Hop ups

sarni307
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think I have gone and made a right co*k up with my hopup don't know what I have done but since stripping it I have managed to make it so the bb travels about 20meters then dives straight down? :P

Anyone have any suggestions or a place I can get a decent well discribed video of the hop up to try and diagnose what I have done

It's a jg g36c by the way

Thanks

check this, it is mostly about gearbox i think but yeah...or this...

:)

For some reason my phone won't let see the video that's in the space between your text so could you please post a link thanks

Most of it after I had a chat with you about upgrading the gun got this big idea that because I fix things for a living it would be a piece of cake (not my best idea :P )

• Supporters

aye, you've simply not put the hop up nub back in. (or it's fallen out as you put the hop up unit over the barrel) it's a common mistake.

Just take it all apart again (wheeeeeeeeee -_- ) and get into the hop up unit, inside there should be the arm connected to the dial, on one end is a circular notch, and where that presses into the hop up rubber there should be a small tube type object about a biro pen's width (the inside ink holder part) and the same length as the width of your hop up unit between the arm and rubber, if not, either buy a new one or simply get a biro, take it apart and use a thin saw to cut the right length part off of the end, simply put a dab of silicone grease on the arm and use it as a temporary adhesive to hold the biro component onto the arm as you insert the unit back onto the barrel.

If that doesn't make sense, there are several guides on google on how to do it. google for 'airsoft hop up biro mod'

and make sure you get the barrel aligned perfectly straight or the BB's will curve when you shoot.

Soon as the mrs goes to bed i will do it I had a sneaky feeling that I hadn't done it when I put the hop up unit back on the barrel will let you know how it goes.

Right just took it apart again and the nub was in there I think what I had done was put the barrel in upside down so the bit where the gap is was on the opposite side to where nub is, this ment that the nub was just pushing against the barrel instead of moving the bucking in. I turnt the hop dial and you can see it compress now by looking down the barrel.

Thanks for the help (and sorry for the double post) :)

They say you learn something new everyday :P

Got a new problem now,

It's hopping nicely now but seems to turn to the right after about 30-40 yards any ideas?

• Supporters

the barrel is SLIGHTLY canted to the right, thus slightly more pressure is on the right side of the BB, but the BB is traveling too fast within the first 30-40 yards for the spin to overcome the velocity.

Take the barrel and unit and twist the barrel ever so slightly to the left, and try again, keep going untillit is firing good'n'propper.

only thing you will have to remove is the barrel clip

Hey while we are on the subject of Hop ups, i am going to get a madbull blue hop up thingy, is it worth it? thanks

Archived