Tracer for cm16

Shaun Haynes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

But I want to run tracer  unit on my cm 16  for cqb.Been looking  at the asg b and t    which looks nice and compact  as want to keep the gun length small as possible.

But   i want  to do is use   normal and tracer rounds. So roughy means that very 3rd or th round is a tracer.  

Will this have a a bad effect on the tracer unit..plus can any one recommend a tracer unit 

Try the madbull tracer hop unit, even though the hop unit itself is a bit meh, the tracer doesn't add any length to your gun..

Also, the tracer is just a led light that flashes whenever a bb passes through, no matter if the bb is a tracer or not.

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, Shaun Haynes said:

plus can any one recommend a tracer unit

Type "tracer" into the search tool, and have a look at the results as there are previous topics about this.

Sounds obvious use the same weight bbs and tracer bbs though...

I mixed .2s normal and .25 tracers and had feeding issues for ages and couldnt work out why, I think my mags/gun/hop didnt like the mix of bb weights. 

And I have 2 x B&T tracers, they are ace!! just remember to keep fresh batteries in with your gear, I find they go almost instantly. One mag is fine, then all of a sudden, its like your using normal bbs..

1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

Sounds obvious use the same weight bbs and tracer bbs though...

I mixed .2s normal and .25 tracers and had feeding issues for ages and couldnt work out why, I think my mags/gun/hop didnt like the mix of bb weights. 

And I have 2 x B&T tracers, they are ace!! just remember to keep fresh batteries in with your gear, I find they go almost instantly. One mag is fine, then all of a sudden, its like your using normal bbs..

Yeah I always use 0.2 for cqb  as they never have to fly far.  And yeah think I'll give there ones ago as I might start using them and hate it don't want to drop  £70   on    what might just become a  fashion accessory 

Eh? the last bit doesnt make much sense, and thats coming from me ;) haha EDIT***(May have been my screen, not just your post. have closed down and opened up again and all seems well, apologies, unless you edited it too, but there was something up with a different tab too, poxy computer)

My only concern with the Acetech is it looks longer than my B&T ones, and for CQB id rather the shortest option.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Eh? the last bit doesnt make much sense, and thats coming from me ;) haha

My only concern with the Acetech is it looks longer than my B&T ones, and for CQB id rather the shortest option.

That extra inch makes no difference in CQB.

In a tracer unit that is, the other sort of CQB well I don't want to ruin the lies some of you have been told.

3 hours ago, Shaun Haynes said:

But I want to run tracer  unit on my cm 16  for cqb.Been looking  at the asg b and t    which looks nice and compact  as want to keep the gun length small as possible.

But   i want  to do is use   normal and tracer rounds. So roughy means that very 3rd or th round is a tracer.  

Will this have a a bad effect on the tracer unit..plus can any one recommend a tracer unit 

It won't do anything bad to the tracer or the normal ammo - I think (correct me if I'm wrong folks) that the tracer is simply a small strobe light that gives photoluminescent BBs a brief charge of light as they pass through. Now, a 1st year Oxford physics student will probably give you some crap about photons creating electromagnetic curvature or something affecting the magnus effect on your BB, but you can go ahead and punch them in the face.

The only downside to doing this is that it's going to be a bit of a PITA to load the mags shot-by-shot (you'll need to do this on low or mid caps) but also pretty cool effect once you do. If you're not that fussy, then get a bowl on some scales, load in 2/3rds normal ammo and 1/3rd tracer ammo and give it a good shake and mix, then pop it in a bag (label it!) and you're good to go with slightly uneven patterns in a high cap.

Buy a shop tracer, i've dabbled in installing the brightest LED strips into a silencer and it doesn't work as well. Incase you ask : 3 rows of led strip approx 100mm long 50:50 led's, also tapped a length into my G18C where the mag slides in and still not that effective. but i tried:huh: 

also why are you worried about the additional length, correct me if wrong but :

1.Using a tracer means your in the dark ! ( So won't see end of unit):ph34r:

2. Once you start firing with tracer bb's Again they will know where you are!:ph34r:

• Mostly Retired Moderators
2 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

That's my rifle in the reviews! :lol:

REALLY Happy with the AceTech.

I get good comments on how bright it is which is nice. And the little LEDs are UV Purple instead of white which makes it less likely to give you away. Plus looks well kewl innit.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Also, if you're really after keeping the size down, then tracer built into the hop up might be your only other option.

While we're at it as well, you really should be comfortable with disassembling your rifle down to the level of removing the barrel and the hop up at least.

It's almost like owning a car and not knowing how to fill the tyres with air. How would you sort your rifle on a game day if you needed to replace your hop rubber etc.

On an M4 it's as easy as removing the front Receiver pin and sliding the upper receiver off. You'll be surprised how easy it is.

Go on, try it yourself..

CuWHtTYWAAUKTQR.jpg

Looked a lot longer than an inch longer than the B&T one, your right though wont make much difference. They seem superb though. Will be adding to my wants list, once I sort out a tri shot base and grenade pouches and another pistol mag or two I will look to upgrading my tracer!

• Supporters

If you're dead set on tracers but want to be compact without opening the gun, look at tracer mags. Unfortunately they're expensive, not very bright and unless you spunk all your rounds in auto then the first few shots you fire won't glow (they fade pretty quickly once they leave the mag itself.

3 minutes ago, Lozart said:

If you're dead set on tracers but want to be compact without opening the gun, look at tracer mags. Unfortunately they're expensive, not very bright and unless you spunk all your rounds in auto then the first few shots you fire won't glow (they fade pretty quickly once they leave the mag itself.

No defintey going with the suppressor type 

Archived