Yet another burglary..

Gepard
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Policemen and vampires, don't invite them into your home.

Let me know when you get burgled, so i know not to bother turning up :D

Not that i ever will as i think you live north the border where legislation gets a bit messy, lol

• Supporters

On the flip side having spoken to the poor victim, he managed to get some of his guns back as the numpty that burgled him was a labourer or something who had seen or knew or just guessed from the hard cases what was up and decided to comeback for them. The owner did some digging and managed to point police in the suspects direction and managed to get some stuff back, unfortunately some the guns (including his precious PSG) had been moved on by the suspect and sadly will probably be lost forever.

As to why police don't treat RIFs any differently its because they are treated as such, as property from a burglary.

Most officers in the area have probably been given an intel briefing that replica firearms were stolen but thats probably it.

The crime is being treated as a Burglary because that what it is.

As for the Burglary that happened at a shop, without CCTV, Forensic or witnesses there isn't much to go by.

Whilst CCTV may catch the suspects in action, try and ID someone from grainy moving images and grainy images is often the best you can get, even the best cameras in the world are useless most of the time at night as they switch to black and white.

Forensic wise the scene of crime will only dust for prints at best, they wont take tool marks or shoe prints often as lets be honest one crow bar (or more likely flat head screwdriver) mark is the same as another and most oiks all wear Nike AirMax trainers and gloves especially in this cold weather.

And as for witnesses, probably the most reliable and unreliable source of information sometimes, often neighbours are totally oblivious of whats going on next door or you could have an incident say a stabbing (not uncommon in London) where 50 people saw it, 10 will tell you about it, 5 will give you their name, 2 or 3 will give you a statement, and probably only 1 might turn up to court but only after being begged to come.

End of the day it all boils down to one thing, you may think it absurd but it's "COST", most if not all forces have no money to spend.

• Supporters

Qualified good news, glad to hear it.

I wouldn't get a response anyway, as I'm at an odd numbered house. ;)

OK... never invite policemen, vampires, or casual labourers into your home, even if they're tarmacing a droive chust around the corner, so they are.

• Supporters

If you read the link carefully its only on "attempted" burglaries where someone has tried to but not been successful at breaking in, i would imagine actual burglaries where they get in and nick stuff remain the same, a Police Constable MUST attend.

Also the point about this article is forensic officers, not police constables. A Constable will attend but the Scene Examiner won't, nearly all forces Scene examiners are civilians, referring to them as officers (as the article does) is in fact wrong as they are not Warranted holders appointed to the Office of Constable, they are just an employee of the police force.

Plus a vulnerable victim is defined as anyone under the age of 18, anyone over the age of 65, anyone with mental health issues no matter how minor, single mums etc, its quite a broad spectrum.

Plus it was only a 3 month trial, and the likelihood is afterwards it reverted to normal. Again the decision for this was "COST".

The Headline is written like that to grab your attention, its only when you look at the detail do you then realise its not as bad as you thought.

On 1/23/2018 at 4:46 PM, Shizbazki said:

The Headline is written like that to grab your attention, its only when you look at the detail do you then realise its not as bad as you thought.

As with 98% of the media

Archived