V2 gearbox parts...

wiggle5
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

New to repairing AEG`s so bare with me I haven't been able to confirm this by searching.

I have recently acquired a classic army M15 I stripped it down as I was not sure what internals it had. However I have discovered the front of the gearbox case is totally cracked and not attached to the rear! was just held in place with the gun assembled I am not saying the previos owner knew about this as possibly you wouldn't if it hadn't been taken apart.

Can I buy any V2 gearbox case as long as it has 9mm bearings? is that the only real variation? Also the tappet plate is damaged ( I might have done this taking it apart. Again is any V2 tappet plate compatible? the main reason being I cant find either of these parts in stock anywhere so would have to get another brand other than CA

Although all V2 parts should be compatible, in reality there are often variations from manufacturer to manufacturer. Having said that, you should be fine with a gearbox shell. If you can't source a 9mm shell, just get an 8mm one and a new set of steel bushes to go with it.

You'll probably want to check what spring is in the gun. Although V2 gearboxes can crack at the front, it's usually only a problem with stronger springs. Look up how to radius a gearbox shell for how to improve the fatigue strength of a gearbox.

345 with or without the front of the gearbox hanging off? It's the sort of thinning you notice, as it's usually accompanied by a massive drop in fps.

I sold it to the OP.There was no fps drop when I chronoed it,I'm guessing it was cracked but held in place when fitted to the lower.

I had no reason to take it part prior to sale,why would I?Thanks...

Yeah it was all held completely in place it hadn't shifted at all you couldn't even see it was cracked, I`m happy with the purchase and not trying to say snuff knew about it at all.

. Only dry fired it but all sounded fine before I stripped it. The gearbox came out as one piece and the front bit only fell off once it was out of the gun so was probably working like that for a while but would have inevitably failed at some point.

Archived