed response.

Catch theif red handed.

Copper “thought you said you’d shot him”

Guy “Thought you had no one available”

Yes I paraphrased, yes it’s grammatically terrible. But it gives the jist and I’m lazy.

Just now, Prisce said:

Guy calls police, “There is a man in my shed, he’s stealing my tools” “sorry sir, we haven’t got any officers available just yet, you’ll have to wait”

”ok”

10 minutes later:

Catch theif red handed.

Yes I paraphrased, yes it’s grammatically terrible. But it gives the jist and I’m lazy.

This story makes me laugh everytime I read it lol. It's great.

6 minutes ago, Prisce said:

”ok”

10 minutes later:

Catch theif red handed.

Yes I remember that story. Very funny

• Supporters

Yes, airsoft RIFs are realistic, but so's any toy gun and a £1 shop spray can.  For committing actual bodily harm, you'd be better off with a crossbow, knife, or a bottle of bleach.

On balance, I'm actually glad that the police don't generally treat them as a major incident.  Look at what happened to this chap when some shiny backside over-reacted.

I hope the burglary victim gets them all back and that he's not further mugged by his insurer or the forces of the State.  Policemen and vampires, don't invite them into your home.

20 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Policemen and vampires, don't invite them into your home.

Words to live by.

Archived