Is maintainance gas ok for skirmishing?

Nicky blue eyes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The title kind of says it  all. I have my first gbb pistol coming soon. I have found abbey 144a maintainance gas is cheaper than the regular 144a gas. It may sound silly but is it ok to skirmish with? Is it slightly lower power? Any help would be great. I had a little look on here and then google but there is no real definitive answers.  Cheers. Nick

Hi mate, not really no, it's used to use put some extra oil in the magazine valves and nozzles once in a while, so say fill your magazines once with the maintenance gas,  every 10-15 gas fills, then just shoot the magazine, then refill with normal gas, if you try using it to skirmish not only will you be wasting money (they are little bottles) unless you managed to find big cans of the stuff.. See in my picture. 

dyv2xkgh.jpg

But you gun will also perform very poorly giving you very lower FPS and shot count. In some aspects I think the gas is pointless, but if the magazine and gun is maintained properly, but if you don't want to be messing around, then it's fine to use as I say. 

ATB Marc 

• Root Admin

Are you sure it's cheaper? It's always been about twice as much per ml. Check they've not listed the can sized incorrectly and that you're not misreading the label (Maintenance and Predator are both green). As Marc said: It's not really suited. Apart from anything you're going to need to clean your bucking sooner as they do have extra lube in.

Archived