1911 Pistol recommendations

Socky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to purchase my first 1911 pistol but have had very mixed opinions on which brand to get, so my question is can anyone recommend a 1911 pistol/ brand? Here are my requirements:

Budget: £120 (will pay extra for holster and magazines)

-the more durable and reliable the better, I want a good stock pistol as i've had bad experiences modifying guns

-definitely co2 powered

-as close to 350fps as possible

• Head Moderator

Cannot recommend a CO2 one, although I my go to brand is TM.  Have a read through previous topics in this section, may be some useful information to help inform your choice.

Consider a high capa if you want green gas. The slim 1911 mags rarely hold enough gas to finish a mag properly. 

• Supporters

The TM 1911 hi capa is very good. I'd highly recommend it. 

I echo what the guys say about a TM hi-capa, in fact they are what I recommend most, although as standard they are gas powered I would not let you put you off, and if down the line you upgrade it you can run them on co2 (once highly upgraded, but they work find on gas) they are very reliable, great performance and accuracy and are the most upgradeable and customisable airsoft pistols on the market if you ever did change your mind and want to go down that route, which is easily done and we can help you out too, I have done many videos on them such as reviews, and tutorials, basically covering anything and if I've not done that video one will be coming.. 

I highly recommend the TM Hi Capa gold match, it's the best out the box performing hi-capa, even in gold weather.. 

The kwc colt rail gun was one of my favourite kwc 1911 pistols, I have done videos on those to, reviews, and tutorials, But my was the 4.5mm Airguns versions they are identical apart from the ammo they fire, the inner barrel and magazine feeding lips,  I will not post a video on here though as I don't want to break the forum rules showing Airguns, but like I say they are the same guns,  if you look at my channel your soon see the videos..

In general though they they are quite good performers, but do have a few downsides, parts are quite hard to get hold of, elite force do replacement parts from them but trying to get the parts in the UK is nearly impossible, you can deal with kwc directly but they charge people over the top for parts and do not like sending some parts either, but places like evike in the US stock rebuild kits for these.. These guns also have fixed sight and sometimes you can be unlikely and get one that does not fire to its POA (point of aim) now if its not too bad you can modify it to correct that, which I've done a video on too.. The paint work as with most kwc pistols is not very hard wearing but to be honest it's the same for a lot of standard full metal blowback pistols. 

These are fun guns to shoot though that's for sure, they have one of the hardest kicks your feel on a blowback pistol, will they perform as well as a TM hi-capa, NO, but do I recommend one, well even with their issues, yes I would recommend one, you just have to bare in mind what your getting.. 

ATB Marc 

Archived