1911 gas efficiency?

xaphor
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've had a bell 1911 for a while, bought it ages ago off someone who said it was fully working, 

I've bought a TM slide, TM blowback unit, TM gas router to reduce weight and make it better quality overall..

But I'm still managing only 6-7 shots average. Before it'll either half cock and vent or it'll just run out..

Any tips/fixes? I've got 6 mags all TM/kjw/bell so I know its not really them, I'm going to shim them soon just incase.

Did it work properly before you started tinkering and replacing parts? 

I know its probably not the most helpful answer or what you want to hear, but its a crappy Bell pistol thats probably already knackered from being 2nd hand, its not going to get better, and now you're frankensteining it to try and work with TM parts. From what I found online, Bell is a clone of WE which in itself is a clone of TM, so its an even crappier old Chinese clone of a crap Chinese clone. (yes some WE guns are good, their early 1911s are notoriously bad)

Its going to be a money sink, your best bet would be sell it for whatever you can get and put the money towards a TM 1911 rather than throwing money at a rubbish gun, replacing its parts with TM parts and hoping that makes it better. 

If youre determined on making this one better, from what youve said - if you know the mags are good, then it sounds possibly like a weak/worn out return spring not cycling the slide far enough to reset the hammer fully?  Or things just arent aligning right to get a sufficient amount of gas through the system to blow back hard enough to cycle. 

13 hours ago, Tiercel said:

Did it work properly before you started tinkering and replacing parts? 

I know its probably not the most helpful answer or what you want to hear, but its a crappy Bell pistol thats probably already knackered from being 2nd hand, its not going to get better, and now you're frankensteining it to try and work with TM parts. From what I found online, Bell is a clone of WE which in itself is a clone of TM, so its an even crappier old Chinese clone of a crap Chinese clone. (yes some WE guns are good, their early 1911s are notoriously bad)

Its going to be a money sink, your best bet would be sell it for whatever you can get and put the money towards a TM 1911 rather than throwing money at a rubbish gun, replacing its parts with TM parts and hoping that makes it better. 

If youre determined on making this one better, from what youve said - if you know the mags are good, then it sounds possibly like a weak/worn out return spring not cycling the slide far enough to reset the hammer fully?  Or things just arent aligning right to get a sufficient amount of gas through the system to blow back hard enough to cycle. 

Thankyou for your reply, I've got a few springs laying around so I'll give them a test and see, I feel like its nearly there but not! Things should be really close to aligning or aligned, this is my last shot before I'm tempted to take it to a gun tech, I've been good at fixing hi capa's but this thing has been hell since Day 1.

The story was that someone sold me it when I first started airsoft online, I did a bank transfer and they sent me this gun in the state that its in now :/

Edit: 

I've fitted my AW hi capa 5.1 slide to it.. and I managed to hit 20 shots easy, so now I know its not the lower, I've got two different BBU units on it and tried different guide springs on it too. I don't want to take apart my AW slide because its working perfectly but that one works well

Archived