Tippmann M4

Pritch
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’ve just bought a brand new Tippmann m4 and immediately noticed this spring noise in the buffer tube when firing, is this normal? It’s almost like a vibration after the intial recoil.

And I’ve also came to the conclusion that the hopup is shite so I’m looking for a tdc hop up unit but the incentive design one is out of stock, are there any other good options?

cheers

Apparently Real Steel do it too, feature of the design. My PTS Mega MKM does same to some extent, I think there's a knack to putting the spring in, twisting it slightly that's what I did but Google is probably a better guide than me.

4 hours ago, Defender90 said:

Apparently Real Steel do it too, feature of the design. My PTS Mega MKM does same to some extent, I think there's a knack to putting the spring in, twisting it slightly that's what I did but Google is probably a better guide than me.

Yeah I tried google and all it came up with is people discussing real steel m4s so I thought I’d check but that’s for the clear up, I was just concerned it was an issue. 

Cheers

If it does bother you too much you can put a layer of paper around the spring or some grease. Be careful of the grease one though as I have seen some reports of them playing up when greased. Mine still does it and have not cured it as like the above post , the real steel versions do it as well .

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a sheet of 0.5mm nitrile to use instead of paper as nitrile is good for vibration isolation (usually used as form of pads or mats)

£2.45 is fairly cheap and worth a try

smallest you'd need is 100mm x 150mm I believe... let's see how it goes

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NITRILE-0-5MM-THICK-SHEET-GREAT-OIL-RESISTANT-THIN-BLACK-RUBBER-VARIOUS-SIZES/252712289174?hash=item3ad6d38396:m:mjxLp9v53BPauccAEtwRjTA

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/01/2018 at 11:35 AM, Pritch said:

I’ve just bought a brand new Tippmann m4 and immediately noticed this spring noise in the buffer tube when firing, is this normal? It’s almost like a vibration after the intial recoil.

And I’ve also came to the conclusion that the hopup is shite so I’m looking for a tdc hop up unit but the incentive design one is out of stock, are there any other good options?

cheers

Dont know if you’ve sourced a TDC yet but I recommend the TTRtec one! 

1 hour ago, Sako said:

Dont know if you’ve sourced a TDC yet but I recommend the TTRtec one! 

I went for the incentive Designs one! Seems decent so far!

1 hour ago, Pritch said:

definitely, I got the flat hop on, and a prommy purple nub and its so much better

You thinking about a barrel change at any point? 

Trying to decide whether to go tight or wide bore, so many different opinions 

9 hours ago, Sako said:

You thinking about a barrel change at any point? 

Trying to decide whether to go tight or wide bore, so many different opinions 

I haven’t got round to a barrel change yet but they’re also essential and tippmanns barrel is not got at all. Apparently a 6.03 is the best remedy 

Archived