Secutor Velites..... any good?

HELIflipper03
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was searching online for interesting gas shotguns and found this: the Secutor Velites. Seems as though its a recently released gun. All three variants look pretty cool, and it's half the price of a tokyo marui ksg! There must be a reason for this however, but I've had no experience with these guns. 

Tell me all you know about this gas shotgun and any opinions you have!

secutor velites.jpg

• Supporters

One of my mates got one recently and is really pleased with it, aesthetically not my cup of tea but the build quality is decent. Supposedly they are on par with the TM M870 in terms of performance, but I have no idea if this is correct. It's a shame Airsoft gun reviews tend to either be affiliated with a shop or consist of "I got a gun and a box and it fires BBs, would give a 10/10 without bothering to use in a few games"

Gas shotguns are pretty fun but functionally they don't do anything that a 40 quid springer wouldn't, other than I guess be easier to cock and some have a 6 shot option which I always thought did nothing other than waste ammo when I had a breacher. In terms of playstyle I find shotguns benefit most from popping in an out of cover between shots as the fire rate and magazine capacity are limiting factors.

There's a chap who is a regular at Combat South that does an upgrade service which is meant to give these guns really good range and that's where my mates currently is. As we should be heading to Rift COM 3 next weekend I am hoping to see what the effective range is like as they have a measured shooting range.

4 minutes ago, Esoterick said:

One of my mates got one recently and is really pleased with it, aesthetically not my cup of tea but the build quality is decent. Supposedly they are on par with the TM M870 in terms of performance, but I have no idea if this is correct. It's a shame Airsoft gun reviews tend to either be affiliated with a shop or consist of "I got a gun and a box and it fires BBs, would give a 10/10 without bothering to use in a few games"

Gas shotguns are pretty fun but functionally they don't do anything that a 40 quid springer wouldn't, other than I guess be easier to cock and some have a 6 shot option which I always thought did nothing other than waste ammo when I had a breacher. In terms of playstyle I find shotguns benefit most from popping in an out of cover between shots as the fire rate and magazine capacity are limiting factors.

There's a chap who is a regular at Combat South that does an upgrade service which is meant to give these guns really good range and that's where my mates currently is. As we should be heading to Rift COM 3 next weekend I am hoping to see what the effective range is like as they have a measured shooting range.

thats cool! Thanks so much for all the info! I would love to be updated on how the upgrading goes.

Hi mate, I see that you go to Bunker 51! I'm going to this Saturdays game on the 20th and I'll be bringing my Velites G3. However, I am looking to sell to fund my new M4 build. Would you be attending by any chance? I could let you try it if you are!

That's really kind of you to offer! Unfortunately I'm studying that day so I can't come. But I would love to see a photo, and maybe If it is in good condition I might consider buying...?

I was looking to get the red A.P.S shotgun then I found the Salient Arms one.

It is incredible the realistic loading of the shells into the gun and that pump is crazy satisfying. There is also something exciting about loading mid battle!!

Also got the matching SAI pistol.

salient_arms_companion_guns_by_darkassassin069-dajjblw.jpg

53 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

On the subject of Secutor stuff.. anyone used/held a Gladius? 

They look nice without being too expensive.

But I've never encountered one in the wild 

I have held one, and they are pretty lightweight but still realistic feeling. The grip is really grippy and almost feels rough to the touch. But they are really cool, and the slide is very snappy. 

I got this one for 500 in the UK brand new. Then the shells cost a whole lot more. You only get 2 with the gun.

Worth every penny though.

It is still A.P.S juat branded SAI.

Hi guys,

Just to add to this. we have sold a few of these shotguns and not just a sales ploy, but they are really good value You can switch between 6 shot or 3, which ever floats your boat. The M870 GXI is a nice piece and comes with 3 x shells, racking is extremely smooth, 300 fps also the G- VI has been popular this one comes with 6 x shells. We have just had a couple of the CO2 pistols in the Rudis VI. fantastic to shoot with a hard recoil we I chrono'd  this at 325 fps with .20g dropping down to 300 after 12 shots. There are more and more CO2 powered pistols coming on the market now, which are site friendly, personally I think green gas will start to fizzle out

Just ordered a VI in tan (wanted black, but whatever). I’ll give you my verdict by the end of the week

Don’t say that! Im waiting for UPS to hand me one lol. Can’t find spare parts either

Mine came 2 mins before I had to leave for work. I’ll get some pics up tonight

Right.... I'll write what ive found/noticed and just put all of the pictures in once I've finished. It's very nicely packaged, both in terms of the box art and the actual insides. Its lined with Kaizen foam, which I've only ever seen inside of a King Arms box before. Inside my box is the Tan G VI model, 6 shells, 90 round speed loader and some manuals that i haven't read being a man. Gun came with a little bit of gas in, which was good. I assume JD airsoft test the guns before shipping.

Things I've noticed..... shells hold 28 bb's instead of the usual 30, so you'll either get 9 shots of 3 and 1 shot of 1, or 4 shots of 6 and 1 shot of 4 per shell. The pistol grip I really don't care for.. I dont like the shiny ABS made out of, although it's not as uncomfortable as it looks. It's an AEG grip for whatever reason. The long top rail is surprisingly solid on the gun and the iron sights are actually quite nice. It has a brass bead sight on the barrel, but you'd have to remove the tacticool stuff to use it. The MOE stock has a little wobble in it, but it's no worse than any clone magpul aeg stock. It's actually built better than the cheap element clone stocks.  Fill valve is on the underside of the stock tube and doesn't have a silent fill valve. If you own a tm GBB/GBBR you'll know when it's done by the gas pissing out of the valve. You've got a few QD adapters on both sides of the shotgun, and 2 QD sling mounts are included. The gun has a nice heavy weight to it. Far from unmanageable, but you can tell its not a £40 springer. Paint finish is nice and smooth, but seems to wear quickly where you rack the gun. One thing i have noticed is you have to make sure you cock it all of the way back. You may hear an initial click, but pull it a couple mm further and you hear another, allowing the action to go forward again. Final thing i noticed was one of the barrels seemed to be silver and the other two black.. thought it was the light, but they do seem to be different. I'll let you know how it shoots on Saturday.

3239D9F1-514E-4CC5-A6EC-BAE22248A1FC_zps

AD770825-2C88-4938-AC2C-1FFE321EBF79_zps

076F3FA3-48DF-4532-9E09-77C867A46A51_zps

3A9EE370-6F27-4E09-8F95-7F35078BEB9A_zps

28376510-33BA-45BD-85E7-990EACC37BCD_zps

DC024D0B-F403-43B4-8F0A-52D049FDE03E_zps

27DE6A1B-732E-4D85-9DF2-C7A96EA18CE0_zps

I finally got round to using my G-VI today and its superb. Nice range and a smooth action even when i was slam firing it to give cover.

Ive seen a few horror stories about these so was hoping all would be ok. Turned out just fine :)

16 hours ago, sjhirst said:

I finally got round to using my G-VI today and its superb. Nice range and a smooth action even when i was slam firing it to give cover.

Ive seen a few horror stories about these so was hoping all would be ok. Turned out just fine :)

What horror stories have you heard?

Thinking of selling mine. Shotguns aren’t my cup of tea. I tried it, but I much prefer my mp7 for CQB 

I've mainly seen people having trouble with the valves and buffer tubes leaking. Loose connections etc or just plain broken.

Hopefully this was just the early ones and its settled down.

Yeah. This was the first batch. Apparently they got lost and spent a load of time in a shipping container with no gas in them and it ruined the valves. Mine came with gas already inside. No sign of leaking.

• 8 months later...

Archived