Im new and need a bit of advice

Shave the Wookie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.

A few days ago I decided that I wanted to get into airsoft with a mate of mine. However I'm a tad unsure on a few thing so if someone could answer my quieries I would be very greatful.

Do different types of gun shoot different distances? For example does a assault rifle shoot further than a sub? And what type of distance can you expect out of the guns?

How much does a decent Gun cost? Money is not really an issue, but I do not want to buy a £150 gun if after using it once I wanted to upgrade to a £300 gun. How does this gun rate?

http://www.socomtactical.net/cyma-mp5-ump-...tml?cPath=73_75

Basically I want to have a competative gun from day one of getting my licence so what price tage would you recommend?

Ps- If the guns do shoot different ranges then a CQB and woodland suggestion would be great :)

Thanks

Dan

• AF-UK Founding Member

It's hard to know what sort of standards your looking for, but if money is no object I'd just jump in with and ICS or TM etc. You wouldn't be disappointed.

The range is all pretty much the same, I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Here is a good place to start looking at the better guns:

http://zerooneairsoft.com/erol/erol.html

If you were still looking at the HK style, you can get an ICS MP5 (similar to the UMP) for £169.96 if you search "ICS MP5 A5" you can also get that with the M100 spring fitted free which should mean you'd be able to go play straight away at any site.

• Supporters
Ah ok thanks. I shall have a look now.

Do all sites check your gun fps before the skirmish?

No, they should do, but not all, Most however, your best getting a site legal anyway it just isnt worth the risk,

Btw Dev i wouldnt 'Jump' into an ICS you got about a 50% chance of getting a good one according to reviews

Some good advice would be to tell him to do some reseatch himself

www.google.com - ICS/CA M4 / MP5 / whatever im looking for and come back

Cheers.

I know that I want an MP5 with full stock for a large battery.

ICS seem to get great reviews on Youtube.

Are there any other good makes to go for?

I'll do all the research but it would be nice to narrow it down to the right makes to start with so...

. ICS

. TM

. ??? any other good manufacturers?

• Supporters
I know that I want an MP5 with full stock for a large battery.

ICS seem to get great reviews on Youtube.

Are there any other good makes to go for?

I'll do all the research but it would be nice to narrow it down to the right makes to start with so...

. ICS

. TM

. ??? any other good manufacturers?

JG seem to be on par with TM, i would consider it as a choice yes.

ICS is better but its like £100 more?

OK so ICS looks good - and like you say they have a decent range of model.

I have come across Classic Army. They seam slightly more expensive but if £25 gets me a better gun then Im up for it :)

How are MP5's in woodland and non CQB environments? Most outside pics people seem to have M4's etc. Are they simply more accurate or is it because of the larger mags?

many thanks

• Supporters
OK so ICS looks good - and like you say they have a decent range of model.

I have come across Classic Army. They seam slightly more expensive but if £25 gets me a better gun then Im up for it :)

How are MP5's in woodland and non CQB environments? Most outside pics people seem to have M4's etc. Are they simply more accurate or is it because of the larger mags?

many thanks

ive seen mp5's in woodland, its becuase the m4 can be adapted to different suitations thats why you'll see them everywhere.

Archived