Skirmshop opening in the UK

Prisce
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Just been sent an image from a friend saying that Skirmshop are opening in the UK from tomorrow.

May have a sale on to entice buyers? 

• Supporters
13 hours ago, badshotbob said:

Typical recently placed two orders with them and the carrier charge from Netherlands.

Recently? They have opened 2 days ago. The original skirmshop is in the Netherlands.

• Supporters
23 hours ago, tleigh92 said:

Mk23 for £40 is so sorely tempting....

I'd be a bit careful, TaiwanGun has that STTI listed at 420fps / 1.6J. That'll be with the barrel extension on, but you won't be using at any UK site that I know of in that configuration - unless you claim it's a DMR... ;)

It's £40 + £7 shipping from Skirmshop UK, but just £33 + £12 from TG so you're actually cheaper buying from Poland even if you're not putting anything else in the order.  Yay for the single market.

11 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I'd be a bit careful, TaiwanGun has that STTI listed at 420fps / 1.6J. That'll be with the barrel extension on, but strictly speaking that's a firearm.

It's £40 + £7 shipping from Skirmshop UK, but just £33 + £12 from TG so you're actually cheaper buying from Poland even if you're not putting anything else in the order.  Yay for the single market.

That means even if I order it and remove the inner barrel from the silencer, up until that point it's illegal to own right?

2 hours ago, tleigh92 said:

Through their UK website?

No the Netherlands site, but checking a few items I ordered are no available yet on the UK site like the maxxmodel air nozzle and the prommy barrels.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, tleigh92 said:

That means even if I order it and remove the inner barrel from the silencer, up until that point it's illegal to own right?

Not illegal, as it's semi auto, so could be up to 2.5J and still count as an airsoft gun rather than a firearm.  The issue is site limits, which tend to be ~1.3J for anything except DMR or bolt action snipers.

Without the extender it might be under 1.3J (350fps with 0.2g) and nobody will blink an eye, or you could cross your heart and swear to stick to a minimum engagement range if your site is OK with that.  We already trust DMR / sniper players to do that.  It's just something to be aware of, is all, especially if you intent to play at a CQB site which is likely to have a hard limit.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Not illegal, as it's semi auto, so could be up to 2.5J and still count as an airsoft gun rather than a firearm.  The issue is site limits, which tend to be ~1.3J for anything except DMR or bolt action snipers.

Without the extender it might be under 1.3J (350fps with 0.2g) and nobody will blink an eye, or you could cross your heart and swear to stick to a minimum engagement range if your site is OK with that.  We already trust DMR / sniper players to do that.  It's just something to be aware of, is all, especially if you intent to play at a CQB site which is likely to have a hard limit.

Right you are. Yeah and one of the site owners has about 3-4 mk23's of different configuration. They'd want to chrono it which is fair enough. I am correct that by removing the inner barrel on the extension would reduce the fps to fieldable levels though right?

• Supporters
16 hours ago, tleigh92 said:

I am correct that by removing the inner barrel on the extension would reduce the fps to fieldable levels though right?

Yes.

The only thing is that it's hard to remove. The suppressor is glued together, you will need to break it open. The main reason of using the mk23 is how quiet it is. Without the suppressor it is loud.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/01/2018 at 1:03 PM, Rogerborg said:

I'd be a bit careful, TaiwanGun has that STTI listed at 420fps / 1.6J. That'll be with the barrel extension on, but you won't be using at any UK site that I know of in that configuration - unless you claim it's a DMR... ;)

Hey buddy,

I run Skirmshop UK and just wanted to clarify that the STTI is sub 350 when used without the barrel extension. Also in terms of pricing, TG may be cheaper but we also supply all of the upgrade parts and install if required :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
On 20/01/2018 at 2:03 PM, Rogerborg said:

Well funny you should say this but me and a couple of team mates bought STTI’s from TG (no way I’m paying £50 plus from a uk seller) and one of us has actually done this ! 

Our regular site let him use it under the sniper rules , he stuck a 4xscope and bipod grip on it , but had to switch to his TM recoil 416D if he was engaging under 30mtrs ! :lol: and he did get some kills with it ! :D

Archived