True-To-Faith British Army Loudout

steakandpotato
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 hours ago, steakandpotato said:

I could never do support - I already get moaned at for my lack of BB-firing :lol:

Does your site permit 500fps DMR? 

You could always go down the SR25 route and recreate the LM308MWS. The Ares SR25 Carbine will get you a good start and has the full length rail too.

11 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

Does your site permit 500fps DMR? 

You could always go down the SR25 route and recreate the LM308MWS. The Ares SR25 Carbine will get you a good start and has the full length rail too.

I'm not actually sure about the limit tbh, always passed chrono (nobody runs anything particularly hot in our squad).

By the way...

20180117_001120.thumb.jpg.95e5acc26f482837a8abc1d2475253ce.jpg

49 minutes ago, steakandpotato said:

I'm not actually sure about the limit tbh, always passed chrono (nobody runs anything particularly hot in our squad).

By the way...

20180117_001120.thumb.jpg.95e5acc26f482837a8abc1d2475253ce.jpg

Awesome!

Now you just need to get the RIS and bipod/foregrip for it.

9 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

Awesome!

Now you just need to get the RIS and bipod/foregrip for it.

The person who I bought it off has tried to fit the RIS and apparently it's incredibly hard. I may or may not try at some point but as for now it's not high on my list of priorities

5 hours ago, steakandpotato said:

The person who I bought it off has tried to fit the RIS and apparently it's incredibly hard. I may or may not try at some point but as for now it's not high on my list of priorities

Yeah it looks like something worth just dropping off at a tech to do.

A couple of years ago I picked up my son-in-law's Osprey with plates included (he's a senior ATO).  The weight was enough to make you want to take it off as soon as possible and is way more weight than you would want to lug around in a typical airsoft game. It may be necessary for our guys on operations to stop real bullets, but for airsoft it is a definite no-no.  If you want the look of a filed plate carrier, either buy or make up some foam inserts. Much more useable.

1 hour ago, AshOnSnow said:

Yeah it looks like something worth just dropping off at a tech to do.

Good shout - won't be for a while that I bother with that, but I'll bare that in mind.

58 minutes ago, RR01 said:

A couple of years ago I picked up my son-in-law's Osprey with plates included (he's a senior ATO).  The weight was enough to make you want to take it off as soon as possible and is way more weight than you would want to lug around in a typical airsoft game. It may be necessary for our guys on operations to stop real bullets, but for airsoft it is a definite no-no.  If you want the look of a filed plate carrier, either buy or make up some foam inserts. Much more useable.

I doubt I'd keep the plates on it, although I do enjoy making life hard for myself during airsoft - considering buying a bergen and filling it with sh*t to make it heavier.

• Supporters

Saw a couple of pics in here I liked so I thought I’d share one of my favourite buys.

So I purchased this broken last summer, always fancied owning one. It is a G&G L85A2, with the blowback disabled to prolong gearbox life. It has a Real Steel DD rail, which doesn’t fit right, but nothing cableties can’t fix until I find a suitable way of holding it on. It also came with a Real Steel SUSAT,  as you can imagine I was chuffed to get this bits alone. 

What was broken you ask? The guy before me had obviously taken it apart for one reason or another, and lost the hop nub! New one in, 50m range, semi reliable(stupid semi fault they all have). Still I just like looking at it..

43B9F665-F480-4351-9F88-2C90CA01FA94.jpeg

16 hours ago, Prisce said:

Saw a couple of pics in here I liked so I thought I’d share one of my favourite buys.

So I purchased this broken last summer, always fancied owning one. It is a G&G L85A2, with the blowback disabled to prolong gearbox life. It has a Real Steel DD rail, which doesn’t fit right, but nothing cableties can’t fix until I find a suitable way of holding it on. It also came with a Real Steel SUSAT,  as you can imagine was chuffed to get this bits alone. 

What hat was broken you ask? The guy before me had obviously taken it apart for one reason or another, and lost the hop nub! New one in, 50m range, semi reliable(stupid semi fault they all have). Still I just like looking at it..

43B9F665-F480-4351-9F88-2C90CA01FA94.jpeg

That is a NICE gun man - How much?

• Supporters

Erm, well the gun standard would be worth around £200, the SUSAT I have been offered £250 for. The Rail I have been offered £200 for. If I was looking to sell, I’d probably advertise around the £400 mark all in.  

What I paid for it? Well that’s a secret, don’t want to be lynched!

15 hours ago, Prisce said:

Erm, well the gun standard would be worth around £200, the SUSAT I have been offered £250 for. The Rail I have been offered £200 for. If I was looking to sell, I’d probably advertise around the £400 mark all in.  

What I paid for it? Well that’s a secret, don’t want to be lynched!

I can respect that

Archived