G&G CM18 MOD 1 Metal Body Compatibility

TypeSaber
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I have G&G CM18 MOD 1 and I'd like to do external upgrade, mainly the Upper and lower receivers and probably rail system too. I know I can probably just save up and get a better gun but it has performed fantastically for me, however, the feel of the plastic on the CM18 feels abit iffy in my opinion. I'd like to know the compatibility of the G&G V2 Gearbox with different metal receivers and the best place to get them!

Any help would be appreciate. Thanks in advance!

• Supporters
3 hours ago, TypeSaber said:

Hi guys,

I have G&G CM18 MOD 1 and I'd like to do external upgrade, mainly the Upper and lower receivers and probably rail system too. I know I can probably just save up and get a better gun but it has performed fantastically for me, however, the feel of the plastic on the CM18 feels abit iffy in my opinion. I'd like to know the compatibility of the G&G V2 Gearbox with different metal receivers and the best place to get them!

Any help would be appreciate. Thanks in advance!

The saying: "if it ain't broke don't try to fix it" - comes to mind

YES you can swap stuff around G&G is quite compatible

BUT some receiver threads for rail system "can" be a bit picky

ALSO pretty sure you need a tool to remove the CM18 rail system...

Image result for G&G cm18 tool

To fit on the bastid funny ring piece in center:

Related image

Then it is tear down to replace the bits over AND hope for the best no issues

TBH £150 gun, if it works then leave it as is

G&G polymer receivers are perhaps one of the best out there

They flex a little which is GOOD especially in cold weather

stiff brittle hard plastic will break easily if you run into a tree/wall drop it

The receiver on G&G CM Range starters are pretty good

OK - maybe they could have dropped the big white CM logo but if it bothers ya magic marker

I certainly wouldn't recommend you rip a good gun apart just to swap receiver to metal one

BUT - it is your gun so if you still want to then go for it

personally save £50 or so to put towards another gun perhaps is my view

• Supporters

The CM16 line has pretty tough plastic. The polymer on mine has been dropped and bashed half a dozen times and hasn't even shown any signs of cracking.

It may be more trouble than its worth to be honest, especially if it doesn't bother you, but I'm sure it can be done. I do agree with @Sitting Duck in that you'd be best leaving it as it is, however. 

If it works well then best leave it.

buying a new gun with all the bits and bobs you want is a more sensible (albeit more expensive) option, BUT it will always leave you with a solid spare in the event a gun isn’t working/broken.

If it's a blow back gearbox it will have to be a G&G one because of the system they use on top on box, I've tried myself, no blow back will be ok 

Archived